Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best Blade Collective Trainer?

A question for all you guys that have flown the MCPX and the 130X. If you were going to make the transition to collective pitch for the first time, which would you chose and why?
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcpx hands down. I own both. The 130 is bigger and very powerful compared to the mcpx. Both are very durable but the mcpx will literally stand up to just about anything (after the tail boom is replaced with a solid carbon rod extended a little)

Hope this helps!
What is a flybar??
Ogfire88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I always chime in to these with MCPX without a doubt.

Now I don't have a 130x yet. But from what I seen in the store and on the forums you will be frustrated with a 130x. The MCPX is pretty much worry free. I went from flying a co-axle for a month to flying my MCPX in circuits in another 2. It is a heli you will never grow tired of. I am now working on backwards flight and piro flips with it 1+ years later. I moved up and also have a t-rex 250. I have over 140 FFF flights on it with no crashes. I owe that to the MCPX!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK thanks Ogfire & Litehawkdown, I'll quit worrying about breaking the MCPX and start flying around in the shop here when I figure out what's wrong with it.

The reason I asked was that I found the larger 120SR easier to fly than the MSRX. Maybe that is owed to the flybar, dunno.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mcpx

I also agree with the mcpx, I have learned so much thrashing this thing around. I started with the Mcx and moved to a sr120. When the mcpx came out I was impressed at the abuse it takes. The 130x is initimidating for it size and is better suited after you really progress with the mcpx.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I concur with the above, I have both myself and the mCP-X is a flight simulator in 3D literally and figuratively. The 130X requires more mechanical skill over the mCP-X so again, get the mCP-X and don't worry about flying it. It is the most resistant in crashes.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mcp x no doubt about it!! I learned on it with help of the sim. Perfect learning tools to get into CP.
Tunnelvision is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogfire88 View Post
Mcpx hands down. I own both. The 130 is bigger and very powerful compared to the mcpx. Both are very durable but the mcpx will literally stand up to just about anything (after the tail boom is replaced with a solid carbon rod extended a little)

Hope this helps!
imho for someone new, the mCP X is:
1) cheaper to buy
2) cheaper to get get parts
3) easier to fix - tail rotor motor in this case is an advantage for a newbie.
4) will fly with A LOT of accumulated damage. A surprisingly LARGE amount of accumulated damage.
5) lots more experience gathered here; advice, mods, etc.
6) will teach you loads.
7) you will fly it more. it's so small, ummm.... it's flexible. Train hovering in your garage for example if it's pissing rain outside. Go to a local park (avoid people) and you can let her rip.
8) If you can fly it, I daresay you have a decent chance of doing some simple flying on pretty much anything reasonably decently set up and built.

The main issue with the mCP X is it's way underpowered stock - you'll learn about all this in the forums but for a newbie, this is really not an issue.

Don't get the 130X if you are a newbie, imho the 130X is:
1) still beta as of now. might be hard for a newbie to troubleshoot.
2) bloody expensive.
3) but... it's BLOODY GOOD FUN - I got mine yesterday I'll probably buy another one, in case I put this one in.

spykez is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
<snip>
3) but... it's BLOODY GOOD FUN - I got mine yesterday I'll probably buy another one, in case I put this one in.
Addictive isn't it!?

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mcpx

#1 reason. The bird has enough performance to learn what to do and crash durability is awesome. Oh that's two reasons.

When your skills can out perform then up your hardware. Ie 130x / 300x / 450x...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 1st heli was the mcx2, second is the 450 3d. I looked into the mcpx but did not want a separate tail motor for reasons you can read about. I still am tempted to get one just to fly in the house. I really like my 450 and the way it flys.

Best advice I have is to get a good radio like the Dx6i or Dx8 and buy BNF heli's. Phoenix flight sim is very nice once you get your radio set up right.

I bought the 450 3d RTF with the Dx6i and it's plenty good, but in the long run I think I'll end up with the Dx8.

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just my two cents I have them both 130x I just love but the MCPX taught me to fly. The 130x is by far the better helicopter for stunts and 3D it's a hell of a machine. It's like flying a bigger helicopter but with that said you have to take your time and check everything over on this bird and you will be doing a lot of setup work just like you would a 450 helicopter. It's just like when you check a 450 out before you fly. 130x will take a crash and is pretty tuff little bird for what it has under the canopy. But you will be adjusting stuff when you crash.

MCPX spoiled everyone this little guy will take a crash and keeps on going you will have stuff pop off but it's really nothing to bad. If i treated my t-Rex 450 like I did my mcpx I would be broke in all the parts.

Bottom line if I was you get them both. Learn on your MCPx crash it then fly your 130x. If your crashing a lot then I would tell you to get the MCPX. Once you have CP down then fly the 130x it will save you lots of money.

One thing about this hobby you can go out and buy the top of the line helicopter but it does you know good if you can't fly it. Take baby steps. Start with the mcpx beat that thing to death and learn on it. Then go get you a 130x you will be amazed of how good you can fly it.
Gogupgo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanx for all the replies!

I will fly/crash my MCPX and try not to buy the 130X for a while.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

mCPx
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep mCPx BNF and a DX6i radio - without a doubt NOT the RTF DX4e in some respects, it steps you back a foot if you get the other radio.

Huge difference in that and it is very important to be honest.

I would say:

BNF Mcpx
DX6i
Phoenix Sim for sure... needed and needed and needed...
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in