Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, it does sound pretty bad. But, I will try out 100% servo travel first since that speed seems to be identical on the bench as what I am used to. I really do like higher rates since I'd rather my fingers not move much to pull off moves. When i start stretching to the extremes of the sticks, my hands starts to move as well and straight lines aren't straight anymore.
felixthemaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 01:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Travel adjusts .
Never messed with that before. I remember my DX6i having that menu but i cant seem to find it on the DX7. Doesnt Travel adjust only change the limits of travel? The travel of the servos seem fine, they are going pretty far, it's just the speed at which the swash moves that was slow.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The physical limits are set at step L, and cannot be exceeded. The travel adjusts in your radio are the same as dual rates. The only difference between the two is that dual rates are normally switchable.

The size of the signal, or more specifically the width of the pulse, from the radio is what tells the MB how fast you want to go and whether you want to do that with dual rates or travel adjust is up to you.

Some radios won't go over 100% on dual rates, so you have to increase the travel adjust if you want to go over 100%, to instruct the MB to rotate faster, so I always say or refer to travel.

Again, very little can be deduced from servo speed of travel on the bench. This is well documented, and if you search this forum you will find many dozens of posts referencing it. You will only find out when you fly.

If they seem fast now on the bench, watch out in the air, because they have always looked slow to me on any heli I have ever had.

That will probably be the effect of flight parameter G, but that doesn't ultimately affect the overall rotation rate, just the set off speed, as far as I understand it, and you have to be careful not going too high with that.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see! Thanks for the all the info.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

In "Transmitter mode" your "travel adjust" or "servo travel" or "end points" will control the rotational rate on the Beastx. Like Sutty said, your servos will never move past the programmed setting in "L", but changing your end points tell it to roll or pitch faster. Think of it as a direct correlation to to say 300 degrees per second at 100(%) and 101(%) gives you 325 degrees per second. These are all arbitrary numbers because we don't have a direct say on what this rotation rate is, it's a try it and fly it ordeal. The difference on most machines, IF SET UP CORRECTLY ON J, K, AND L, from 100 to 125 is pretty damned significant, and if your radio lets you go to 150 the difference is blazing. There are many variables though, servo capabilities, head speed, blades........blah blah blah. But changing your servo travel/end point values WILL make a big difference and personally I found it a nicer way to dial in my machines as opposed to the canned settings.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve
Old 01-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to say, loving the second part of your signature

This does seem like the 'correct' way to fix my issue rather than mess with parameter G. I guess I will this first before preset parameters. Now that I know that it wont go over step L, I have no objections.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoops, seems like I was in the black mode in parameter B (LED OFF: User Defined).
I assumed that was transmitter mode since it was set like that before I messed with it. I changed it to solid blue (transmitter) and changed the parameter G back to stock (purple) and the cyclic seems to be responding just like normal.

I am guessing "user defined" is the setting you can only change with the beastx plugged into the computer?

Damn, I am stupid. At least I learnt a lot more about the Bx from this post.
Of course, I can't confirm this fixed the problem until I test fly it, but I hope so.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes that is what user defined means, custom PC setup parameter.

Glad you got it sorted, now fly that thing. Or, check over EVERYTHING one more time just to make sure.

Steve
Old 01-04-2016, 07:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

It works! I am so happy, everything is normal again!!

Thanks for all the new info about the Bx I never knew about

It seems to be where i want it at 110% DR, Should I just turn up the travel adjust to 110% and set Dual rates to 100% and will I get the same result? Or is leaving it at 110% DR permanently just fine?

So happy right now!

As for the pitch changes, It pitch pumps just fine, responsively, It's just the minor pitch changes that it struggles with.

Sorry, i was so excited that i forgot to take a tachometer reading. I will save all that for when i go to the field so i can attempt to flip it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in