Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gpro right rudder soft stop

Having a difficult time getting the right tail stop to be crisp-left is great, and it holds great in ff piros and funnels. I have right stop maxed out, but still can't get it to stop crisply!
Hover is solid as well.
its an Align Dominator 550L completely stock setup.

anyone have a suggestion?
Herky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2015, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Buddy.

Have you setup the tail trim while in rate mode to get a hands of hover?
Usually any imbalance in tail performance is due to this step not being completed yet.
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for asking-I did check it in rate mode. I adjusted the linkage a little, but it made no difference. From looking around, it seems like this is a common problem. Tail flies great and holds tight, it's just that right stop that I can't get sorted out!
Herky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 10:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm. I setup two Gpros now and they both adjusted tail stops correctly. I put them at the same number and they both snap a heading the same. Did you turn up the rudder gyro gains until tail wag and then back down a couple clicks? I also tune the Rudder P and I gains as high as possible.

When I have a problem like yours... I reset the software and do the entire tail setup again. 90 servo horn with the tail slider at neutral. Equal lengths of tail rotor shaft visible on both sides of the slider. Flying it in rate mode never hurts.

After that, I'd contact Align USA and see about a possible board repair. Good luck.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So did you ever get this figured out? I just got a Gaui X3 fitted with Gpro not long ago and I'm having the exact same problem. Helicopter flies excellent with no wags and the tail holds great forward or backwards flight. The only thing I haven't got quite right is the stopping on right piros. Left stops are crisp though. I've tried playing with all the gains in big ranges and nothing fixes it. And it's not like it can't be flown like this, it's just annoying that left piros are perfect and right piros are really soft.
jmheath357 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Set the GPro to operate in Normal/Rate mode. The STATUS LED MUST be red.

Hover the heli. Adjust the tail linkage until the helicopter will hover in rate mode without wanting to yaw nose left or right.

Land, since you adjusted the linkage, re-set the left/right travel limit settings to keep the servo from bottoming out at full left or right stick.

Go back to Heading Hold mode (status light MUST be green).

This should solve the majority of your problem Fine tune the rudder left and right stop gains, if needed. This should get you the left and right stops you're aiming for.

Making the world better, one helicopter at a time. Team Heliproz
dksia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Set your left/right stop gains back to default settings.

Set the gyro to operate in normal/rate mode. The status light will be RED.

Lift off, and hover with the gyro in rate mode. Adjust the tail rotor linkage until the helicopter hovers without wanting to yaw nose left or nose right.

Land, since you adjusted the tail rotor linkage to get the no-yaw hover, go back and re-set the rudder left and right travel limits so your servo isn't bottoming out at full left/right rudder.

Go back to Heading Hold mode. Now, you should be able to fine tune the left/right stops to your liking using the left and right rudder stop gains.

The key to proper setup is the ability to hover without turning left/right in rate mode operation.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Rate mode setting

Kindly let me know please, when I set my TDX9 X to Rate Mode, the GPRO led is red but do I set it to 0% or higher ie -100% before I hover my heli to set the tail rod link in rate mode please?
Mark Coetzee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Coetzee View Post
Kindly let me know please, when I set my TDX9 X to Rate Mode, the GPRO led is red but do I set it to 0% or higher ie -100% before I hover my heli to set the tail rod link in rate mode please?
I set mine around -50% and it seems to work fine for me. I think anywhere between 50 to 70%, (-) in rate, (+) in heading hold, will get you in the ball park. Then use the software to fine tune.

Good luck!
dja2424
dja2424 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks for your kind reply dja2424, I have done this setting and the Heli is now perfect
Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

After setting the GPRO at rate mode, I have reset the tail actuator travel and found that the travel now one way is at 70 and the other way at 140, is this correct? Should the travel both ways not be the same?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The left and right stop numbers do NOT need to be the same. All these two settings are doing is protecting your servo by preventing it from running up against a hard mechanical stop while still being driven by the input pulse-width command. The value of the left/right stops do NOT affect operation, or performance.

Essentially one side is "30" away from 100%, the other is "40" away from "100". The servo will still be able to drive the tail rotor to its full left and right extent as needed, and your servo amp and motor won't be damaged in the process.

Your helicopter, like almost all helicopter designs, simply won't hover with the gyro in rate mode without yawing left or right, with the pitch slider set at the midpoint of its travel. Adjusting the linkage to achieve the no yaw hover in rate mode takes care of this. It insures you have sufficient pitch in the tail rotor to counteract torque with the heli operating in a fairly high power environment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in