Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to bind 3gx and spektrum statellites.

i'm bulding a t-rex 450 v2 3gx and didn't find in the manual how to bind the 3gx with spektrum satellites on dx8. Do i need the receiver or just plug the satellites, the bind plug on to the 3gx, the esc to the throttle chanel on 3gx, power up the esc an then the radio?
Then the satellites will be bound through the 3gx?
reimorei is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, and hold the bind button on the transmitter as you power it up
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey.

Yes, simply put you bind the satellites to your DX8 as you would a normal Spektrum receiver using a bind plug and powering on the tx with the bind plug depressed. However I would suggest finding the instructions on the supplied CD, or downloading the latest software/firmware which also has it.

The instructions on how to bind are on the supplied cd/software, you can download the latest version from the net which will also upgrade your 3GX to V1.2.
Also the instructions will go into explaining the two different binding options, throttle only failsafe or all servo user set failsafe and how to select the one which you would like to use.
Coolice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hey.

Yes, simply put you bind the satellites to your DX8 as you would a normal Spektrum receiver using a bind plug and powering on the tx with the bind plug depressed. However I would suggest finding the instructions on the supplied CD, or downloading the latest software/firmware which also has it.

The instructions on how to bind are on the supplied cd/software, you can download the latest version from the net which will also upgrade your 3GX to V1.2.
Also the instructions will go into explaining the two different binding options, throttle only failsafe or all servo user set failsafe and how to select the one which you would like to use.
Ok, IŽll try to download the software w/ instructions on AlignŽs site since my macbook air doesnŽt have a cd-rom driver.
thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimorei View Post
Ok, IŽll try to download the software w/ instructions on AlignŽs site since my macbook air doesnŽt have a cd-rom driver.
thanks
Hello.

Ah ok, my laptop doesn't have an internal cd Rom either.

Here you go my friend; http://www.align.com.tw/alignhtml/3g...gx_update.html

Once installed there is a step by step instruction on how to connect, bind and setup the 3GX which id backed up with pictures as well as text and so quite easy to follow.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by reimorei View Post
i'm bulding a t-rex 450 v2 3gx and didn't find in the manual how to bind the 3gx with spektrum satellites on dx8. Do i need the receiver or just plug the satellites, the bind plug on to the 3gx, the esc to the throttle chanel on 3gx, power up the esc an then the radio?
Then the satellites will be bound through the 3gx?
Just plug the satellites into the 3GX unit, You don't need a separate receiver. You plug the ESC into the throttle channel on the unit, but don't connect your motor at this time, just to be safe. Plug the bind plug into the unit, Turn on power to the heli first, (connect the battery) then hold down the bind button on the DX8 while turning on the power. When the Transmitter says' binding', let go of the button and wait. When the satellites go to a steady orange lite remove the bind plug from the unit. The 3GX unit will go through it's power up. Next unplug or turn off the heli, then turn off the DX8.

Now, this time, turn on your DX8 first, then plug in the heli. The satellites should glow solid orange after initialization. You are now bound! Works every time for me! Hope this helps!
AMA #969521
billmjam is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I apologize for hopping on your thread, but I'm looking for some similar answers. I'm able to bind, but I get absolutely no reaction from my servos.

I'm also not able to download any new software or use it for that matter. I don't know why they use these mini cd's and their software isn't compatible for MAC either. Hope I don't need to do any setup with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmjam View Post
Just plug the satellites into the 3GX unit, You don't need a separate receiver. You plug the ESC into the throttle channel on the unit, but don't connect your motor at this time, just to be safe. Plug the bind plug into the unit, Turn on power to the heli first, (connect the battery) then hold down the bind button on the DX8 while turning on the power. When the Transmitter says' binding', let go of the button and wait. When the satellites go to a steady orange lite remove the bind plug from the unit. The 3GX unit will go through it's power up. Next unplug or turn off the heli, then turn off the DX8.

Now, this time, turn on your DX8 first, then plug in the heli. The satellites should glow solid orange after initialization. You are now bound! Works every time for me! Hope this helps!
Ok, got it!! Did exactly like this and everything is working out fine. Thank-you!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank god

Spent 3 hours trying to work out need to bind to get what I thought was a dead 3gx - thanks for all the posts,
Does anyone have the next best approach to set up... I guess it's level swash...?
Jamesacasemaj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh snap, I forgot about the fail safe!
Didn't even check that

DesJardins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmjam View Post

Hey.

Just to add to the above, for all servo user set failsafe you need to remove the bind plug before turning on the transmitter with the bind button pressed. Then place your control sticks in the required failsafe positions, eg. throttle low/off, 0 degrees collective and cyclics at neutral.

Also, remember after DIR setup on the bench, redo a 3GX bind to learn new failsafe positions which are correct to model setup.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am complitly new at this, just got a 450 Trex 3GX, i need to know how to bind it to my DX-9 the receiver is an AR 610??
It looks more complicated than my 450 flybar!
flyerdan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in