Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GP780 Issues.

I have a TREX 600 ESP Clone, Chaos 600. I recently did some upgrades with DS610 cyclic servos and a GP780/DS620 gyro/tail servo. I cannot seem to get the tail servo to calm down. I followed the setup manual. I have 0 delay and 70% gain on my TX (DX6i). With 0 trim or subtrim the tail rotor stays put with 0 throttle. As soon as I throttle up the helo wants to turn CCW. I am able to get it up off the ground but it still wants to go CCW. If I add trim or subtrim the solves the prob when hovering but when on the ground with 0 throttle the tail rotor wants to move to the left. With no trim or sub trim the tail rotor stays put.

Any Ideas?
mpeled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try to use subtrim then rebind Tx and Rx. That should work!
Robban is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That is one I have not thought of thanks! I did some mechanical adjustment last night and now I am heading to the field.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeled View Post
That is one I have not thought of thanks! I did some mechanical adjustment last night and now I am heading to the field.
Don't use subtrim,you only use it to 90 the servo arm.Once the servo arm is 90 (stright up and down),don't mess with it anymore..Put the gyro in Rate mode and center the slider by turning the ball link's.Once you get it close to center as your eyes can see,leave the gyro in Rate mode and hover the heli.When your hovering tail in and the tail drift's to the right (CCW),land and turn the ball link in 2 full turn's.If it drift's to the left,turn it out 2 full turn's .Once you get the tail close to no drift in Rate mode,only turn the link in/out 1 full turn.Once you get the tail to stop drifting,make sure you go through the Gyro setting's and set the end point's so the tail slider doesn't bind.If you don't,the servo could burn up over time.

The reason you shouldn't use sub-trim is you might not get full travle going left or right if too much is used.Sub-trim is only used to set the servo wheel to 90 degrees.The tail should ALWAY'S be setup mechanical and never use any kind of trim at all..
Old 04-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had it flying today without any drift. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the information. I hat it flying today with no drift. I will tweak it a bit to see what happens. It was a bit windy today and the tail held great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in