Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Honey Bee King 3 + DX6i. What a combo...

Hi all again.

Yes it has happened, I have finaly put the DX6i and AR6100 (tx) onto the King 3,

What a diferance it makes already and the set-up is just a 450 series post that had a TAME p/c and t/c for a novice.
If anyone can post there setup or point me to any It would be very appreciated as I am still getting used to what dose what to who.?
After a reversing the tail sevo and a tweek to the T/c we were flying the bird like it ruled the sky.

Even with a strong/gusty breeze the King 3 was rock steady and not a Wag or wobble anywhere and how easy is it to re-set the P/c and T/c. No more popping off push rods and winding them the wrong way every time... just beep beep beep done.

Now I realy get all the fuss over good radio gear over the stock. The stock radio (2.4 Ghz) is OK for a starter pack but the Spectrum just turns the King 3 into a Fun Hobby.

Only question I have now is "What the Helli do I do with all the spare buttons on this thing...?" I do like the timmer on the DX6i as the King 3 will fly a 2200mah battery to total death...then use it as a stone to park under at 120ft up.

Thanks for the "finnless Wanabee" LaK. I got a good understanding of just how the gyro works with the tail sevo set-up. ( on the stock controller you just turn the Ch5 knob anti-clockwise to (-) and that will put it out of HH mode). Keep the Vids comming as it is good to see the HBK3 set-up and explained.

My next step will be a carbon fiber body and CNC up-grade head but that will have to wait untill after the Clipsal 500 V8 motor race here in Adelaide..4 days and nights of just V8 SPEED, live bands and a good party.
FUN WILL BE HAD !!!

Keep the bird in the air at all cost...$$$
abbywed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Modded King 2 - DX6i settings

Hey Abbywed,

Glad to hear you got the King rocking! They really fly well when setup right. I will list out my settings for my King, but these have evolved over time as I have become better at flying. The current setup is pretty aggressive and makes the most of the Turnigy 450 motor and 11 tooth pinion and 30C batteries. I am running about 3100 rpm head speed.

D/R EXPO: 100, +15 all, except as the season progresses, this becomes -15% all around
Travel Adjust: Get a swash leveler and use this to adjust the servo endpoints to keep the swash level all the way from - to + pitch, not just 0.
Sub Trim: Use this to get the last bit of 90 degree fineness on your servo arms. Rudder and gyro zero.
Gyro: SW - GYRO
0 27.0%
1 77.0%
This is the gain I a using with my Assan GA250 MEMS gyro
Throttle Curve: (Really good slow start on my Alothian 35 amp ESC)
Normal:
L: 0
1: 95
2: 95
3: 95
H: 95
F Mode:
L: 95
1: 95
2: 95
3: 95
H: 95
Pitch Curve:
Normal:
L: 40
1: 43
2: 50
3: 75
H: 100
F Mode:
L: 0
1: 25
2: 50
3: 75
H: 100
Swash Mix:
Aile +75%
Elev: +75%
Pitch: + 101% (450 SEv2 Head)

BTW, I was down under for the America's Cup in Fremantle in 1987, but never got to Adelaide, though I heard it is nice. Got to Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Fremantle. Shifting the Holden with my left hand driving about on the left side was different! Loved it all. I saw a Team Australia vs. England Cricket match where Ian Bothan scored 27 runs in one over. Pretty cool. I am thinking a pint of Swan Black would be great about now!

Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy honey bee king 3 WAYNE

I mate
i dont suppose you have any set up details for fitting the spektrum dx6i rx ?
i have removed the esky rx and now trying to fit/ set up my orange spektrum 6 ch rx r610 that i have purchased so i can just use my dx6i for my foame wot 4, and my bee king 3 helli, also should be getting a bnf mcpx for crimbo that will also run off my dx6i .
any help you could give me would be gratefully recieved and appriciated too.
you have done what i am trying to do by the looks of it .

MANY THANKS (WAYNE) .
brattonwayne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bratton,
The above settings ARE for a DX6i on a King 2 which is pretty much the same setup as the King 3. The only thing missing is the servo configuration:

Front servo plugged into elevator, right rear servo plugged into Aux 1 (Pit), and the left rear servo plugged into Aileron on the receiver. Gyro gain plugged into Gear, Gyro signal plugged into Rudder on the receiver, and the rudder servo plugged into the gyro. The gear switch on the left side of the DX6i up position is rate mode, down, toward you is HH with the above settings. Oh ya, the balls are set one in from the end hole on the servo arms. These happen to be Hextronic 900's. The esky servos I think go backwards from these, so you may need to mess with the servo reverse and the sign of the swash mix values to get all the servos going the correct direction by trial and error. Finless Bob videos explain how to do this.

Watch the Finless Bob videos on Helifreak on setting up an eCPPM heli and you will be good to go. You might want to start with a milder throttle curve, say 0, 25, 75, 80, 90. I just like higher headspeeds and a flat curve. Seems to be more stable if your mechanics are up to it.

Enjoy,

Terry
exblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default programmable radios

Good job AW. Got a DX-7 here, but basically the same radio. That tail setup vid is for gyros that dont work very well. With a good gyro, you could just center the tail slider and be good to go.

I dont use Normal flight modes anymore so cant help much with pitch and throttle curves. When i DID use Normal Mode, the Pitch curve was something like 40-60-75-90-100. Throttle curve was something like 0-40-60-75-100.

Now we use a Linear pitch curve and 80-80-80-80-80 flat throttle curves for everything. Recently have also switched to Align 35amp esc's on all the K-3's. It has a wonderfull soft start, and a gov mode that works pretty well with a flat throttle curve. Sounds really cool too, just like a big heli....smooth, powerfull, ANGRY sounding

I use flybar weights too, and about +15 or 20% Expo for cyclic, usually no Expo for rudder. Have fun messing with it. Its a lot of fun to see 'What does THIS knob do?'
likeakite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

many thanks xblade very much appriciated ( jimbo )
brattonwayne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A quick HI bw and welcome to the forum

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is a rally old thread but you guys seem to know the King. I have a King 4 new in the box. It was a gift from my dad and my first helicopter. I have never flown in because I do not want to crash it. Now I can fly a 300x but I am sure the King is more difficult. I am getting tempted to try it, but the stock radio does not appear to have throttle hold, is this correct? I have a DX8 and a Turnigy 9x, so I could install one of those, but the last time I screwed with RTF before flying it, I screwed it up. Actually the last 2 times. Of course, I know more now than I did then...

Tags
dx6i, hbk3, spectrum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in