Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 450SE V2 or 450 PRO

First let me say that i'm a total noobie and moving from my old HB to purchasing my first real heli. I was originally going to buy the 450 V2 with 401/9650 & 65mg along with a DX7. But now with the release of a 450PRO I'm so confused. I have been viewing Finless' videos and I'm very comfortable with doing careful and detailed assemblies, so I don't expect a problem there. I do know I will have lots,.. okay, loads-n-loads of "build questions" for you experienced pilots to help me through the build. My question is which heli should I get? Should a noobie even consider the PRO? With respect to the V2 Is the PRO any easier to fly,. assemble,. or maintain? Should I buy the 450PRO and DX7? From what I gather the PRO is more expensive to crash... which I'm sure I will do, again and again.
Thanks
alecjpeg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, you should get the v2.

- There are TONS of them for sale on HF and RR's for sale sections for ludicrously cheap prices.. We're talking 50% of what they originally cost and lower, and they're typically in great condition.

- Like you said you're going to have lots of build questions and the 450 v2 has detailed build videos and 1000's of users who will be able to answer any question you post on these forums almost instantaneously.

- Parts are abundant for the v2, whereas the Pro will take months for parts support to come online. And you will be crashing.

- The v2's flight abilities are... extensive. You'll be using it for a very long time without ever reaching its limit.

Get the v2 ;]
Popsicle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

get the V2 and save the rest of the money for a 500 ESP super combo which will cost you $600 shipped, just battery and rx and you are ready.
T-REX 500 ESP -- 510, 750 GYRO AND 520, T-REX 450X -- HS55, 401 GYRO - S9260, ALL METAL (R.I.P), COPTERX 450SE V2 CF -- HS65MG, 401 GYRO - S9260(SOLD), AEROWORKS EXTRA 300 50CC -- DLE55, 7955TH, FROMECO, EDGE 540 -- .81 ALFA, S3305,
f5air is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the V2 with the V1 head. Smaller feathering spindle is very forgiving in a crash. I'm still using the V1 head doing hard 3D.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

definately as the others have said the v2
the reason i would say this is because the pro has a torque tube instead of a belt and it is a lot more to replace if you break it
Old 03-27-2009, 05:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some great promotion for the Pro going on here! I love the V2 and i'm sticking with it, but I have never flown the Pro so I can't comment. It's my guess that when us V2 die hards get to fly the Pro we are all going to want one.
markleyland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 07:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You learning curve on the V2 will be shorter because 1000's of guys have done the trial and error bit on the V2 ( = less time and $ for you), making it easier for you to reference their posts and solve the issues you will inevitably have with you heli.

The heli game is frustrating and very exciting. You'll have a blast, good luck
flashprash65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everybody for the advice. V2 and DX7 for now.
alecjpeg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are buying new I'm pretty sure the 450 Pro Super Combo will be much cheaper than a 450 SEv2 plus seperate components.

EDIT: Using the combo builder at GrandRC, the SEv2 with HS-65MGs and 401/9650 is $718. The 450 Pro Super Combo is $574. That is what you call a no-brainer.
beeflyer2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

neither.. true newbie would do alot better on a V1.. tougher head. and better shafts.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you do not have any 450 and want to get one, get a 450 Pro super combo, its lot cheaper than V2.

I think TT on 450 is better, i know it will cost more if you crash but i crashed my V2 3 times because belt snapped in mid air twice and the tail pulley came loose the other time. The design of the pulley on which the belt drives sucks big time, its just goes on to the shaft with green loctite.

Just my opnion.

Thanks

Last edited by zsultan; 03-27-2009 at 02:07 PM..
zsultan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats crazy advice.

Tail pully snapped ??

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, it didnt snap it came loose and tail stopped spinning in mid air.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am also wanting the TT b/c of two crashes due to belt failures. Which turned out to be defective belts.

I know the TT would be more expensive, but I just feel they would be more reliable (and perform better). When I start hearing of repair costs with the new Pro, I'll make up my mind on whether or not it's worth it for me.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will be little expensive to replace a TT compared to belt after crash, but atleast you dont crash because of belt failure.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

V2 all the way!

As far as the tail/belt thing.... remove the snubber pulley on the tail, Mavrikk belt, watch for wear..... go fly!
WickedDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 03:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a new V1 it came with motor esc battery for 300.00 shipped. Its a great heli for me a noob to learn on. I got a lot of help on hear for set up and i am now hovering it very well with no sim at home.
rctrav27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

i agree that if you want to get started right away and have parts availability right away, go with the v2. one thing that i don't think anyone has mentioned is bugs. new helis usually have bugs that need to be worked out by the manufacturers and expert pilots that find them. you can definately get an excellent v2 on here for super cheap to get you started.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wouldn't base my decision on how easy or hard it is to build....if you can fly well then get the pro.... if you can't then keep on with the sim and the HB.

The pro has the same gearing as the v2....and the motor is still a 3700 so I'd say that what works for the v2 will probably work for the pro.

How is your flying?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsultan View Post
It will be little expensive to replace a TT compared to belt after crash, but atleast you dont crash because of belt failure.
I really doubt that is true. Do you know how much a tail touch costs for a rave? About 2$.
Shockwave 3K is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in