Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gaui hurricane 200 is pretty much the same size as a trex 250. Boom is slightly shorter thats about it. Many 250 parts can be adapted to work on the gaui.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep both the 250 and 200 swing 205mm blades the 255 uses 255mm blades.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 03:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanity View Post
I think the issue with the trex 450 for me is that I've heard it is quite similar to the Blade 400 I already own,
It really isn't, I flew a Blade400 and was quite happy with it, flying circuits, loops, rolls, and started learning inverted with it - a friend had a trex 450 SEV2 which I flew for 20 seconds and immediately realised I had to have a Trex - the cyclic is so much more solid/responsive, and the heli response was night and day compared with the Blade400.

The Blade400 is a great starter heli, its easy and cheap to fix, and perfectly capable of doing pretty much all manouvres, but the all plastic parts all have a little bit of flex and slop in.

I bought a Trex 450 Pro super combo (before sport came out, which is probably a better heli due to robust belt tail and easier layout for maintenance) which I was scared to crash to start with, but soon got over that and ended up selling the Blade400 (I had bought it used, and sold it on for what I'd originally paid for it).

I then ended up getting a Trex 250, which was fantastic, main benefit was I flew the 450 maybe once a week, not even every single week, the 250 I could fly several times a week, sometimes every day, wherever I was and my progress was so much faster for it. I still fly the 250 more than any other heli, I probably get 10 flights a week EVERY week with it, whereas the 450/500 probably get 10 flights a month, as I can only fly them when I get to the field. The 250 I can fly on any bit of open space, and is in a briefcase with tx, batts, charger, tools so I can chuck it in the car whenever I am away anywhere and more often than not there is somewhere I can fly it.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you should look into the gaui 200 if your looking for a small indoor outdoor ride,
alot more durable than your 250 and overall read about what people have to say about it. Good luck with your decision.'JC
James3135 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.aeromicro.com/GH100SE.htm

Perfect for Indoors if you have the skills. I want one too but I have enough for now. smaller than a 120, larger than MSR, and the body of a Gaui..... lol

What am I doing here I don't even own a 250.....

UJSTIN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJSTIN View Post

Perfect for Indoors if you have the skills. I want one too but I have enough for now. smaller than a 120, larger than MSR, and the body of a Gaui..... lol

Yeah! git outta here!
(just razzing a flying buddy)

Last edited by Cadjocky; 10-04-2010 at 03:48 PM..
Cadjocky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadjocky View Post
Yeah! git outta here!
(just razzing a flying buddy)
Razzing....

Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
It really isn't, I flew a Blade400 and was quite happy with it, flying circuits, loops, rolls, and started learning inverted with it - a friend had a trex 450 SEV2 which I flew for 20 seconds and immediately realised I had to have a Trex - the cyclic is so much more solid/responsive, and the heli response was night and day compared with the Blade400.

The Blade400 is a great starter heli, its easy and cheap to fix, and perfectly capable of doing pretty much all manouvres, but the all plastic parts all have a little bit of flex and slop in.

I bought a Trex 450 Pro super combo (before sport came out, which is probably a better heli due to robust belt tail and easier layout for maintenance) which I was scared to crash to start with, but soon got over that and ended up selling the Blade400 (I had bought it used, and sold it on for what I'd originally paid for it).

I then ended up getting a Trex 250, which was fantastic, main benefit was I flew the 450 maybe once a week, not even every single week, the 250 I could fly several times a week, sometimes every day, wherever I was and my progress was so much faster for it. I still fly the 250 more than any other heli, I probably get 10 flights a week EVERY week with it, whereas the 450/500 probably get 10 flights a month, as I can only fly them when I get to the field. The 250 I can fly on any bit of open space, and is in a briefcase with tx, batts, charger, tools so I can chuck it in the car whenever I am away anywhere and more often than not there is somewhere I can fly it.
This is my exact scenario as well. Every now an then I'll bring my 400 out to play. My Trex 450 and Trex 500 get about equal attention, but my 250 SE is flown most often.
1157 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1157 View Post
This is my exact scenario as well. Every now an then I'll bring my 400 out to play. My Trex 450 and Trex 500 get about equal attention, but my 250 SE is flown most often.
Same thing here too. Most every morning at work in the parking lot before it fills up. 450 is my weekend worrior.
Cadjocky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJSTIN View Post

Honestly, I would rather just get a Walkera 4G6S. It's much cheaper, and although it doesn't have as good a frame or head, it still got a good frame to add on to, and the head can be tuned to be good. It's also a inch smaller which makes it more versatile. Plus, if specktrum is your thang you can easily spektrumize it with a AR6300 and the ETech EG108 (3-axis-gyro) that's supposed to be coming out this month. Add a FBL head, a HP-08 motor, a 12XP ESC, and you got yourself a mini t-rex that's still turns out cheaper then the Gaui 100
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
Honestly, I would rather just get a Walkera 4G6S. It's much cheaper, and although it doesn't have as good a frame or head, it still got a good frame to add on to, and the head can be tuned to be good. It's also a inch smaller which makes it more versatile. Plus, if specktrum is your thang you can easily spektrumize it with a AR6300 and the ETech EG108 (3-axis-gyro) that's supposed to be coming out this month. Add a FBL head, a HP-08 motor, a 12XP ESC, and you got yourself a mini t-rex that's still turns out cheaper then the Gaui 100
The 4G6s or the already flybarless V120d02 is a cheaper route and there not that bad either. In fact I learned on the 4G6 and to my belief if you can hover and do small circuits in a 12 x 14 square you can fly anything. You can upgrade the motor and esc to make it a bit better but it's no 250..

Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanity View Post
I think the issue with the trex 450 for me is that I've heard it is quite similar to the Blade 400 I already own, and so I'm not sure there is much point in that.

The thing that excites me about the 250 is that its a CP-capable heli that I could potentially fly in my garage.
i have a blade 400 and i havve a lot of money in to upgrades, my friend has a brand new 450 sport all stock and it flys circles around my 400, i would need to spend another 300-400 bucks to get it to fly like his and i would have a 900 some dolor blade 400 the t rex 450 eats the blade 400 for lunch x10

i can fly my 400 in 20mph winds it's not fun, i can fly the 450 in 20mph winss and i still enjoy flying it cus the wind only bothers it a little bit..

hands down the 450 is a grat flying good quality machine, the blade 400 is just a semi ok flying, low quality machine unless you got a lot of money to dump in to ing

i am ready to sell mine and gett a 250 or a 450, i love my 500 but it would be nice to have a back up and somthing to fly in smaller spaces..

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i ordered a trex 250 clone should be here in a couple days. can't wait to get it in the air. it's my first heli, so it should be interesting
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If u get a clone, make sure u change a few stuff. I would recommend these 2 items
Metal Tail Drive Gear Assembly H25079
New Main Drive Gear/120T H25096

Which clone did u get? I got the combo for the Flasher 250. Quite ok, but i need to change those as the plastic tail drive gear are just crap. even after i applied CA.
Main gear was a bit warp. So for ease of mind, i decided to change it. Might as well get some stuff from infinity hobby, kevlar belt and CF boom
RAPTOR 50 TITAN (maiden 16/06/2006)

Last edited by eerie; 10-07-2010 at 08:51 AM..
eerie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just destroyed my B400, the tail just died. and earlier this week I was just thinking of getting into a Trex 250 or a clone and dumping the 400. I have just started doing some forward flight circuits and the ocasional flips. The blade is going to need a new head and tail. I could get into a clone for what I am about to spend to repair the blade (metal parts). Someone help me descide.
Hopperstien is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in