Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#6

4#6 Walkera 4#6 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4#6 Declared Obsolete

WOWhobbies now shows all 4#6 models as "Replaced by New 4#6S".

Too bad...my 4#6 is still a $0 repair ship.

I like the 4#6S, but I love my 4#6. Any comments?
hiwattheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Welcome to the land of Walkera... they are constantly coming out with new helis and discontinuing the old versions and models. They are inexpensive and popular enough that you can usually buy spare parts for quite a long time after they stop production.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Isn't the only difference the rx?
johnsma22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The rx is the only difference, but now the bottom end price is $20 more.
And hauling up the bigger rx is easier with the hot rod motor...more $.

At least if I need a new stock rx, the price fell to $12.95.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own a 4#6 and really like it. Enough so that i bought three more (i'll explain after}. The "new" 4#6S uses a new Gyro setup makes the heli act like its flying on a string. I flew one and hated it. If i wanted to fly a coax i'd buy one.! Also Walkera has a 4#6 Advanced. It is the same as a 4#6 except it uses the same type of flybar that the CB100 uses. Back to me owning several of these, like i said they are a decent heli and i was able to purchase them for squat money. $119.00 us for the heli and transmitter, or $99.00us for body only. As you can see, i bought several of the heli/tx combos. Sold the extra radios online to offset cost. worked out great If any of you would like to get in on the deal go to www.helipal.com. They are a good company and i have never had a problem with them. I have no financial dealings or anything like that with this company, just a customer. I am also a customer of clubheli but they do not offer this deal. Take care all!!

mhm1
mhm1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've also noticed the 3d gyro makes like a "puppet on a string" indoors, and outside... late at night.

Last edited by hiwattheli; 06-17-2010 at 09:26 PM..
Old 06-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It stinks, Walkera has turned the 4#6 into a FrankenHeli!! It's amazing that Walkera never asks what the CUSTOMER want's.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't want to know how i feel about people that fly Gyro asist and don't need it!!, Wel mabey you do!!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhm1 View Post
You don't want to know how i feel about people that fly Gyro asist and don't need it!!, Wel mabey you do!!
I would agree that a stock 4#6 is very stable already,& really doesn't need the 3 axis Rx. But if converted to fbl, it's uncontrollable without gyros taking over stablization,& it flys well fbl with the 2433Rx. I think Walkera's stategy is to eventually switch over a lot of their line-up to fbl,& introduced the 3 axis first to test the market
nute53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Nute,

Please let us know...does your fbl version "fly itself" or is it too much for a beginner? Just wondering if the sport is really going to "dumb down"...or if I should try one.

IMO the people who are naturals will be bored fast with the 3Dgyro and seek "real" helis. But, remember to say thanks for the newbs who financially support the R&D that we've seen the fruits of. And if they pay for new hop-ups/versions instead of just broken parts, we all benefit.

BTW although too old to be a newb, I'm surely not a natural.

Last edited by hiwattheli; 06-21-2010 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: banner ad interference
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would say the fbl 4#6S retains all the nice flying qualities of the stock version,with less weight,less parts,easier setup.I'm certainly not an advanced pilot-they would skip right over these self-stabilized,"puppet on a string" types & go for a capable 3D.
But not being a natural myself, I do feel there is a certain level of skill needed to fly it-it would not "fly itself".Everyone needs a good stepping stone to advance
At least for me, it is very fast in forward flight,will teach orientations,ect. with less stress,& is fairly low maintainance.
Not sure if 3 axis stabilization is really "dumbing down" -the drop out rate is very high with frustrated beginners who get in over their heads with some advanced 3D heli-then give up after the first crash. At least with the "boring" type,there is a sense of accomplishment-even though we will probably have to un-learn some bad habits later on when going to a "real" heli
Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for anwering my question, and my little "rant".
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your welcome,I think we are all in the same boat when it comes to Walkera products (& others)-since they are constantly changing designs (some good,some bad), we sometimes end up as beta testers. As long as your having fun with a particular model,without too many problems,it makes it worthwhile.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

just turn down the aileron, and elevator gyros. poof a 4#6
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggybirdman View Post
just turn down the aileron, and elevator gyros. poof a 4#6
+1
enuro12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Shaggy,

I didn't notice your reply, as the post is old. But thanks. All help is appreciated. I had bad luck when I turned down the gyros. It just lost good handling. But, I use the 4#6s (w/TA31714) for wind, and fly the ol' 4#6 in calm (rarely), to keep some skill level up. Just wish I had more time. Have fun!
Old 11-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

upgrade your motor, and esc. it's almost a gotta do option. at least my 4#6 was horrible with the pogoing on the stock motor.
cx2, mcx, T Rex 450 SA, GAUI 550, walkera cb100, 4#6, 4#6S, 4g6S, trex 450 clone, V911/FP100, DX7, DX8
never hold your farts in. they travel up your spine, and that's where s****y ideas come from.
shaggybirdman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Shaggy,
Yes, I finally put a TA31714 (so no ESC change) in the st old 4#6, and it's now my second best wind fighter. Happy Thnksgiving!
John
Old 12-12-2010, 06:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,
My first post here. Some of you may recognize me from other forums.
I put an xp7a and obsoleted HP06s motors on my 4#6's. On the "stock" model, I used a 16t pinion and on my 4#6 moths, a 22t.. You can make the cyclics much crisper with a $10 Bell/Hiller conversion using CB100/4#6BE blade controllers and a couple of links from the BE or cb100.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm glad to hear that someone else still flies this model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in