Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CF CP Blades VS. Wood CP Blades, My opinion

the carbon fiber ones are more aggressive flying blades hands down. i have finally got a set of the wooden ones to try out and i am not impressed, they are definitely lighter that the CF blades, the woodies are way better than the stock blades but not as good as the CF CP blades at all. lighter sounds better but i think the heavier blades make it more stable and give it more authority.

what i don't like about the wood blades, it does not handle as well in the wind, it just feels funny in general, not as much snap, i can definitely flip it but it takes longer to do a roll,

what i do like about them, if i go from hover to full stick, it shoots up in the air like a bullet, so the woodies have more lift but less snap.

this will probably be my last pair of woodies unless i cant afford to get the CF ones at some point, i will fly these untill the break and see if i start to like them eventually.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
the carbon fiber ones are more aggressive flying blades hands down. i have finally got a set of the wooden ones to try out and i am not impressed, they are definitely lighter that the CF blades, the woodies are way better than the stock blades but not as good as the CF CP blades at all. lighter sounds better but i think the heavier blades make it more stable and give it more authority.

what i don't like about the wood blades, it does not handle as well in the wind, it just feels funny in general, not as much snap, i can definitely flip it but it takes longer to do a roll,

what i do like about them, if i go from hover to full stick, it shoots up in the air like a bullet, so the woodies have more lift but less snap.

this will probably be my last pair of woodies unless i cant afford to get the CF ones at some point, i will fly these untill the break and see if i start to like them eventually.
when u say woodies your not refering to teh stock blades? the stock blades are mad of wood,or there different wood blades?
celm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
when u say woodies your not refering to teh stock blades? the stock blades are mad of wood,or there different wood blades?
i am refering to wooden CP blades. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLH1147B

the stock SR blades are Trash once you get past the stage of hovering, some people could not even hover till they got rid of them, the stock blades are made to make the heli stable not respond quick to stick inputs. the link to the blades above are what we all use, most of us get the wooden ones but I like to use the blade CP CF (carbon fiber) blades

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I keep a set of stock pro2 main blades in my crash kit but the Pro2 CF blades are alot better.
JFandL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
i am refering to wooden CP blades. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLH1147B

the stock SR blades are Trash once you get past the stage of hovering, some people could not even hover till they got rid of them, the stock blades are made to make the heli stable not respond quick to stick inputs. the link to the blades above are what we all use, most of us get the wooden ones but I like to use the blade CP CF (carbon fiber) blades
I actually found the stock blades to provide better lift, but not as quick cyclic response. I actually like the stock blades, but would like them better if they weren't as heavy. I didn't mind the CF CP blades, but just don't care to spend that much on blades for this thing, just my opinion. I didn't mind the CP woods, but no matter which blades go on this thing, they're all too stinking expensive IMHO. Especially when I go to the LHS and see the 400 blades for 4 bucks less... ??? Why less for bigger blades? Whatever, just fly...
Old 08-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The blades are over priced. I got 2 pairs of CF blades for my 450 for $15.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a part that get smashed almost every crash, thier way of making money.
JFandL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in