Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MSR is my first

A few months ago my buddy gave me one of his old MSRs. I ordered some parts, got it in the air and have been hooked since. I know there isnt alot of action here in the msr area anymore but i have enjoyed reading the old threads and am glad to see some people still liking and fly the MSR.

Mine is dialed in and flying pretty smooth with no TBE. I added the MH swash, rotor hub and anti rotation coller. Mostly flying inside but its great outside when the wind dies down.

Chuck Stunter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 09:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing wrong with that. My grandson has mine, and I still enjoy flying it when I steal it from him. Lol.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good and they are fun to fly. I started with Nano CPX, then got mSR for something easier to fly. Slowly getting better with the NCPX, but like flying the mSR just as much. And this section is still pretty active.
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for chiming in fellas!!

Got a shot of it in air! I try to get an indoor flight in at least a few times a week, if not everyday. Its great to be gaining some control.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still fly mine around the garage. I have 2 and would'nt trade them for anything in the world. Both of them all stock, never saw the need to upgrade anything.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my msr's I have 2 of them and I keep them fixed and in great flying condition cause I fly the stew out of them in the winter months. Would not be without them they are fun.
sooners is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right on HELIBARD and sooners! That is good to hear.

I also have two MSRs as i picked another used one up. It has a few more hopup parts on it and when i tied to fly it there was terrible TBE. Im am going to break it down, start sorting out parts and try to get it flying correct.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Great day in the air

Was lucky enough to get a decent late afternoon to do a little flying. Temp was in the 20s so battery time suffered a little, however the fun did not. Flew 3 packs and called it a wrap. \

Pics we taken by myself with the old cell phone while flying.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have moved the swashplate links to the long balls for outside flying. It was a little wild at first but i am digging how much more i can get around with it. Was feeling really good about it with the short balls and hopefully with some practice on the long balls i can really get this litte bird flying!!!
Old 04-04-2015, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are my two MSRs', Completely stock!

Use the settings from J. Salts E-book on the Orange T-Six and DX6 G2 and both fly awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1896.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	578318  

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2015, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks good pfloyd!

I have been enjoying flying with on the long balls, but prefer the short ones in side. My second msr is still a work in progrees, but when im done i hope to have one set up for inside and one for outside. Although they are far and few between it is so fun to fly this little thing outside with no wind!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Stunter View Post
I have been enjoying flying with on the long balls, but prefer the short ones in side. My second msr is still a work in progrees, but when im done i hope to have one set up for inside and one for outside.
My first heli was the mSR too, with the blue canopy. I don't get to fly it much because there isn't enough room inside the house to do more than hover, and calm enough days outside are few and far between. I actually broke the flybar twice in back to back flights outside when a gust of wind, or turbulence from a fly (I'm not sure which) took it away from me. Though it was over a week between the two flights, with the most recent happening yesterday. The only reason I was flying it is because I took my 300X tree trimming on one of the first flights while getting used to it.

I also recently got a DX8 that I bound to it, which made it more fun to fly. With the RTF controller, it only has 2 arbitrary dual rate settings. With the DX8, I was able to not only adjust that, but also add in some expo to make hovering much smoother. That, plus having 2 D/R and expo modes, I can have 3 settings at the flip of a switch. If you have a computerized radio and haven't already considered it, stick the links on the long balls, then use the radio to make inside and outside settings. That way you wouldn't have as much need for a second heli.
Mooncatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
My first heli was the mSR too, with the blue canopy. I don't get to fly it much because there isn't enough room inside the house to do more than hover, and calm enough days outside are few and far between. I actually broke the flybar twice in back to back flights outside when a gust of wind, or turbulence from a fly (I'm not sure which) took it away from me. Though it was over a week between the two flights, with the most recent happening yesterday. The only reason I was flying it is because I took my 300X tree trimming on one of the first flights while getting used to it.

I also recently got a DX8 that I bound to it, which made it more fun to fly. With the RTF controller, it only has 2 arbitrary dual rate settings. With the DX8, I was able to not only adjust that, but also add in some expo to make hovering much smoother. That, plus having 2 D/R and expo modes, I can have 3 settings at the flip of a switch. If you have a computerized radio and haven't already considered it, stick the links on the long balls, then use the radio to make inside and outside settings. That way you wouldn't have as much need for a second heli.

Good info on the controller Mooncatt! Im still just using the stock controller, hope to upgrade to something better this summer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in