Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Possible to make a dx8 a windows game controller?????

Is there any way a straight usb -> trainer jack cable can be programmed in windows to act as a game controller?

I have an interlink that works great but i wont be able to take both the interlink and my dx8, I'd rather have a single cable for simming and i can still use the dx8 to fly as usual. I dont have the interlink transmitter edition, or that would have worked...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing you can do is install SmartPropoPlus (http://www.smartpropoplus.com/site/). It creates a virtual joystick on your system that can be used across many programs that accept USB joysticks as input. I have successfully used it myself by plugging in a stereo audio cable into the trainer jack on my DX7, and then inserted the other end of the cable into the Microphone port of my computer. SmartPropoPlus is able to interpret the signals coming from your transmitter, and convert them to joystick movements.
spd2last is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2last View Post
One thing you can do is install SmartPropoPlus (http://www.smartpropoplus.com/site/). It creates a virtual joystick on your system that can be used across many programs that accept USB joysticks as input. I have successfully used it myself by plugging in a stereo audio cable into the trainer jack on my DX7, and then inserted the other end of the cable into the Microphone port of my computer. SmartPropoPlus is able to interpret the signals coming from your transmitter, and convert them to joystick movements.
I'll have to give that a try, so a usb to audio jack wouldn't work?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Possible to make a dx8 a windows game controller?????

I don't believe Spektrum does. You have to use the audio simulator jack on the transmitter.

You can have an audio to USB sim cable, or as the above poster mentioned, a audio to audio cable.

Taranis does support USB HID / joystick through the USB port on the transmitter.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried the PropoPlus VJoy in an attempt to link a Futaba Tx to my PC to run the new Immersion Liftoff FPV Quad Sim.

It kinda works but has a lag of about one second or more that makes it impossible to fly.

Any other suggestions on how to link a transmitter to a PC?
bobc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes!

The trainer port with a PPM to USB converter. Look on hobby king or similar for a simulator cable.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually, I figured out how to use a RealFlight controller with LiftOff. Initially, I had to have RF running and then open LO. I then configured and calibrated the RF controller in LO and it worked well.

After the first time, the RF controller works OK with LO without RF running.
bobc2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

First you need to calibrate the InterLink Elite controller in the Windows gamecontroller settings.
As an Admin you can open the settings with the joy.cpl command.

This might be the issue you run into as you do not have to do this directly for the RealFlight software.
If you have not done previously, LiftOff might see the strange signals and wrong mid calibrations?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Recently I stumbled across the wireless RX2SIM wireless adapter in an online shop.
It had a pretty interesting feature comparison with the other available "Simstick Professional" adapter.

A LHS has a USB (wired) interface cable in stock for ~21EUR from a German distributor...

......you probably need to buy something more expensive to receive quality and more than limited 4-5 channel support instead of going for cheaper China dongles/interfaces with USB signal problems / channel jitter?!

I would be interested to successfully connect the Walkera Devo10 transmitter to one of my two old PCs to be able to either use ClearView or Heli-X or Multiplex MultiFlight with a true joystick/gamecontroller interface support.

Unfortunately I have several problems with the RF InterLink Elite USB controller or the Devo10 in USBHID mode on these two (old) computers and the helis act quite strange in Heli-X V4.2 with a heavy (left roll + back) drift even with a good mid signal (I have calibrated several times in Windows + SIM).
Heli-X9c demo shows me a rendering error....so there is some other issue with the Nvidia graphics card driver or not supporting the full OpenGL 2.0 spec and renderers/shaders.
Probably this is caused by the older computer hardware and quite old and low-spec graphic cards.

The two Spektrum wireless adapters from HorizonHobby are even more expensive but for sure are not supported by RF 6.5.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 04-28-2020, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why not just go wireless with a Spektrum WS1000/2000 dongle?

https://www.horizonhobby.com/wireles...ngle-spmws2000
Weule is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, the wireless Spektrum interfaces make sense for this thread where Soccerjay asked about the DX8 and where the SIM supports that (older RealFlight 6.5 + RF7.5 does not).

But the price for the Spektrum interface is 42-46EUR...not that cheap.
Half the price of the RF9 software.
But the same is true for the 21EUR limited wired USB cable.

(Off-topic)

I do have the Devo10 which works with the DSMx protocol.

Anyway, I have plans to use the 4-in-1 HF-modul for Bayang, Futaba S-FHSS, FrskyX,...

I think I could save some money by going with the Frsky wireless XSR SIM USB interface: https://www.frsky-rc.com/frsky-xsr-sim/

The DeviationTX firmware supports several Frsky protocols any many channels and switches are allowed with this USB interface in contrast to several USB simulator cables.

Would be interesting to retest Heli-X V4.2 if my nick/roll drift issues are gone...

With the proprietary Reflex XTR V5.03 (1st blue dongle) I did not have any issues with the Devo10 on this Laptop....so maybe it is important to have some USB interface quality and low noise.

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 04-30-2020 at 07:26 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in