Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300X, 450X, and 500X

I hope the mods add these sections soon! Did anyone else pick one up? I preordered the 300X since it was 300 dollars flat with 7 dollars shipping, and the beastX AR7200BX alone cost about 250 dollars. I ordered two of them, one to part out. I figure if I sell the AR7200BX module, then I basically got a second motor, set of blades, a couple body parts like skids and canopy and a second battery for 50 dollars! just throwing the idea out there
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

300 dollars where?
cappy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ampdraw. I sent them an email asking if they had military discounts. The reply I got said They would give it to me for 314 dollars out the door with ground shipping.
MilitaryMachinist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryMachinist View Post
ampdraw. I sent them an email asking if they had military discounts. The reply I got said They would give it to me for 314 dollars out the door with ground shipping.
That's fantastic. While I am somewhat envious, you guys do deserve a few perks Good on ampdraw.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just spoke with HH and they told me the systems are integrated. I asked them about the servos (he couldnt tell me much) and the set up. It won't bind to a Futaba system (unless you get something like the 14MZ which has Spektrum tx in it. (I know that some BeastX systems do have Futaba systems in them). They also told me that the BeastX system is not the standard AR7200BX system like you would plug in to the T-Rex. Its actually an integrated specialized system just for the 300x/450x/500x. So you cant take the module off.

And last but not least, they wont be releasing any models for phoenix soon. Not as far as he could tell me. I am going to try to get a hold of a better rep as far as that goes.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just spoke with HH and they told me the systems are integrated. I asked them about the servos (he couldnt tell me much) and the set up. It won't bind to a Futaba system (unless you get something like the 14MZ which has Spektrum tx in it. (I know that some BeastX systems do have Futaba systems in them). They also told me that the BeastX system is not the standard AR7200BX system like you would plug in to the T-Rex. Its actually an integrated specialized system just for the 300x/450x/500x. So you cant take the module off.

And last but not least, they wont be releasing any models for phoenix soon. Not as far as he could tell me. I am going to try to get a hold of a better rep as far as that goes.
I don't know how much the guy you were talking to knew, but the lads like dribbe might be able to elaborate better.

In any case, I would want the ability to check the FBL unit - make sure it's programmed right - as well as the heli before I put it up in the air, I would think. Crashes are inevitable as well.

So we'll need the ability to reprogram the unit. I don't think HH are going to deny us this - so we'll probably get a full functioning unit, won't we?

My guess is it comes set-up for the heli it comes with and it's probably a full featured AR7200BX that we can rip out if our 300X buys the farm, and transfer over to another heli. But it is but a guess....

I would ask dribbe or James or Mikel to confirm that we have an unlocked full featured AR7200BX in these new 'X' helis. Can you guys do this?
Clear up some of the FUD.

It may be a small matter to some, but it's a big deal to me.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big to me too, because I would like to able to reprogram and set trims like I can on my T-Rex 450. I dont want to be stuck with an integrated module that I can't do much with.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if by specially they mean its just programmed for that heli and you would have to buy the usb for the ar7200bx to reprogram it to work with another heli... just that I heard that it doesn't come with anything to reprogram the unit when you get it with the 300x/450x/500x... but that was just a rumor I read... other then that I don't know if I want to preorder now if it isn't a fully functional unit...
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

These are just things that a sales rep told me over the phone, he may or may not know anything really. He took a long time to answer the questions.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'm assuming it's loaded with firmware that has defaults set up for the helicopter it comes with.

Meaning you could put it on any other heli you wanted, just make the changes in the menus.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to clarify.

The AR7200BX in the 300/450/500 is the same unit as the open stock units. The F/W is different however.

It has been setup with different F/W than the open stock units. The menus are the same but when a factory reset is done on the unit it does not revert back to the same settings as the open stock unit. It reverts back to the correct settings for the appropriate helicopter.

If you want to take the unit out and put it on a different helicopter you can do one of the 2 following options.
1. Use the USB unit to put open stock 7200 F/W on it or vice versa.
2. Simply remove the unit from the helicopter place on the new helicopter do a complete setup. If a factory reset is done, it just goes back to the default for the Blade helicopter it came off of.

There is no special module. A DSM2/DSMX Tx works with the AR7200BX.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
James
Old 02-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very much so, the guy I asked on the phone told me that the unit was integrated as part of the board for the helicopter so he made it seem like you cant do much more than trim with it... Thanks very much.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the Military discount heads up. As if Ampdraw wasn't already cheap, the deal just got a little better.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, James

Mighty good of you to promptly deal with this.
Might want to have a word with your marketting staff, eh?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just looked on ampdraw looks like there not taking any more pre orders... Its not even on the site
Side_Effects is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.ampdraw.com/category/470/...ic-Helicopters
TheHeliDude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side_Effects View Post
Just looked on ampdraw looks like there not taking any more pre orders... Its not even on the site
Try clicking this.
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any chance James could tell us when Phoenix will have these models out? It would be really cool if we could fly the 300X or 500X on Phoenix before they are out on shelves... Maybe we could get a little bit of coordination built on them early on
Old 02-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Any chance James could tell us when Phoenix will have these models out? It would be really cool if we could fly the 300X or 500X on Phoenix before they are out on shelves... Maybe we could get a little bit of coordination built on them early on
Oh man, that would be great!

Give us a little love, since they pushed the release dates back!
SuperBee364 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH doesn't own Phoenix, there was some talk about that on the Phoenix forum and although they work together I don't know if HH is involved in their development process.
TheHeliDude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in