Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support Brand Specific Charger and Battery Support

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2016, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Am I able to charge LiFePo4 on my PL8

*Note: This is a LiFePo4 battery. You will need to use a LiFePo compatible battery charger when charging these batteries. NEVER attempt to charge these batteries in standard Lipoly mode or with a non-LiFePo compatible charger as damage or personal injury may occur.. You will need to use a LiFePo compatible battery charger when charging these batteries. NEVER attempt to charge these batteries in standard Lipoly mode or with a non-LiFePo compatible charger as damage or personal injury may occur.
Am I able to or Not able to ?
Regards Stretton

Last edited by Stretton; 05-30-2016 at 04:33 AM..
Stretton is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 05:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Yes. Use the A123 mode. You have a range of options for 1100 and 2300 mAh cells.

Check out p75 of the manual http://revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1437.pdf
Old 05-25-2016, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks John
A123 2300 mAh Accurate Charge
Optimized for balance charging A123, 2300 mAh battery packs (requires balance wires on the pack). Fuel Table is optimized for this specific battery type and capacity. Select- able charge rates include 1C, 2C, 3C, 4C, 5C AUTO or 10 mA to 10A manual. Opti- mization is for the most accurate charging with termination settings of C/20 and max of 30 min timeout for C.V. mode. This preset requires that every cell in the battery is charged to exactly 100%. This preset may also be used for LiFePO4 type batteries which have similar charge characteristics. When using LiFePO4 batteries, Fuel Gauge readout may not be accurate and AUTO charge rate may be higher or lower than expected. Default charge rate setting is 4.6A Manual. Max Auto Amps parameter is default to 10A for this preset which means that this preset will not exceed 10A max charge rate during AUTO charge.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I use A123 2300 mAh Accurate Charge for 3000mAh then this should be good
Yes?

Spec.
Capacity: 3000mAh
Voltage: 2S1P / 2 Cell / 6.6V
Discharge: 20C Constant / 40C Burst
Weight: 167g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 132 x 44 x 15mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: JST & Futaba
Old 05-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

Looks ok but I would manually set charge rate to 1 or perhaps 2C as the Auto charge max rate of 10A might be too much for that pack. Check the charging max rate for your pack. On the whole 2S packs tend not to need balancing. I'd probably use the one of the faster modes unless you need to squeeze every available mAh out of the pack!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default max charge is set to 3.650 V, is this correct for this type of battery.
It came delivered at 3.82 V per cell so I thought it would have been the same as a LIPO 4.200 V. I con only take the PL8 manually to 4.000 V.
Your thoughts
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in