Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #1041 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swash leveler 450 Pro v2

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to heli but loving it every step of the way so far! I'm following all of the meticulous instructions out there on how to build my new 450 pro v2 but am running into a little snag - I can't tell whether there is a trueblood leveler for this model. Anyone have a line on this?

Thanks for the help!
jchaff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #1042 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah there is.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...hplate-Leveler

Im sure you can find it on other sites as well.
jbrown287 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #1043 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Look in the sticky thread heli skills and setup. There should be a gear backlash video.

Bob
I'm starting my first kit build - 450 pro v2 3gx (THANKS Bob for ALL you have done to support us !!!).

I was also lookng for motor install and gear backlash vid and did not see anything in the heli skills and setup section, but I did find this vid in the 500 build that does a good job explaining it. I assume the 450 pro would be similar, but the servos aren't in the way on the 500 in the vid !

http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...ame=step16.wmv

Last edited by ottrod; 02-25-2012 at 01:58 PM..
ottrod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #1044 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Leveler Follow Up

Thanks jbrown287 for the link. The thing that confuses me is that that part on some other sites specifically says NOT for Pro v2. For example:

http://www.readyheli.com/LEVELER8-T-...g_p_34928.html

That is also a link to TBELEVELER8 but says in the comments below not for Pro V2. Is that a mistake?

Thanks guys,
John
jchaff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #1045 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align have not changed their swash or main shaft moving from the V1 to V2.... so I wonder why you can use it for the V2?

Due to economic circumstances, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
lankey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #1046 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My first 450 build

I am also new to the sport and just completed my first HK450 kit build, but the problem I'm having is that the heli only wants to spin ccw (while on the floor, I've never tried to lift it). The main blades and the tail rotor are spinning in the correct direction and the tail servo arm and tail linkage are 90 degrees with 0 pitch to the rotor blades.
Could it be the gyro settings, the set-up instructions are a little vague.
Neo Blade 120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #1047 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 pro tail setup ?

hi all im in the process of building my first 450 and have a ?, i've watched the videos( a million times and all i can say is for a new guy they are priceless) i am confused on one part and can't figure it out in the tail setup section i have a dx6i and it says to go to 40 on the travel adjustment in the gear ,i don't have sn option on my radio to do that only thing i can come up w/ is if i go into gyro in menu and set to 40% in gyro and f mode is this doing the same thing? then one more ? am i leaving the gyro in f mode for the rest of the linkage and centering process? sorry if these are dumb ? but again i'm pretty new to helicopter setup , thanks in advance for any help and def. like to thank finless bob for putting out these videos!!
tnt2671 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #1048 (permalink)

My HF Map location

tnt,

I copied your post to the Main forum. Hopefully you'll get some quick help there.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:16 AM   #1049 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Blade 120 View Post
I am also new to the sport and just completed my first HK450 kit build, but the problem I'm having is that the heli only wants to spin ccw (while on the floor, I've never tried to lift it). The main blades and the tail rotor are spinning in the correct direction and the tail servo arm and tail linkage are 90 degrees with 0 pitch to the rotor blades.
Could it be the gyro settings, the set-up instructions are a little vague.
You might have the rudder servo and/or the gyro in reverse. To check, do the following:

Turn on the Tx and heli. Tail is facing you.
Move your rudder stick left. The pitch slider should move to the right. If not, reverse the rudder servo in the Tx.
Hold the tail. Move the tail to the left. The pitch slider should move to the right. If not, you need to reverse the gyro. The manual will tell you how to reverse the gyro.

Hope it will solve your problem.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 AM   #1050 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt2671 View Post
hi all im in the process of building my first 450 and have a ?, i've watched the videos( a million times and all i can say is for a new guy they are priceless) i am confused on one part and can't figure it out in the tail setup section i have a dx6i and it says to go to 40 on the travel adjustment in the gear ,i don't have sn option on my radio to do that only thing i can come up w/ is if i go into gyro in menu and set to 40% in gyro and f mode is this doing the same thing? then one more ? am i leaving the gyro in f mode for the rest of the linkage and centering process? sorry if these are dumb ? but again i'm pretty new to helicopter setup , thanks in advance for any help and def. like to thank finless bob for putting out these videos!!
I don't own dx6i, but I'm sure it has travel adjustment. Just maybe different name. Could be End Point. It's just to limit your servo travel.
Just make sure you put the ball link as close as possible to center on the servo arm. On most cases, it won't bind. If you decrease the end point at Tx, it will slow down the rudder servo.
It is not the same as in gyro menu. In gyro menu, you set the gain. In dx6i, 0-50 is rate mode and 51-100 is head lock. You can start with 65.
If the pitch slider is binding, you limit the travel at gyro. The gyro manual will tell you how to do it.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #1051 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pinguin thanks for your helpful reply---I spooled it up this morning and now it only spins about 90 dgs and then stabilizes, I haven't tried to lift it yet (maybe tonight) but it looks like you got me on the right track.

Thanks again Pinguin
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #1052 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguin View Post
I don't own dx6i, but I'm sure it has travel adjustment. Just maybe different name. Could be End Point. It's just to limit your servo travel
In this case, he's trying to figure out the end points method of setting the gain. This is unnecessary on the DX6i because it has the Gyro screen where you can set up a gain value for each flight mode. Using endpoints is harder to figure out, and it limits your setup so you can't have everything in heading hold mode. Rate mode is nearly useless for beginners, so using a method which requires you to set up the rate mode is just not helpful. Use the gyro screen and set up heading hold gain values for all your flight modes.

Quote:
Pinguin thanks for your helpful reply---I spooled it up this morning and now it only spins about 90 dgs and then stabilizes, I haven't tried to lift it yet (maybe tonight) but it looks like you got me on the right track.

Thanks again Pinguin
Gyros do not work right when the helicopter is obstructed from normal movement by being in contact with the ground. Gyros also do not work right when the head speed is so low that the tail rotor has no authority. Therefore, you need to be up in the air at a decent head speed before you can tell if the gyro is working right. You may need an expert to help you do this part of the setup.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #1053 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the advice Jasmine and you are right, I need an expert. I spooled it up in the garage last night and it was trying to correct itself so I gave it a little more throttle to get it lighter on it's skids, all of a sudden it lifted about 2 feet which startled me (even though I was 15 feet behind) and I took a step back taking my eye off (knowing better) for just a nono second it seemed but before I could hit TH it went sideways and the blades caught a half filled leaf bag. The only thing that broke was a small cross arm for the pitch links.
I consider myself lucky on a couple different levels.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #1054 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Jasmine and you are right, I need an expert. I spooled it up in the garage last night and it was trying to correct itself so I gave it a little more throttle to get it lighter on it's skids, all of a sudden it lifted about 2 feet which startled me (even though I was 15 feet behind) and I took a step back taking my eye off (knowing better) for just a nono second it seemed but before I could hit TH it went sideways and the blades caught a half filled leaf bag. The only thing that broke was a small cross arm for the pitch links.
I consider myself lucky on a couple different levels.
Sounds like you have multiple problems. Please post a new thread, give us all the information so we can help you. We need to know all about the helicopter and how it's set up. Send me a link to your new thread.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #1055 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Very helpful!!

It was big help when I was building my 450 pro and also afterward!!

Thank You!
calgaryjsc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #1056 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for all of the great video! My build went very smoothly after watching all of them.

There was a video about changing the Torque Tube Front Drive Gears but I don't remember which one is it and can't find it any more. Could someone help me? TIA!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #1057 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello everyone,

Thanks Bob for the awesome videos. Those really make setup and building understandable for a noob.

Got my second 450 Pro on it's maiden hover this afternoon. WooHoo

Scratching my head a little though and I need some help. I am running the stock DS520 tail servo and Align GP780 gyro. I'm using the stock tail rod with both guide rod supports locked down with a zip tie. Servo ball stud is 8mm out from center. Piro stops are nice and crisp nose left. Nose right and I get a wag 2-3 times before it settles down. I'm in HH mode. Can one of you kind folks explain this to me ?? How do I correct this??

Thanks and Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #1058 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Did you flip the tail grips? If not try that as it center the slider and gives good servo resolution in the direction your talking about.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #1059 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank's Bob,

I did not flip the grips as you and others highly praise since I use HH mode. I am also a very casual flyer. My other 450 Pro flys fine without the grip flip. I will definately give that a try. The one difference, I mistakenly ordered 59.6mm KBDD tail blades and used them for the maided. The other 450 has 61mm KBDD tail blades. Could that be the difference ?? I'll still try the grip flip though. You're the man Bob.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #1060 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Did you flip the tail grips? If not try that as it center the slider and gives good servo resolution in the direction your talking about.

Bob
Bob, what causes tail bounce-back on piro stops? Is it the delay or something about the input itself? And, is it really possible or worth the time to try to completely eliminate this, or is it better to just use better control inputs? On my heli, it only bounces if I stop really quickly, letting the stick center by itself - that's not exactly a controlled maneuver. Also, the bounce doesn't really bother me, the tail still goes where I want it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in