Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters

Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Minicopter Joker/Diabolo Helicopters Discussions

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 02:50 AM   #1061 (permalink)
HF Support

It is crazy to offer to repair for near the cost of a new unit. Did you fill in the repair limit on the service repair form? A lot depends probably on who handles the service, might be worth a query. It would have been worth spades of goodwill to offer you a new at cost price.

I have YGE 320/160/120. They really aren't in the same class as KT and of course don't have that great BEC or logging.

I have had good experience with KT service, quick and reasonable. They repaired a Kosmik I blew up with reverse polarity for about €150 which I though reasonable. At least they can be repaired whereas the PJ or HJ could not.
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 03:11 AM   #1062 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good point John, thank you. I too have had good experience in the past, this was a shock.

I agree with the lack of BEC, I thought about Jlog but more complexity, The one thing that has me hooked is the capacity cut out feature. For me who is a habitual over discharger is essential and a money saver for lipos

Well, I just checked my inbox and I have an offer of 25% off the cost of a new Kosmik. I did suggest in my email to them to offer me a discounted replacement and they did it.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #1063 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cannot wait to see the first testing of new Hobbywing 160Hv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	539089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	539090  
Lada1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #1064 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lada1 View Post
I cannot wait to see the first testing of new Hobbywing 160Hv
Wow looks like a complete knock off of a kosmik. Hopefully they haven't found a way to steal Kontronik's firmware.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #1065 (permalink)
Registered Users

The built in WiFi module sounds interesting.
Any news on release date?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 AM   #1066 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
Wow looks like a complete knock off of a kosmik. Hopefully they haven't found a way to steal Kontronik's firmware.
Without knowing dimensions, it definitely looks like an intended match of Kosmik form factor in order to leverage physical compatibility if not to represent replaceability. Definitely feature list does match key selling points of Kosmik. It would be a shame if they were to resort to copying s/w as I think their flagship product HW120A was properly theirs.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #1067 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorapture View Post
Without knowing dimensions, it definitely looks like an intended match of Kosmik form factor in order to leverage physical compatibility if not to represent replaceability. Definitely feature list does match key selling points of Kosmik. It would be a shame if they were to resort to copying s/w as I think their flagship product HW120A was properly theirs.

106 x 39 x 34 mm.

The HW120A is a great product.

I've used it on my Dune and under VBar Gov was as good as HJ 120.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #1068 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsodhi View Post
The built in WiFi module sounds interesting.
Any news on release date?
thats a little scary as the last time i saw a wifi device around 2.4ghz radio equipment on a heli it almost completely locked control out.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #1069 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBear View Post
106 x 39 x 34 mm.

+1..I used the HW with Vbar gov on the Diabolo in the past and it and worked very well. I wasn't pushing as much then as now, so a 160 would be good now, and with the prospect of Ext GOV with the Spirit it's looking good as well.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #1070 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
thats a little scary as the last time i saw a wifi device around 2.4ghz radio equipment on a heli it almost completely locked control out.
Really? Sounds worrying....Though I have spent hours with my radio on and heli connected doing setup, with the home broadband Wifi transmitter next to me and no issues.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #1071 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsodhi View Post
Really? Sounds worrying....Though I have spent hours with my radio on and heli connected doing setup, with the home broadband Wifi transmitter next to me and no issues.
Yea it was a gopro with wifi mode turned on. It was on a dji 550. It has to do with proximity to the receiver. Even if it doesn't hurt reception up close it will definitely reduce your range significantly maybe to the point of being un-flyable.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:35 AM   #1072 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
106 x 39 x 34 mm.
At those dimensions definitely not a match for a Kosmik size wise.

Quote:

Looking forward to it!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #1073 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What about that is stupid? There is no way to tell after a crash just how badly you damaged it and if you broke all the internal boards then it is basically a new Kosmik upon getting repaired and sent back to you but at a slightly cheaper cost. Does YGE offer a repair service?
These are just heli parts. Expensive Toys. Just my op from the other side of things. Isn't that what this forum is about?
I think the op answered it as well as could be. I have seen close to 20 other posts from guys 'surprised' by almost exactly the same issues representing the other side of things. And one recently that sent a Koz in just for a spring tune up, his 'tune up' bill came in at over $300 for an esc with nothing wrong? (Maybe the company treats more important known people better than us common folk, as it seems to be one or the other?)

Admittedly these may be the best esc's on the planet. But this part is what has had me scared away. I recently passed by a Koz 160 with 20 flights on it that was sold for $400 for just this reason. I do watch how companies treat their customers as a whole since a large part of who I am is tied into market research. And yes, YGE does repair their own esc's. And if you explore the three more popular forums there isn't a single negative post about that company. Other than guys raging about HK ripping their design off with the Yep version. Which btw seems to be a valid esc, as I have been running a couple of those without any issues.

I am set to replace my scorched esc this fall with something else on my Tri 800, so I am actively looking. And no, it wasn't my esc's fault it failed. I simply pushed it way beyond its design specs with a sketchy used unit that had been down hard a number of times. And it gave up the ghost.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #1074 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
These are just heli parts. Expensive Toys. Just my op from the other side of things. Isn't that what this forum is about?
I think the op answered it as well as could be. I have seen close to 20 other posts from guys 'surprised' by almost exactly the same issues representing the other side of things. And one recently that sent a Koz in just for a spring tune up, his 'tune up' bill came in at over $300 for an esc with nothing wrong? (Maybe the company treats more important known people better than us common folk, as it seems to be one or the other?)

Admittedly these may be the best esc's on the planet. But this part is what has had me scared away. I recently passed by a Koz 160 with 20 flights on it that was sold for $400 for just this reason. I do watch how companies treat their customers as a whole since a large part of who I am is tied into market research. And yes, YGE does repair their own esc's. And if you explore the three more popular forums there isn't a single negative post about that company. Other than guys raging about HK ripping their design off with the Yep version. Which btw seems to be a valid esc, as I have been running a couple of those without any issues.

I am set to replace my scorched esc this fall with something else on my Tri 800, so I am actively looking. And no, it wasn't my esc's fault it failed. I simply pushed it way beyond its design specs with a sketchy used unit that had been down hard a number of times. And it gave up the ghost.
What is a spring tune up?? Electronics have a usable life (years) there is no maintaining them....
Old 09-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #1075 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What is a spring tune up?? Electronics have a usable life (years) there is no maintaining them....
His words, not mine. He sent it in after a season for a health check up in the thread. The result was astonishing. Anyhoo, great esc's all and all.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:29 AM   #1076 (permalink)
Registered Users

They measure the smoke pressure and inject more if necessary. Magic smoke ain't cheap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #1077 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do with your diabolo today?

Man, 1500 HS, flew 8.5 minutes drawing 3100 out of 4400 12S packs. What a riot. It's an absolute ballet.

Telemetry plain rocks.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #1078 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, things moved faster than anticipated thanks to a deal from a friend... now have some near-new Pulse 7S 4500 packs and an XNova XTS 4535-460 on the way to make the switch to 14S.

I wanted to run an XTS 4530 as I think the 4535 is going to be total overkill for how I fly... but the price was right. Might as well give it a try, can always switch to a 4530 later!
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #1079 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Spun up my Diabolo on 14S with rewound P800 on the bench. Was really smooth up to I guess at least 2,200 rpm. Then had an overdrive type sound but still looked smooth. I used the Dry Lube for gears. Can't wait to get her in the air!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #1080 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorapture View Post
Spun up my Diabolo on 14S with rewound P800 on the bench. Was really smooth up to I guess at least 2,200 rpm. Then had an overdrive type sound but still looked smooth. I used the Dry Lube for gears. Can't wait to get her in the air!
which tail pulley did it have fitted? if its the red one it would make some crazy noises.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in