Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail endpoints

I only have 6 or 8 flights on my new AR7200BX. I have it on a T-rex 450 sport V2. Today it would turn right,"tail left" with no stick input. When I landed it it was still doing it slowly. On the bench I could not get it to do it again but it seems I lost the endpoint settings. This is the second time this has happened, lost endpoint settings, not rudder drift. Any thoughts why? WS
Wind Spirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you re-bind after set-up? Could also be vibration. What mounting tape did you use?
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer56 View Post
Did you re-bind after set-up? Could also be vibration. What mounting tape did you use?
Hey, No I did not re-bind, why should I have to? I am using the 3M tape. WS
Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Hey, No I did not re-bind, why should I have to? I am using the 3M tape. WS
Hey, Well I did a re-bind but that caused me to loose ESC setting. Now I can not get the ESC to work. "Align RCE-BL35P". It does the beeps for programing, 6 beeps, not 5, it is like the TX is not going along with the program. I had this problem once before. With the Thro. stick at 0 it was not realy at 0. I went into Thro adjust and set to 125% and got it to work. This is with a Spektrum DX6i. Now that does not seem to help. It was working fine till I went to re-bind the RX. All other functions are working, just not thro. About to drive me crazy Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do? Thanks, WS
Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
Hey, Well I did a re-bind but that caused me to loose ESC setting. Now I can not get the ESC to work. "Align RCE-BL35P". It does the beeps for programing, 6 beeps, not 5, it is like the TX is not going along with the program. I had this problem once before. With the Thro. stick at 0 it was not realy at 0. I went into Thro adjust and set to 125% and got it to work. This is with a Spektrum DX6i. Now that does not seem to help. It was working fine till I went to re-bind the RX. All other functions are working, just not thro. About to drive me crazy Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do? Thanks, WS
Update, I did another re-bind. Now the ESC is working but with the wrong settings. Before it would stay in program set up mode, now I can not get it to go to set up. Something has to be different about using it with the ar7200bx. When it was FB I used a ar6115e and never had a problem setting up the ESC. One thought, is the THRO Hold, what % -10% to 100% should it be set at and should it be on or off? WS
Old 05-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can't help you with your ESC issue, other than to say it is definitely different with the AR7200BX as a result of the failsafes that they have implemented and can be very tricky to perform correctly. There are some threads and instructions knocking about on the forum about how to deal with these added difficulties of performing a throttle calibration when using the AR7200BX.

I believe some of these instructions, or a version thereof, have even made it to the Horizon website, as a result of so many people having difficulty.

As for your original issue. I suspect that if you have started to get a drift this will have nothing to do with endpoints. Lets face it, to control the tail in a hover, the gyro should be positioning you somewhere near mid slider, not near the extremes where endpoints would come into play. If a drift occurs, then I would suggest that your mid stick on your radio has moved during the flight. Either some accidental trim has been applied in a given flight mode, or perhaps you have badly centring sticks, a known issue with some Spektrum equipment, for example.

If your end points really have changed, then perhaps you might have a servo issue, a slipped cog, or a slipping servo horn, or a control rod issue, as opposed to the MB having forgotten its settings. Since these type of things could occur as a physical move whilst flying, the MB remembered, known centre, which it checks from your stick position at initialisation, may well now be different, and cause a drift. If you fly HH mode I'm surprised that it can't recalibrate, as it should still detect uncommanded rotation, and move the rudder the opposite way to compensate, but it obviously can't be good if something has moved. Of course if you fly rate mode, and the servo horn slipped, or similar, you would definitely get a drift.

Judging by the number of actual MB issues that we see, whether they be the AR7200BX, or the MBs themselves, I really would be very surprised if it were the Beast itself. Not saying it's impossible, but less likely than other such issues.

As a similar example, I thought on one of my set-ups, after a flight, it had forgotten G, or I had made a mistake when doing it. It was out after landing, but had still coped perfectly well in flight at keeping it level, as it just adjusts continuously, as necessary, until it achieves the rate you request, including 0 rate when you are in a level hover.

Anyway, since I thought it had fogotten it, I did it again, but didn't check further. Next flight, the horn slipped completely free, and I had no back elevator when pulling out at the bottom of a tail slide, with inevitable consequences. On checking, I noticed G was out again, but that everything was apparently moving as it should be. I couldn't work it out, until I tried to hold the swash still, loading it up a little, whilst moving the servos. When I did this this servo horn on the elevator just slid around with remarkable ease. After further checking I saw that it was very free to move on the spline. So much so that I was amazed that I could even have flown at all with it like that.

For quite sometime during the fault finding, before I spotted the real culprit, I was quite convinced that my MB was faulty, but as you can see it was something else entirely. Maybe this is the issue with your tail?

Just a thought.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default up-date

Got it worked out, This is how to program the Align ESC with the AR7200BX.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...l_addendum.pdf. Thanks Guys, I hope this will help others.WS
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I can't help you with your ESC issue, other than to say it is definitely different with the AR7200BX as a result of the failsafes that they have implemented and can be very tricky to perform correctly. There are some threads and instructions knocking about on the forum about how to deal with these added difficulties of performing a throttle calibration when using the AR7200BX.

Cheers

Sutty
Thanks Sutty, Check my last post, this took care of the ESC issue. I must say it was a pain in the a** because my AR7200BX while being mounted on the right side of the frame it is in a MD500G-Jive fuselage and the plugs face the rear. If it were still pod and boom it would have been easy. Anyway now I can get back to my test flights. I have only 6 or 8 flights with the FBL set-up,"it was FB" and only 2 with the new fuse.

When I reset the tail sevro endpoints I did a rebind. What I dont understand is why I lost the ESC setup when I did the rebind. Any thoughts on that? Thanks WS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in