Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail can't hold pitch pumps even with 7mm tail upgrade

Hi guys,

So I was having some issues with my stock tail holding during pitch pumps, flips, and rolls after installing the HH brushless upgrade. Thought perhaps the Xtreme 7mm Turbo Tail Motor upgrade would be a good solution. Bought it and installed it but the problem has not been resolved. In a steady hover the tail is absolutely locked. Not a single twitch or jitter whatsoever. However, the moment I start pumping the collective it starts to blow out, not into a pirouette, but bad enough for me to loose control sometimes.

Feathering shaft is appropriately tightened. The boom on the xtreme tail is solid and not cracked from what I can see and besides, I've only had it long enough to put it down softly over grass.

I thought perhaps the batteries were my problem but I have tried a few different 45C and 35C lipos (some of which are brand new) in the heli with no change in weak tail-hold flight characteristics.

I'm starting to get discouraged. I've got another Nano with the stock brushed main and tail motors installed and find it to be much more locked-in than what I've done with my brushless upgrade.

I'm tempted to give up and go back to brushed. Any thoughts?
Bioblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioblade View Post
Hi guys,

So I was having some issues with my stock tail holding during pitch pumps, flips, and rolls after installing the HH brushless upgrade. Thought perhaps the Xtreme 7mm Turbo Tail Motor upgrade would be a good solution. Bought it and installed it but the problem has not been resolved. In a steady hover the tail is absolutely locked. Not a single twitch or jitter whatsoever. However, the moment I start pumping the collective it starts to blow out, not into a pirouette, but bad enough for me to loose control sometimes.

Feathering shaft is appropriately tightened. The boom on the xtreme tail is solid and not cracked from what I can see and besides, I've only had it long enough to put it down softly over grass.

I thought perhaps the batteries were my problem but I have tried a few different 45C and 35C lipos (some of which are brand new) in the heli with no change in weak tail-hold flight characteristics.

I'm starting to get discouraged. I've got another Nano with the stock brushed main and tail motors installed and find it to be much more locked-in than what I've done with my brushless upgrade.

Mine also does this. It almost turns 90 degrees. I hope someone has an idea.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Xtreme Turbo Tail has never impressed Me...tried it twice

The Oversky 7mm motor is much better

Try reducing pitch servo travel to 65 or so adjust as needed
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

JonJet:

See that you have made some posts on the 150 boards regarding the Trex 150. How's your experiences with that machine going?

Inquiring minds want to know!
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a Nano with the HH BL, Lynx DFC head, aluminum swash, titanium main shaft, and the BLH3602 tail. I am not a heavy 3D person but what I can tell you is this setup fly's so much nicer than the stock one. A lot of it I think is based on the longer tail. Pirouettes are so much nicer and easier to perform. With the stocker, left hand piros are very difficult to perform usually ending up with the Nano skittering out of it to the left and requiring a lot of cyclic to correct. Even left hand banked turns are a problem, it is way more of a challenge to get a decent banked turn to the left out of it.

My blinged Nano fly's so much better than the stocker it's like night and day. I am almost inclined to put the longer tail on the stocker to see how it does. I don't get a lot of tail twitching on the bling, while on the stocker it is much more prevalent.

All this is using the factory settings on a DX6

Last edited by firekat; 07-08-2015 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
JonJet:

See that you have made some posts on the 150 boards regarding the Trex 150. How's your experiences with that machine going?

Inquiring minds want to know!
It went well...I got it flying pretty good...and traded it to another HF Member out on the Left Coast
Old 07-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

WARNING! THREAD DRIFT!

Thanks for the info! I'm toying with the idea of either getting a Trex 150 or a 180 CFX. Hard decision as both seem to have pluses and minuses.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
WARNING! THREAD DRIFT!

Thanks for the info! I'm toying with the idea of either getting a Trex 150 or a 180 CFX. Hard decision as both seem to have pluses and minuses.
In My opinion...anyone who chooses a Trex150 over a Blade 180CFX should be hanged until dead then killed...

Not even close...no comparison is even possible

Myself...I'm going from the 130X to the 450X...just as soon as APO can get it here from Europe
Old 07-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jeez, I guess you really like the Trex 150!

Well I don't really need to be hung. I was favoring the 180 CFX anyway.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Jeez, I guess you really like the Trex 150!

Well I don't really need to be hung. I was favoring the 180 CFX anyway.
Yeah it was a bear to figure out...seems the tail rotor was spinning on the shaft, and the stock rotors just didn't cut it very well

But I did get it to fly pretty good

I'll stick with My Blade's (really looking forward to the 450X)
Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a love/hate relationship with the tails on both my nanos (HH and mild Pjacq). Both of them have solid extend tail booms. I've adjusted pitch travel to 65% with a v throttle curve. It's the best solution I've found so far. Still though when I'm near the end of a battery I have to use less collective or the tail will blow out.
perrybd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 06:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the BLH3602L boom. The 150mm one.
Absolutely no wag. Looks cool, too.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cracked mainshaft can cause this
Hold main gear and try rotating head. If it feels springy, then it needs replaced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioblade View Post
Hi guys,

nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

vibrations. if the Heli isn't smooth in your hand then it'll never hold. also if you're using blheli code switch to gov arm mode and vcurve the tail
blue92ehsi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in