Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Good news from TWF - esmart production to resume

Look what present I got in the mail:

Dear Karen Nakamura,
Thank you very much for your email and your favorite of our products. We
will reproduce the E-smart since there are so many people like it. Now we
are adjust our product line, once this process has done we will restart to
product E-smart.
We will keep you posted.

Best regards
Sales Department
Lucy

ESKY HOBBY
Telephone:86-755-81728002-ext843; 81728009-843

Fax:86-755-29759716

E-mail:lucy@twf-sz.com

Company Address: F2,28 Building North Yongfa Industrial Park,JinXiu
Road,HeyiVillage,Shajing Town,Bao An district,ShenZhen,China.

This is all due to the hard work of nuttz!

karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey Karen...

Thanks for the info about Nutcrazes hard work...his work with Microheli will help too...I really want a couple of those cnc durlin gears !!!!

By the way what type of batteries are you running in your esmart....I started using a 5s 4600 mah thunder power battery and that seems to have enough power....but not insane power...

Also, If you are ever in the market for a 500 class heli take a good look at the
Quick of Japan EP-8 SP. It's 'all metal' contruction with high quality Japanese machining and bearings.
You can look at them here: http://www.helicopterhobbies.com. I've had mine for 3 years and it still has
90% of it's original parts. Just replaced some parts from minor crashes.
The best part about this amazingly high quality heli is it's on sale right now for $238 !
I know it's hard to believe....but true!!

Thanks...

Ty
Tyree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's fantastic news!!!

Donnie D
Donnie D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Zippy 6S 5000 mAh 15C. I haven't been flying it much since I burned out the electronics. It's all fixed but with the shortage of parts, I'm loathe to break it again.

karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well, they assured me that they are in fact going to re-release the E-Smart EK5H-004D, w00t, So now I'm gonna be on their a@@ BIG time to get the parts shortage problem fixed.
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will have my Esmart (once I finnaly get the spares to rebuild it) and a Swift 16 I have bought for my daughter...of course I will have to build it, and fly it, until she learns everything about helis....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done nuttcaze!!!
Locitur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey K...

I hear you about spare part anxiety.... ;-)
The part on the Esmart that scares me the most is the funny sized ball link thingy that connects the flybar to the head...
very strange size etc. I've horded about 6 of those...cause I know you couldn't make your own and I have never seen anything quite like it on any other heli....

Ty
Tyree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I e-mailed them also. I'm getting pretty good at circles and figure 8's, but afraid to try anything else for fear of crashing.
acam37 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locitur View Post
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will have my Esmart (once I finnaly get the spares to rebuild it) and a Swift 16 I have bought for my daughter...of course I will have to build it, and fly it, until she learns everything about helis....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done nuttcaze!!!
It's for your daughter is it ????
Same as the new HDX500SAH that arrived here a few days ago.
That one is for my grand-daughter. :-D
Guess I'll have the same problems building it then test flying it for her as well.
Life is SO hard at times isn't it ?
Flip465 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is funny this is the Email I got back from Esky
Hi friend,

We're sorry that we currently provide 2 types of the E-Smart 600 parts:
EK5-0007 and EK5-0357
You may consider another type of Helicopter or Plane.
Thank you.

Regards,
Mick
Esky-Heli Support Team
cklking is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Weird email reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by cklking View Post
This is funny this is the Email I got back from Esky
Hi friend,

We're sorry that we currently provide 2 types of the E-Smart 600 parts:
EK5-0007 and EK5-0357
You may consider another type of Helicopter or Plane.
Thank you.

Regards,
Mick
Esky-Heli Support Team

Now that email is just plain straight out weird.
Compared to the other emails some of us have received back from TWF-SZ
after emailing them to ask about re-starting their E-Smart production.
Most replies come back very similar to the email Karen received.
What address did you get that one from ???
Old 07-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:16 AM
To: Esky-Heli.com Sales Team
Subject: Message from ESky-Heli.com Store: Technical questions
Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will all this talk I still don't see any parts but the Micro Heli gear. Whats up
Align Trex 710 Stretch 3G 4035 630 CC80HV 10s
Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been watching this for over 4 months and its the same old story. One email says yes were going to resume production another says they don't have a clue what your talking. Its pretty funny (unless you own one an need parts). The whole thing got pretty heated a few months back. Theres one guy out there named "nutcraze" who swears that Esky and him are in tight but he won't share any info because its "privliged info". He's promising the world that the E Smart going back into production soon (whenever that is). Then he promised that Microheli was going to make parts fot the E Smart (weve seen how thats gone). I saw the writting on the wall and sold mine for parts a while back. I just check in from time to time about it just to see what has happened from what I've seen and read nothing.
Mike
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't know about parts shortage, I was able to get what I need from BP hobbies and helidirect lately. I know the aluminum booms are hard to come by but the CF booms are actually very rigid and has withstood 3 crashes and several hard autos without damage. I agree with rcmiket, what's to be gained from mongering romors having affiliation with a company like Esky? I have watched the drama unfold concerning a certain guy...man that was a cry for help. The micro heli gear was made-supposed to be stronger, but I still strip them like the stock ones. I was able to get some stock ones and I have not ordered anymore microheli gears. If TWF hobbies are going to resume production of parts for this heli, well and good but being hyped and trying to look somebody important is another thing. I still fly the E-smart and it has been a great help with improving my aerobatic skills and actually makes me more comfortable pushing the envelope with it. I hope this thing does not continue with the Esky 900 heli which I think is another failure on the horizon. Sorry if I have stepped on anybody with this post...just keeping it real.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Esmart 600 great beginner

Hey Yall !

I must say I am a beginner this summer, and I seem to have learn more about flying helis with the 600 esmart. a couple of hard landings and such and still flying or should I say hovering.

I am flying about 1 hundred feet and land and then hover to turn around and fly back.

that is it for now, so it's been a great heli for me.

I can not believe how scared I am just before flying. so I am great hear that parts will be available so I can fly crash buy parts I need fly again.

Next heli is a TREX 600 need about 200.00 more...

I am disable so money is tied feet hurt, but tamed I am going to FLY.

Shawnee Broken Foots
Shawnee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you are tight on money, Forget the trex 600 a crash alone will cost $100+. Look at the outrage 550, the kit is cheaper, and it is already upgraded out of the box(all CNC alloy for stress bearing parts) comes with a nice airbrushed canopy and performs insanely with just a 6cell battery. The outrage 550 also can be adjusted for beginner and up to 3D expert, so you only need 1 heli as you progress. Parts of the outrage 550 are quite inexpensive and most if it comes in pairs. I am not affiliated with outrage or anything, I was skeptical at first but when I saw this thing perform last year at a fun fly, I got one of the first ones to come out. Since then my trex 600 is just collecting dust. I also like the e- smart for a practice heli...nothing beats it for the price. Lastly, note that the trex 600 needs an 8 cell set up to fly well.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question It's a pain in the butt not knowing but what can you do ???

Which ever way it goes in the end, at this moment guess right now I've enough parts for 4 - 6 rebuilds of the ES600, not counting a few extra main gears, then that's about it unless TWF re-start the production line.
Will probably be giving the ES600 a rest most of the time from now on & flying the HDX500 - not quite as big but what can you do ?

Go for something bigger in a nitro heli of course !

Have a nice new Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50 still in it's box under the bench for the next project.Been collecting all the 'extras' for a few months and now it's about complete with everything needed to put it together and fly - engine, main blades, servos, gyro, voltage regulator, governor, in-fight mixture control, etc, etc.

Almost time to try to figure out how half of those extra bits and pieces work.

Mmmmm - now then, lets see -a dial gauge to set up the run-out on the clutch ??? To less that WHAT ???
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep...I remember the runout gauge, for the clutch bell and the fan. You have to get a bench top small vise to mount the engine securely, Remove the glow plug so the shaft rotates freely. Mount the fan and use a dial indicator to check for runout, then mount the clutch...do the same and then the clutch bell. This prevents excessive vibes. I used to fly nitro before but monkeying around with needle valve and runouts plus support equipment like starters and glow drivers is what made me switch to electric. Plus if you crash and the throttle servo got stuck to full throttle, there is nothing you can do but watch it beat itself to death until it runs out of fuel. But hey, have fun putting that thing together.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking Such fun it will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damyxz View Post
Yep...I remember the runout gauge, for the clutch bell and the fan. You have to get a bench top small vise to mount the engine securely, Remove the glow plug so the shaft rotates freely. Mount the fan and use a dial indicator to check for runout, then mount the clutch...do the same and then the clutch bell. This prevents excessive vibes. I used to fly nitro before but monkeying around with needle valve and runouts plus support equipment like starters and glow drivers is what made me switch to electric. Plus if you crash and the throttle servo got stuck to full throttle, there is nothing you can do but watch it beat itself to death until it runs out of fuel. But hey, have fun putting that thing together.

Oh the joy of it all !

Used to think building scale planks was bad enough, getting things to work in sequence, hiding bits that gave away the 'model' look,
- now more tinkering around with other things while building, and back to wiping oil off everything after a day of flying,
or in my case 'arriving' and re-kitting.

"Love the smell of NITRO on the morning breeze, - - - - - - "

"Yes doctor, I'll come along quietly."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in