Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX7 G2 with governor

I bought a new dx7 and so far i love it. Definitely an upgrade from my old dx7s. I have a question though. I fly a older nitro heli that i dont have a governor on. But my father has a nitro heli with the futaba gy611 gyro/governor. I might be setting it up on my radio since he is still on 72mhz and wants to fly again. Im a little concerned with interference, so i would like to switch him to 2.4.

Is there any guides on how to set up the governor on this radio? Is it basically like setting the gyro gains? Ive never setup a governor before besides on my electric heli's and those just are on the esc then a flat throttle curve.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2015, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gy611 is a gyro. Afaik it doesnt have a gov function. the ones I used didnt.
To answer your question a gov sets up pretty much like a gyro.It has a sensing lead plugged into its own channel and you adjust values in gov menu based on a switch position,FModes etc.
When you get to working on it ask more specific questions if you dont understand something specific.
If your looking for a setup quide you might look around youtube or do some searches. Its kind of an older unit but Im sure there is a setup thread somewhere here on HF if you search.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maybe its the 701 then. I cant recall at the moment. Its at least 12 years old so... haha

I will definitively look on youtube for some setup guides.

EDIT: No that i think about it, i think its the gy601 gyro and a gv-1 governor. And that makes a little more sense for the age of the heli
Old 07-31-2015, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

601 and gv1. That sounds more like it. I ran that combination.Fairly dated but yeah that stuff worked good. The gv1 is pretty simple to setup but all the steps can be confusing at first. Go step by step from the manual. Pay close attention to how your going to setup the failsafe. Ask questions about specific details when you get to them if your not understanding something once you get into it.
HELIFREAK !!!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So if im just swapping out the receiver, i still need to set it up again? His heli is set up and all, i just wanted to swap receivers so it can be 2.4. I know ill need to set the endpoints for the servos and all, but i would have thought the gyro and governor setting would stick the same
Old 07-31-2015, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the most part thats probably true. You still want to run through every step and confirm what you have and why. You also want to reconfirm that the way it is setup now is going to maintain adequate voltage for the 2.4 system. Dont make assumptions.Check and recheck everything. Same as you would for an initial setup.
HELIFREAK !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in