Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250 pro dfc tail gain

Ive recently made some changes to my 250s tail in which I changed out the plastic pitch arm (it started out as a 250 plus) and put in the metal one. I also put a kst215mg and a c.f. tail push rod w no guides and did the double bearing mod to tighten up the grips. Everything is smooth, no binding, servo horn is around the 5 mm mark. Ive currently have my gain at 28 and still get a lil bit of small short wag durring hard turns and pitch changes. Is anyone else have a gain this low? With the plastic tail pitch arm I could get my tail up to 42 without any negitive side affects. Its crazy windy out today and its holding the tail very well in cross winds with little to no sway. Also holds very well in backwards flight and forward flight. My concern is having to go lower. Ive got a talon 25 esc w gov set up. Gain I believe I have at 12. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could do to fix this? Or is a gain this low ok with it holding well? How about gov gain? Is this too much for a 250?

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2015, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's no set value for gain, the correct figure is whatever works on your model.

There are many factors that influence the mechanical gain you have, and any change to that will require an adjustment to the electronic gain in your FBL. A servo or servo horn change in particular can be expected to have an effect.

If its flying well and you're happy with the performance, that's all you need :-)
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2015, 01:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yah, I just didnt think mt gain would change that much since all I did is change out the plastic tail pitch assembly for the metal once. The tail slides very smoothly and ive checked for any possibly binding but no luck. Could my gov gain being too high in the talon cause this?

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 10-03-2015, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gov gain can cause tail wag or chatter. The ideal approach is to disable the governor while you tune the tail and get it performing as well as you can, and then re-enable the governor after and tune the gain there.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tail wag can come directly from the FBL. The small helis like the 250 are much more exposed to vibrations. If necessary use a double pad to make your FBL vibration free.

On the BX you also can lower Parameter D (parameter menu) which helps a lot at the beginning.

I would not recommend to use a transmitter gyro below 20% or even 25% ( on a scale of -100 to +100).

Sven
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well for now its holding very well at 27%. Until I can find a drill bit thats small enough to make a smaller hole for the ball link servo horn itll have to do.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
Old 10-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyon187 View Post
Well for now its holding very well at 27%. Until I can find a drill bit thats small enough to make a smaller hole for the ball link servo horn itll have to do.
If you have plastic servo horns, all you have to do is heat up a pin or small nail with a lighter and push it through the servo horn wherever you want the new hole.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in