Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to set servo travel in mixer tab.

hey,

How to set servo travel in mixer tab.

I have to mount the pitch gauge on the blades and put my throttle stick in lower position.

And then move aileron stick to see the angle of attack or put the throttle stick in centre position and move the aileron stick to see the angle of attack or in full throttle position?

how to set elevator travel?

thanks
jangee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your pitch setting should be at zero which is usually mid-stick. I set my pitch curve to this for setting the limits in the Mixer tab

0 50 50 50 100

This gives a broad range of zero pitch in the middle and still gives both ends for setting collective.

For aileron limit, put the left stick near the middle, put the blades along the boom, and adjust. Make sure your TX Aileron Rates are set to 100. Usually you adjust for 9 to 10 degrees.

For elevator, you can put the blades 90 degree to the boom and adjust the bar. But you can also just set it to be equal to the aileron setting.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Okay I will do that.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

One more question if put my servo travel of aileron on 47 it gives me 9.5 degree angle.
I am setting 450 pro.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Below 65 is not recommended. Can I do that. Will it effect my stabilization.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It just means you are using less than a more ideal range of servo travel. Fewer servo steps across the range. It should work fine but if possible move the servo ball further in at the servo or out at the swash.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I will try that if possible.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jangee has a point.
I have a 3SX in a 550x and if I give full negative pitch AND full back elevator AND full aileron the ball link fouls the servo case. To eliminate this, I would have to reduce my collective range from 12Deg and/or my cyclic from 10Deg.

As you can see these are not extreme settings and I will end up with a less-capable machine if I did so. I am relying on the fact that the likelihood of this combination is very low given my big sky sports style of flying. Still, a less than comfortable position to be in; there remains a risk (slight) of a brown-out through servo stall.

I have an Eagle Tree stabilizer (gyro) in one of by gliders and it allows you to set servo end points to eliminate the risks. That way the gyro can give the full deflections you ask for without over-driving any of the servos. If the DB software had the same facility I could have all my ranges without risk of binding.

Any chance Captron?
Ted
HeliWobbles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I actually have this same situation with my Align 700L. The ball links on the two side servos can hit the servo case on full negative pitch combined with full diagonal right stick. I posted about this here.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=647000

The 700L has two positions where the upper Pitch links attach to the blade grips. witching to the out hole helps as this gives more cyclic compared to pitch. I worried about it for a while but I rarely hold full negative collective so it is probably a moot point.

Last year there were some posts about setting the desired deflections without regard to servo binding at the extremes.

It is not really a 3SX issue. It is a head design and geometry issue. Direct to swash servo schemes are more prone to this I think.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are right; it is not the problem of the FBL unit; however it is almost the only practical solution to what must be a common problem.

In the same way of thinking, bailout is not a FBL problem but a pilot problem. However Captron has been able to provide a solution and therefore been a major selling point.

I say almost because I seem to remember the Hitec made programmable servos and this may have been one of the parameters that could be set. A special card had to be bought to program them. Other brands may have the same function but I don't know. My kit came with Spektrum servos.

Ted
HeliWobbles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using 45 in servo travel for aileron and 47 on collective pitch which is below the recommended settings.

Yesterday took test flight and it was flying as I wanted.

I tested rescue mode while ESC was disconnected. When i put it rescue mode it gives me 9.7 or 9.8 degree of pitch.

If my throttle stick is at full it is giving me 12 degree.
As I press the rescue mode on it comes back to 9.7 or 9.8 degree.

If my throttle stick is full down and blades are in negative pitch if I goes into rescue mode it gives me positive pitch if 6 degree I want my rescue mode is working fine.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangee View Post
If my throttle stick is full down and blades are in negative pitch if I goes into rescue mode it gives me positive pitch if 6 degree I want my rescue mode is working fine.
sorry was that a question? If you were trying to test inverted rescue on the bench, you can't really do that. People have tried holding the heli upside down and testing Rescue. It does not always give the expected negative pitch. However, if you set the whole thing up correctly and did not switch a TX reverse after leaving the Diagnose tab, it will work in flight.

It is always a good idea to test Rescue both upright and inverted. Go way up high and test. If Rescue in one direction is faster than the other, you might need to adjust the pitch links 1 or 2 turns.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried today holding my heli in my hands while inverted and put my throttle stick in middle and put my idleup and tested the rescue mode.
It gives me positive pitch, it should be giving me negative pitch.

I think my rescue mode is not working properly while it is in inverted.

What can do to make rescue mode correct.

Kindly help.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had flows the sticky videos on the forum and I did not reverse my tx. Then why it is giving me the wrong rescue in inverted.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

As stated above, you can't just flip the heli upside down and try rescue mode... It won't respond correctly in a "test" like that, and this was proven to me a couple of weeks ago by a BD rep (Joe if you are reading this, thanks again for the help at Heli Extravaganza!)

In a nutshell, he demonstrated that the BD needed to see input commands to cause the inverted attitude first, then it would initiate the proper rescue (negative pitch).

In other words, we first tested it like you are, and it didn't work correctly - it initiated a positive pitch response when inverted.

We then flipped the heli upright, powered it down, and back up again. This time, he was holding the heli, and I gave it Nose Down input to "command" a front flip while he rotated the heli in the same manner. When it was inverted, I went back to center stick and initiated Rescue mode... And the BD responded correctly with negative pitch.

I just tried mine again (which works perfectly) by flipping it upside down as you are (no stick input), and it responds incorrectly.

Again, if your setup is correct, the BD will respond correctly. Take it up high and *briefly* try it in all attitudes.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks man that was great help I will do that.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a crash I will post video soon.

When I crashed self level was off and I did no use the rescue.

Helli went in to the ground I have broken the main shaft and swash plate ball linkage.

I tried to shelf level on to save the heli when he was going down but heli did not listen to it.

I think it is something to do with my angel of attack.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://vimeo.com/m/108162442
Old 10-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think something mechanical broke while it was flying.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not repaired my heli yet nothing was broke mechanically while it was flying i am very much sure of it.

This is my 3rd crash and I have video of 2.
The video I uploaded above is third one.
I have posted the previous crash video already in this forum subject is (self level and crash).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in