Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default I'm back!

...with a trio... brand new flys excellent but under heavy pitch maneuvers the tail blows out and will usually do at least a 180. Any ideas? Could it be when I'm flying I'm just bogging the head speed to much with sloppy pitch intensive maneuvers?
FamousGTR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can either adjust the third pot on the rx which alters the tail characteristics, or do something with the gain settings for a start. (like maybe increase from 40 to 45 in IU2). Does it do it with a fresh battery and low or high head speeds?
crsorrell0653 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes- fresh or almost at the end of the battery is the same. I'll try the gain adjustment and report back. What's the difference between the gain adjustment on the FBL vs adjusting gain on the tx?
FamousGTR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 01:57 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the tail only becomes unstable if pushed very hard it sounds like it is lacking enough power but working fine in general. I would do the following checks:

1. Check tail servo endpoint setting in the FBL to make sure the tail servo allows enough tail pitch. Move rudder stick left and right and check the tail pitch slider should almost fully move on the tail shaft from tail case to blade grips (without touching the mechanical endpoint limits both, on the tail shaft but also at the servo horn). The critical side for your problem is the movement of the slider to the case (to the left when looking from behind, not to the grips). This should translate into a tail pitch angle of > 30 degrees. If adjustments are required, this is very easy and you find instructions in the AR7210BX manual available online.

2. If everything looks fine in step 1, increase gyro gain in your TX. Increasing gain lets the servo do larger movements when the gyro detects an unwanted turn along the vertical axis. If gain is set too high, the heli oscillates, so be careful. I believe the Trio has flight mode specific tail gain settings, so make sure you align your adjustments with your flight mode when testing. You find more information on adjusting gyro settings in the Trio manual, rather at the end, in the trouble shooting section.

3. You might have a bad tail servo, lacking power and/or speed under heavy load but operating ok under light load (rather unlikely). If step 1 and 2 do not help, consider this.

4. The poti 3 on your AR7210BX (tail dynamics) has very little impact on your problem as it primarily determines how aggressive your tail stops but not how stable it holds in hard 3D or after pitch pumps

Hope it helps!
Old 04-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blew out tail came that close to saving it , but couldn't do it and crashed. What I did notice was I like flying this heli at 14 degrees pitch. I have a KST 215 v3 on tail. I was coming in toward me nose in inverted then going to raise the nose , punch out and spin tail twice while going up. Tail blew into the first spin. I turned the pitch down to 12.5 . Heli flies good no problems so far. Have kbdd 65mm plastics on tail.
eightyduece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

For this size heli I would look to something better suited, like a dedicated tail servo. There are many choices out there but a bit more expensive than a KST 215. I chose to put a mini-sized servo on my 360 and use the KST 565. It is incredible. I believe the stock mount supports a mini mount. I put a Lynx mount on mine.

Not a requirement for sure, but nothing you will regret either.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good call will give a dedicated tail servo a try, thanks
Old 04-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered a BK 3005hv , Amain has 5 bucks off anything over 50 bucks. Probably should have done this awhile ago.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just installed a DS520 I had laying around from a retired T500 mostly due to tail blowout on a Kt 215 on hard collective moves and fast hurricanes. Seems much better, more weight so I increased the hs some. Will really wring it out tomorrow and see if I can get it to blow out.
BladeScraperz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in