Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Copilot Woes......calling all copilot gods....added new video

dear howard, i purchase this copilot a little while ago, and i installed it on my raptor 30, i could not get it to program it, so i sent it to you for repairs, and you said i hooked something up backwards.....so OK....i will take that, im a noob, might have done something wrong, so i got it back, read every forum, all instructions and by the way, there are differences in helicopters...(swash layout), but anyways, ive had other projects going on, so it went on a shelf...( i know i should have try it first), but again i said ok cold today, lets get out the copilot and raptor 30, wire ties foam...Bla...Bla..screen , video camera...make a install vid....so everything i did is on tape....step by step.....and wha-la....same problem, here is a short clip of the problem
im mad, caz i thought it was my fault.....BUT!, now in in the same spot where i was when i bought it......there is not much on this thing on the net, as for videos, alot of different ways on the forums, and a few guys that override directions and have a quick version......but im not happy today......i need help with this, ive done everything that everyone said.....and still,
FMA copilot woes (4 min 30 sec)
]

Last edited by cruzroy; 01-23-2012 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: 2nd vid
cruzroy is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If your mad and would like to sell it, I Will buy. Please let me know.
Duff is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Read the instructions, it says to have the programmer back atleast 2 feet or more to avoid Swamping effect, (to much signal from the programmer to the IR Detector). It looks like you are too close to the IR Detector in your video. (Instruction document, Page #8, Using the Programmer, Bottom Left, last sentence, continued on Top Right, first sentence)

best of luck
Rob357 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default nah....

i can be in my nieghbors yard, and it dont work........i was close to show on camera what it was saying.....but for sh^%s and giggles i tried it again @ 2' away.(measured it with a tape)...hey guess what, still did not get to pick a task screen.
and dont offer to "Buy it"...if you know what the problem is ...Tell ME...
Old 01-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok lets take this one piece at a time.

What is flashing on the boom block when you power up?

Make life simple,

Disconnect everything, install the IR router, main and vertical sensors directly (without extensions) to the avionic computer and see if the system will function.

If it does then you have a problem within the remaining wiring on the helicopter.

If Howard said the system functions correctly, you can bet the farm it functions

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

if i disconnect every thing.....how do i get power???????

i will cut of the ton of wire ties and cut off all the shrink wrap, and connect just the copilot components, the blinking light is the gy401 gyro........my extensions are all brand new, but we will see.......i will post when i got it ready
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont know what the issue is, the idea is if you decide its not worth the hastle I am interested in picking up another.
Duff is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You seem to ending up in the middle of the preflight menu - Voltage - No brownouts etc. As if you've already hit enter 3 times.

I wonder if that programmer is not the problem here. I don't suppose that you have access to another programmer or the FUIM3 thingy to check?
Adventurer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Last edited by Adventurer; 01-23-2012 at 01:43 AM.. Reason: Double post due to server error
Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzroy View Post
if i disconnect every thing.....how do i get power???????

i will cut of the ton of wire ties and cut off all the shrink wrap, and connect just the copilot components, the blinking light is the gy401 gyro........my extensions are all brand new, but we will see.......i will post when i got it ready
Remove the sensors and IRnet from the rear of the helicopter and plug them in directly.
Either plug in a Rx battery pack to the avionic computer or run a single line out of your Rx to avionic computer to power the CPII.

How are you delivering power to your electronics? BEC? Regulator?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

when i sent it to howard the first time.....i dont know if he used my programer, caz i took the batteries out for shipping, i kept thinking it was that but howard said i put 1 or more plugs...upside down, and blew something.....and i know it has very small print on the rx that says neg towards label, but the first time i swear i did not do it wrong, and this time i know i did not wire it wrong.....1 wire at a time, labeled every thing tie up nice...5 hrs....the turn it on and same as before i sent it!, i have to wait for howard to email me back, but i too think its my programmer, but if he used mine during repair...then its junk i quess, i got a flymentor to work but they dont work on nitros...ill put her back on the shelf again.......
Old 01-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"How are you delivering power to your electronics? BEC? Regulator?"
all my birds have align 2 in 1, or ice regulators
the bird with the cp11 has align 2 in 1
Old 01-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Remove the sensors and IRnet from the rear of the helicopter and plug them in directly.
Either plug in a Rx battery pack to the avionic computer or run a single line out of your Rx to avionic computer to power the CPII.

How are you delivering power to your electronics? BEC? Regulator?

What is the best voltage for the cp2?????????
Old 01-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzroy View Post
What is the best voltage for the cp2?????????
Manual says 3.5 - 9V. I run it at 5V on my 450 and at 6V on my 550.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well im at 5.8v, so thats ok
Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The other thing that I ws curious about is what happens if you hit <Back> repeatedly? On mine it backs it way out of the menus one step at a time till it says preflight at the top. If you could get there, then you should be able to use the arrow keys to get to the Quick Setup menu.

Sorry I just took a look at your channel, at see that you've got other co-pilots, so I guess you've tried and eliminated all this already.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With those extensions and added hardware you may be over driving your regulator

Old 01-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No i have a flymentor.......but those dont work on nitro helis.....so i do know how they are supposed to work.....but this cp2 is killing me...........

[/QUOTE]Sorry I just took a look at your channel, at see that you've got other co-pilots, so I guess you've tried and eliminated all this already.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

cruzroy,
Watching your video, that is exactly what I get when the IR programmer and the IR router are not seeing each other.

Try this:
After you power you heli and the CP2, before you activate the IR programmer, make sure these are aligned and directly facing each other (ie: not in any angle). Then power your IR programmer (by pressing enter).

Another way, if both CP2 and IR programmer are already powered, press DEC+ENTER while the CP2 and IR programmer are properly facing each other. If it doesn't help, Try it in slight different angles, up-down, side-to-side. Sometimes the IR beams do not seems to hit the other end.

Hope that helps.
Rico.

BTW, when I say facing each other, I meant that the side of the IR programmer with the IR diodes should be facing the IR diodes of the IR router. I also noticed in your video that when you demonstrated that you hit ENTER in the IR programmer, you had it almost facing away from the IR router.

When you try to activate/reset the IR programmer, try to always point the face with the IR diodes towards the IR router in the Heli and find which angle gets them going.
ricoalonso is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Okay ...........per request ...removed CP2 from heli

you can watch it live.........still the same.........need help
CP2 install woes part 2

FMA Coplilot woes part2 (4 min 30 sec)
]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in