Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How do I setup redundant power?

I'm looking to setup a redundant power system in my heli so in case of a main power failure I still have servo control. I know it's been done but I don't know how. I've picked up a couple of these little guys:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=28248

I'm figuring that and a small LiFe battery maybe like this one:

http://www.motionrc.com/tactic-anyli...FQ_ZQgod1TMAnA

could do the job. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Advice is appreciated here.
Gahawn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/scorpion-backup-guard/

good quality option
cabeng is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it depends on what heli you are flying. I have a T600E Pro and I use a CC BEC Pro with a 3s lipo. The BEC Pro has 2 outputs and with a 3s if a cell goes I still have enough power to run my electronics.

Just a thought

Les
MolokaiBoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scorpion backupgurad is a was5e of money..vbar have made a test and showed scorpion guard to be insificient.. problem is that and this all depends on which heli you flying but for bigger helis and thats where you would like redundancy, that tye main battery wouod prob. Not be powering your servos and that you wo u ld have a dedicated rx pack for that. I also been looking into redundancy but only for the brownout issues as a littke backup juice. You can say have a 2 cell lipo powering your rx and servos and connect a 6 cell nimh battery to the fbl unit..(and please correct me 9if im wrong) or if tou powering your rx and servos from bec say at 5v then you can connect a 4 cell nimh battwry to fbl for redundancy. The idea is that you want to connect same amou t of voltage in your redudndancy as the amount of voltage you feeding your rx and servos. This way if you say feeding your rx and servos 6v then for redudnacy you would choose a 5 cell nimh which gives you also 6v when fully charged. Then you would charge the nimh half way (not fully) and let your rx pack or bec to top the nimh off. The system will find its eaulibrium and you can forget about that nimh and never worry about charging it. Your rx pack will do it. Also either connect a switch to that nimh to shit it off whwn not uaing or disconnect from fbl so it wouodnt diacharge..pretty simple

StokemG2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scorpion backup save my 700 gasser once.
The main battery got disconnected while flying.
I am using Futaba, and no brown out issue
whiskey29 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in