Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best way to mount bearings in the bladeholder?

Hi!

I have tryied to put new bearings into My bladeholders but i can't get it to the bottom of it?I have heat up the blade holder and then tryied to Puch the bearing but It's to tight to get it to the bottom.So i tryied to hit carfuly at the bearing But ofcourse it gets broken.

So guys what is the best way to do it?

Daniel.
kanglou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a 1/2 ton arbor press. Check out sears, amazon, or harbor freight for pricing. It will cost you around $60-$80.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just did a full radial bearing change on my grips just the other day. Here's what I did:

1) Bake in oven at ~ 225 for about 10 min
2) Used allen driver going in from the blade side of the grip and a hammer to punch out the bearing on the head-side of the grip. I used a small table vise to hold the grip just up to the groove from the head side (http://www.harborfreight.com/2-3-4-q...vise-3311.html).
3) Once the head side bearing is out, now you're clear to go in from there and poke out the blade side bearing, also with a hammer. No need for the vise here since you can just stand the blade side of the grip on something hard and the bearing should drop out when you hit it from the head side or at least move enough to get your driver in there and pry it out.

I'm sure there are other ways but this was how I did it. The blade-side bearing on one grip was being stubborn so I baked it again for a few more minutes to give me a better chance of hitting it out. Just be careful with any metal-to-metal strikes and make sure you have solid contact with the bearing edge before you hit them or you'll be scratching up those pretty aluminum grips.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

fsusmithc2, i think the OP was asking how to put new ones in, not how to take the old ones out.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh well in that case, from the grip side I just got the bearing set and used a small table vise to get it the rest of the way. Bearing from the blade side you just poke in and if it doesn't go all the way, tightening the bolts down should do the rest.

Mine went in fairly easily. Getting them out was the tricky part so that's what I thought the OP was talking about. My mistake!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in