Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servo not going "up"

I've been searching around the forums looking for a similar problem, but am having no luck. I recently replaced the frame on my Msr-x, and after putting everything back together, the left servo arm no longer goes up(right cyclic). I can freely move the gear up and down, and when the battery is plugged in, I can give it a left, and the arm goes down. I have taken the bracket off and cleaned the contacts, and added a tiny bit of oil to make sure the gear can freely move.

Has anyone else had the same problem, or have any suggestions? the bird flew fine last night, and now all of a sudden does not

Thanks!
dennysnight is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check carefully to see if the gear is binding against the frame. That was the issue I discovered when it happened to me. I took it apart again and added an o-ring.
Jonsgoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The wiper has probably came off the spindle inside the servo, remove screws and carefully line up the spindle and wiper then press them back together. Have had this issue myself once, servo still working good to this day.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i took the heli apart again this morning to see if there was anything blocking or catching anything. it all looks good. if i take the motor out of the left housing and plug in the battery, it spins freely. Can the contacts on the board wearout? it seems like its not getting good input when i slowly move the stick left and seems to jump to a spot instead of nicely moving down the gear(compared to the other servo)
Old 04-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default update

after looking at pictures of the control unit online, i'm 99% sure a very small piece broke off the board, near the whole the frame goes through

guess i need a new board! thanks for the quick responses.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post a pic for reference.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, a pic would really help. If it is just the tip of one corner it might be okay.

Did you inspect the gears very closely? One grain of sand or any imperfection whatsoever can mess with these servos and cause them to hang up.
02stampede is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default post a pic

as soon as i can, I'll post a pic. i'm not sure how it broke off, but was most likely when I was replacing the frame. the frame post that goes thru the board was broken, and it was glued in there. So even though I don't remember doing it, i probably slipped and knocked it off.

On a side note, this was my 2nd heli(1st was a no name coaxial), and I was pretty much learning on this bird. I was using the stock TX. would it be worth just replacing the 4n1, or getting a new BNF msrx, with the DX6i, or maybe just going with a mCPx? i am by no means a great flyer, and this bird was extremely durable. i was just getting into turns with the mSRx but hard to practice in a normal sized apartment bedroom/living room. I am also gonna take a stab and say I need a fight sim, but not sure what would be the best for the Blade helis.

thanks again for everyones help!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the area where the servo motor drive electronics is. Closest to the hole is a smd resistor (really really small, not sure if it has 2mm in leght), near one of the "6-legged black small thingie" (dual mosfet transistor).

You can keep both servo's as spares or somebody familiar with precision soldering can repair the board.
danb1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in