Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RDS8000 3G Align V3 or V2.1 Nothing Happens!!!

I need help here setting up the Align 3G FBL unit and the Airtronics RDS8000. Got a HobbyKing 450 TT FBL heli, 3 Savox servos , CC 50 ESC, Aling D520 Rudder. ( I had this 3G in my Trex 700N - but upgraded to BeastX so I know the 3G unit works fine ( the Trex 700n has a JR9503 radio). I have set up all the servos exactly as the manual says, upgraded with a Y cable to Ver.3. and has also try this with V2.1.
Now the problem is NO movements happens after I power the Heli while holding Set in the 3G unit. The lights cycles in the Unit and the first light and the top light lights up Green ready to set up the DIR- so the DIR light is Green steady as it should be to start setting up the swash. I have the motor disconnected. When I move the collective/Throttle up or down nothing happens on the servos-no movements. The RDS8000 is set up for NORMAL for Swash, all trims, centers, EPA reset to normal. Have bind several times to make sure that is not the issue. Any suggestions !!! last note, without the 3G unit all 4 servos move, of course cannot fly it like that since FBL head. Welcome any other troubleshooting suggestions.

egl1965 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3G is a pass through type of FBL unit. Setting the model up in normal mode won't get it.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

to get the 3g unit to work you will have to choose the swash type the heli has in your radio. then it should work.
iceman320 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I changed the swash type to Normal and it seems to work now, except the Pitch. Its connected to channel 6 . So, now when I move the aileron left to right the airleron servo moves but not the pitch servo, it stays still. The airleron moves. I dont get it, could it be not compatible with the receiver? I have the motor disconnected and I give throttle up and down and the pitch servo moves and the elev.servo but not the Aileron. It does swash correction when tilted left to right front and back , ect when tilt left to have the pitch to make counter correction, the servo doesnt moves, only the Aileron and Elev. Any suggestions here. I may end up bying a JR9503 receiver if I cannot figure out with the Airtronics RDS8000 radio and receiver. Will appreciate any last suggestions.
egl1965 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My advice is to first bypass the 3GX and plug in the servos direct to the receiver. Set up your swash settings so the servos work correctly, just as if you were going to use a flybar. Once you do that, you should be able to get the 3GX set up and working.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egl1965 View Post
I changed the swash type to Normal and it seems to work now, except the Pitch. Its connected to channel 6 . So, now when I move the aileron left to right the airleron servo moves but not the pitch servo, it stays still. The airleron moves. I dont get it, could it be not compatible with the receiver? I have the motor disconnected and I give throttle up and down and the pitch servo moves and the elev.servo but not the Aileron. It does swash correction when tilted left to right front and back , ect when tilt left to have the pitch to make counter correction, the servo doesnt moves, only the Aileron and Elev. Any suggestions here. I may end up bying a JR9503 receiver if I cannot figure out with the Airtronics RDS8000 radio and receiver. Will appreciate any last suggestions.
You're making this too hard. The setup for this type of heli is going to be CP3B if the single ball is in the back of the swashplate on the tail side of the model. You have to make sure that the servos are connected per the manual. If they aren't the setup won't work.. Look carefully at the instructions in the RDS8000 manual and you will see how it is supposed to be connected. Once you get the servos installed correctly, connect the 3G. I know this radio works because I have used them with the 3G.

TM
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in