Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logging

I've noticed several people writing about how many flights on a particular heli or particular batteries.

How do you keep track of these? Do you number your batteries? If so, do you have a system for assigning numbers? Is there "an app for that"?

I'd be interested in any ideas about logging or other record-keeping.
marinr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hi

I # the batteries. And the helicopters as I have 2 MCPXs.

A is oldest batteries I have 1, 2, 3, 4, A 1, 2,3,4 no longer fly
B is newer batteries 1, 2, 3, 4, B 3 and 4 no longer fly
C is newer still 1,2,3,4 All still quite new and fly well.

Then jot down anything pertinent at the end of the flight.
What I practiced indoors or out. Crashes or problems. Rain or shine wind conditions.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a database for HanDBase which I use on my Android phone. I keep track of helis, flights, parts lists, repairs and adjustments, crashes, etc. Never thought about adding battery info but that's a great idea.
dave21740 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a small note pad that I log my flights in (I have 2 mCPxs) and also how many flights each battery has. I numbered my batteries so I could differentiate then.
cygnar23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinr View Post
I've noticed several people writing about how many flights on a particular heli or particular batteries.

How do you keep track of these? Do you number your batteries? If so, do you have a system for assigning numbers? Is there "an app for that"?

I'd be interested in any ideas about logging or other record-keeping.
I number my batteries, and use them in rotation.

Havent started logging flights yet, but am gonna start. I have the memory of a fruit fly when it comes to detail, etc.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use the rcFlightbook iPhone app although I have a couple of other apps... and all seem to have same functionality.

The DX8 transmitter's timer is activated by throttle, so its really easy to keep track of flight times. Some of the apps have pick-lists fields for multiple airplanes/helis, and batteries. When recharging batteries, you can log how much you put back in the battery if your charger provides the info. Battery care and culling is a part the hobby

Mostly I use time entering the info as a brain break after a flight and to think about what I want to work on next
Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I log all my flying sessions in an Excel spreadsheet. Date, number of flights and comments. I only note which batteries I used (they are all numbered) if they do not last as long as expected. The comments include the location, weather (particularly wind conditions), major incidents/breakages, new things tried and my general thoughts on how the session went. I have 10 batteries and use them at random to even out the wear so I can only estimate how many flights I have made with each.

I use the same log to note upgrades, changes made and general wear and tear including servo cleaning. I did wonder about logging which batteries were used in a session but I found it a chore. I have some new batteries on the way and will try to log their flights accurately.

What amazes me is just how long my V2 has flown. Initially I thought that 4 minutes was not long for a flight but it adds up when you have done 200 of them. 800 minutes is 13 hours !
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the comments so far; I hope there will be more.

I started out with airplanes, and quickly found there are a multiplicity of sizes and shapes. (grrrrr!) But I have several kinds of airplanes and only two kinds of helis (mSR and MCPX).

I'm thinking about a numbering system to distinguish the different numbers of cells and different form factors.

Since I haven't done anything yet, I can start everything from scratch.

And now that I can hover nose-out, I can start my log with fewer crashes than successful flights.

I hope.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave21740 View Post
I have a database for HanDBase which I use on my Android phone. I keep track of helis, flights, parts lists, repairs and adjustments, crashes, etc. Never thought about adding battery info but that's a great idea.
I had HanDBase for my Palm TX. I didn't know there is an Android version; it sounds perfect for tracking whatever needs tracking.

Would you be willing to share your database scheme?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the Mcpx i justttnumbered he batteries and try tofly them in order to share the flights out.
I also note down the number of any supect packs but so far theyare all ok

On my larger helis I stick a sticker on the battery and mark each flight off with a pen (like a prisoner would on the wall of his cell)
Then I can track how many cycles each battery has done.
Holst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The database has some issues because I'm trying to implement something that doesn't seem to fit into HanDBase well. I'm going to share it on the HanDBase web site at some point, but if you don't mind a few quirks, I'd be glad to send the files to you or upload them and give you the link. One thing the Android version doesn't have that I used a lot on my TX is the ability to create forms. So the user interface is bare bones, but it's functional. One thing about the Android version... If you follow more than four links between different databases, the program crashes. I've got links all over the place so you can go from one database to another (there are 9 so far), and I've crashed it a few times, but in practice it isn't that big a deal. The HanDBase people really need to fix that one! When I get home tonight I'll upload it and post a link for you.
dave21740 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

For everything RC I use "RCLogbook" on the iPhone. It's $5, I think, but is awesome...especially for heli's and keeping track of batteries and their cycles. Also has a feature for maintenance reminders every so often (user programmable). Couldn't recommend it more. One other nice feature is it has a backup database stored online in case the phone gets lost, stolen, upgraded, etc.
JR 11X DSM2
BladeSlap912 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in