Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default extreme vrs transmitter mode?

What would extreme setting be if I was to set the heli to fly the same in transmitter mode? Am I better off using transmitter mode or is extreme good for fast 3d flights? I'm familiar with skookum and vbar setting. My first ar7200bx.so not too sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its entirely personal preference, but I think the vast majority on here would suggest using transmitter mode, as it allows you complete tuning freedom via d/r, endpoints, expo, etc. If you are already familiar with SK and vbar, then I feel there's little point in trying the pre-programmed modes other than to experiment to see how they feel.

Again, it's personal preference, but to me, the default BX settings are very slow, so I have mine cranked way up via endpoints, etc, and she's definitely snappy
Old 07-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default settings

Ok. I'm using the ar7200 on a chase 360. If I use transmitter mode should I start with 100% all around? Aileron and elevator roll speed is by increasing travel % ,right? Increasing rudder affect piro speed? What would increasing pitch do?
Old 07-30-2015, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, start with 100% all around to get a feel for it, then you can tune to your liking via d/r and/or endpoints. Endpoints are a global setting and affect all modes, whereas d/r are switchable at will.

I use a combination of both, but as a reference my endpoints are 122 ail/elev on 100% d/r; you'll find it starts to wake up around 110 endpoints.

Yes, increasing rudder endpoints effects piro speed, but I'd leave pitch alone... You can enable pitch boost in the parameter menu if you want more pop.

Take it slow and experiment with what works best...baby steps...it *will* get faster for you.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried expert yet . im using the one before i think is pro and works well on the 550. I will probably try expert soon . I ll let you know
carlytorres is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im using the extreme mode, but upped the cyclic and tail endpoints by 10. I really like the way it feels, but might switch to transmitter to just try it out.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just for clarification, what do you guys mean by endpoints? In Tx mode the only parameters I adjusted are DR's and expos... What will endpoints do?
Old 08-27-2015, 05:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default extreme vrs transmitter mode?

Heya Andoy,
Endpoint adjustment..It just sets how far said servo will travel. If you go from 100% to 110% you will get more throw. You can pick up an extra 1-2 degrees of pitch for example....You can have binding problems if you set it too high.
gunner007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2015, 07:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner007 View Post
Heya Andoy,
Endpoint adjustment..It just sets how far said servo will travel. If you go from 100% to 110% you will get more throw. You can pick up an extra 1-2 degrees of pitch for example....You can have binding problems if you set it too high.
Although this is true in the flybar'd world, this isn't true with fbl.

Fbl physical deflection limits are set in the unit itself during setup, and these are the maximum limits the unit will not exceed during flight.

The endpoints are used to specify/adjust a *rate* of angular rotation during flight, and never exceed the physical limits established during setup. You can use endpoints to adjust how responsive your heli is via transmitter mode without worrying about physical limits because it doesn't directly affect servo travel limits....only the rate of rotation commanded by the fbl unit.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK so when endpoint adjustment is paired with dual rate adjustment essentially you get more responsiveness from the model correct?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can get more responsiveness using both/either. The difference is that d/r are switchable at will and therefore can be enabled or switched any time regardless of flight mode, headspeed, etc. Endpoints are a global setting and aren't switchable during flight so they impact all flight modes regardless of headspeed, etc.

You can use both to achieve a variety of flying characteristics, but one must understand how the functions overlap before doing so.

Regardless, using Transmitter mode is the best way to get the most of of the BX units. For the helis I've flown so far - and my slow thumbs - I've found the default rotations rates at 100% d/r or endpoints to be too slow for my liking, so I usually up my endpoints to achieve the feel that I want, and soften center stick with varying levels of expo depending on the model. I typically don't do much with d/r, but I am experimenting with some switchable lesser rates to offset my endpoints for at-will precision/stationary flying.

It's all choice, man
Old 08-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

perfect! thanks for the explanation... I've been having troubles with my 570 as I think the aileron and elevator rates are too slow for my liking. I have my DR's maxed out at 125 and adding a few more ticks on the endpoints may increase the rates more to suit my needs. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in