Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default ZZZZzzzzzz!!

What... everyone here die??? Move on??? faded into nothingness??? This forum has been so lame lately its almost not worh even coming to check out whats new or hats happened lately... BECAUSE NOTHING HAS CHANGED... wowsers.

I've been looking for a little help before and its been zip, nada.... nuthin.

I think watching paint dry is more exciting that here at present. Hopefully things will pick up after the summers nearing over... if not....

Oh well

happy fly'n
DumbDawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2008, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbDawg View Post
What... everyone here die??? Move on??? faded into nothingness??? This forum has been so lame lately its almost not worh even coming to check out whats new or hats happened lately... BECAUSE NOTHING HAS CHANGED... wowsers.

I've been looking for a little help before and its been zip, nada.... nuthin.

I think watching paint dry is more exciting that here at present. Hopefully things will pick up after the summers nearing over... if not....

Oh well

happy fly'n
Well... been flying my HBK II for another 5 hours, the last two with HS-50 servos that someone suggested wouldn't handle the voltage. They work nicely with 0.2V over their rating. Perhaps my Hitec gyro-combo brings the voltage down...

This month I've clocked 15 hours of flying total. That's including planks. A few days left, so maybe I'll hit 17 hours

Since I've been upgrading my HBK as much as possible, I found that I'm just a brushless combo from another HBK. I have all the left over parts!

Last edited by bjkv; 07-28-2008 at 01:38 AM..
bjkv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i check this forum often too, kinda dry. Still my favorite heli between it and trex450 , it doesnt hurt to crash as much.
stainless1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Well at least there are a few people here... LOL

I'm try'n to get in as much fly'n as possible but seem to be stuck on a couple of repairs... no worries tho I'll get them sorted out. I'm also doing the same as bjkv is... putting together another K2 from all the bits'n'pieces I have in my tool box. Ordered anout $30 worth of parts and I'll have another heli to.... fix

nice to hear some replies

happy fly'n
Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This place used to be lively? Lol...I just thought this place was pretty dead in general...must have joined at the wrong time .
Well, here's something to talk about I guess, upgrading from a brushless motor to an even better brushless motor.
Right now I have an ESky 3900kv (9t pinion) with the ESky 25A ESC, running stock batteries.
I was seeking more power, so I thought I'd upgrade to an 11t pinion with 1800mAh 20C batteries. But I was recommended that I'd be better off getting a JGF 400DH motor.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=432
Pretty pricey, is it really worth it?

I also came across this motor, less than half the cost with a lot more good reviews, but I guess it wouldn't perform any better than an ESky 3800kv motor.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1524

And this one, not as many reviews, just one good review.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=6960

I am aware that the Esky 25A ESC has its limitations (wish I knew beforehand or I wouldn't have bought it) so I'm thinking about a Dynam 30A ESC with BEC output of 5v.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1298
Does anyone have any experience with these devices? Any input is appreciated.

There is a fine line between genius and madness

Last edited by Sublime Snot; 07-29-2008 at 03:46 PM..
Sublime Snot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Greeting Esky dudes! I thought everyone sold thier Esky's and bought CopterX's and EXIs. Well I'm still here and the HBK2 is still my daily flier. I'm training in the garage and the backyard, so no room for those big birds. Regardless, a new 450 is in my future, but still a month or so away.

I flew a few minutes ago and it started raining. It was a light rain so I kept flying. Never flew in the rain and didn't want to do it for long. Right now the HBK2 is running great. Last week the trusty Esky 3800 finally gave out after 300+ flights. One or both of the bearings started to howl, so I retired it. Conicidently the bearing failed shortly after I started lubing it with Triflow. Not saying that was the cause. Its more likely that the Triflow carried some dirt down into the bearings. I didn't do the right thing which would to remove the motor, clean it thoroughly, then lube. Lesson learned.

Anyway, its timely subject for SS as I had to replace the motor. I went with the Xtreme 400x. Results, well.... mixed. Yes, its got more power than the 3800, that's for sure. But the average current draw went from about 9 amps to 12. I backed off the throttle curve and now its down to 10.5. Flight times have dropped, and the packs are hotter. Not dangerously so, but hotter. The motor has a fan so it never gets very warm. My 3800 was usually around 120f and the Xtreme is between 95 and 100f. Its also quite a bit smaller and lighter than the 3800. The other thing I don't like about the motor is that its loud. A lot louder than the 3800. Its not to bad outside, but in the garage, its not pleseant.

I like the power and I now I don't think I could go back to the 3800. With the 3800 on full collective I could get the motor to bog bad enough that the headspeed would drop and the tail would kick out. I'm using stock tail blades and the stock pulley, so I'm on the weak side there. Now with the Xtreme motor, I can get a little bogging but not enough to kick the tail out. There's a little wiggle, then it centers. Nothing like the 3800.
Gregor99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjkv View Post
Well... been flying my HBK II for another 5 hours, the last two with HS-50 servos that someone suggested wouldn't handle the voltage. They work nicely with 0.2V over their rating. Perhaps my Hitec gyro-combo brings the voltage down...

This month I've clocked 15 hours of flying total. That's including planks. A few days left, so maybe I'll hit 17 hours

Since I've been upgrading my HBK as much as possible, I found that I'm just a brushless combo from another HBK. I have all the left over parts!
So, you are running at 5v right?. In the long run it could make a difference. The servo box does say 4.8v ONLY. I was just making sure that you knew that. Some people do not read the fine print ever or thoroughly enough(I am guilty!).

Another close scenario for your answer running 5v could be: How long does a human live when smoking 1+packs of ciggies per day??? There is no answer that you could give that would be correct, but you could speculate at a lower number of years with an educated guess!
You will never know the life difference of that servo if you had been running .2v less the whole time. But if you were running 6v, I bet it would be fried purdy quick!!

Screw math, I don't need it anyway!

Z
zimatosa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i used a hs-50 once...it was good, but after a crash, where the case fell apart (even with taping), i started using fut3114 (analog) or fut3154 (digital)...they're the most cost-effective sub-micro for the tail imho...here's an interesting vid (watch it in high quality, and check out the setup in the details)...ken
HB King V2 with new Logictech 2100T gyro (6 min 21 sec)
xrbcoronalogoflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimatosa View Post

Screw math, I don't need it anyway!

Z
DITTO... I have found that math has not EVER saved me from crashing into anything, like trees, buildings, chairs etc.. I have found that while I'm running the calculations of avoidance that my heli has then chosen another entirely different object to crash into. So has math EVER helped me???? nope!! One last thing... I also avoid the math involved when deciding whether my bank acct can afford the necessary parts needed to repair or 'upgrade' my bird.

happy fly'n
Old 08-07-2008, 03:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime Snot View Post
This place used to be lively? Lol...I just thought this place was pretty dead in general...must have joined at the wrong time .
Well, here's something to talk about I guess, upgrading from a brushless motor to an even better brushless motor.
Right now I have an ESky 3900kv (9t pinion) with the ESky 25A ESC, running stock batteries.
I was seeking more power, so I thought I'd upgrade to an 11t pinion with 1800mAh 20C batteries. But I was recommended that I'd be better off getting a JGF 400DH motor.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=432
Pretty pricey, is it really worth it?

I also came across this motor, less than half the cost with a lot more good reviews, but I guess it wouldn't perform any better than an ESky 3800kv motor.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1524

And this one, not as many reviews, just one good review.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=6960

I am aware that the Esky 25A ESC has its limitations (wish I knew beforehand or I wouldn't have bought it) so I'm thinking about a Dynam 30A ESC with BEC output of 5v.
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1298
Does anyone have any experience with these devices? Any input is appreciated.
Dynam 30A works pretty well for me.... I had the xtreme BL motor and I hate it. It has soft shafting. my xtreme motor shafting broke in a crash on a post.. LOL. Or maybe its just too much for the shafting to handle the crash...
kersyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kersyboy View Post
Dynam 30A works pretty well for me.... I had the xtreme BL motor and I hate it. It has soft shafting. my xtreme motor shafting broke in a crash on a post.. LOL. Or maybe its just too much for the shafting to handle the crash...
Thanks for the insight. The Xtreme motor looked pretty shiny, but it's probably one to avoid. I already know what I'm going to do anyway.

There is a fine line between genius and madness
Sublime Snot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

G'day

Another newbie here. I have been flying since Late June and I''m close to a decent hover. I feel like a freak as my stock motor is still going strong!! or should I be flying more?
OZ_AL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_AL View Post
G'day

Another newbie here. I have been flying since Late June and I''m close to a decent hover. I feel like a freak as my stock motor is still going strong!! or should I be flying more?

If you ask me i will be flying it more untill the stock motor gets weak.... but to be safe upgrade it to brushless.. its for you to decide...
kersyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Actually don't wait for it to die and then order another motor and esc. Order them now so that you have something to replace them with when it fails. Hopefully it won't fail catastrophic or while you are flying.

If you are flying with it when flying it you should have other parts as well because it mayjust well come down quickly...

happy fly'n

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in