Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Wonderful... now what do I do?

So I'm all set to get a CB100 when Rick over at ClubHeli.com announces the Nine Eagles SOLO Pro... Now we have the mSR, CB100, and the Nine Eagles SOLO Pro! How am I suposed to make up my mind as to which one to get!

I am a huge Walkera fan, but I really was impressed with the little Free Spirit I got my daughter for her Birthday. If the SOLO Pro's quality is anything like the Free Spirit, it is going to be a tough decision.

From a price perspective, the CB100 is $163 and the mSR is $150... the SOLO Pro is only $140 and includes two batteries, a wall charger, and an anuminum case!

What to do, what to do... I need help deciding... what do you all think?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Joblin View Post
So I'm all set to get a CB100 when Rick over at ClubHeli.com announces the Nine Eagles SOLO Pro... Now we have the mSR, CB100, and the Nine Eagles SOLO Pro! How am I suposed to make up my mind as to which one to get!

I am a huge Walkera fan, but I really was impressed with the little Free Spirit I got my daughter for her Birthday. If the SOLO Pro's quality is anything like the Free Spirit, it is going to be a tough decision.

From a price perspective, the CB100 is $163 and the mSR is $150... the SOLO Pro is only $140 and includes two batteries, a wall charger, and an anuminum case!

What to do, what to do... I need help deciding... what do you all think?
I only have the MSR. But I can say it is fun to fly. Crash after crash after crash. And still fly's good.

Bob
KMA6168 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get them all and you are a happy man.
ehirobo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
If I could, I would... but I can't so I won't Someone has to have some thoughts for me?
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I recently went thru the same mental agony. I ended up getting the CB100. One simple fact won it over - it comes stock fully brushless. I really didn't want to deal with brushed motors wearing out anymore.

I've had it about a week now and its holding up to some fairly good bonks. Its a little on the heavy side for its size, but not TOO hard to fly once I got used to it. This is my first Walkera heli and the quality was better than I expected, although its certainly not perfect.

With all the new products and competition, I'm hoping the prices will come down, and then may add some more micro helis to my fleet (mSR, Solo, 4G6, etc.). For right now the CB100 is doing what I wanted - I can fly in the house when its cold and wet outside!
rcflyair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair View Post

I've had it about a week now and its holding up to some fairly good bonks.
Yes I love my CB100 too but bonking it is going a bit far

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo View Post
I'm with him!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the mSR is much tighter and easier to control indoors than the CB100, but the CB100 is a much better outdoor flier. This is the conclusion I've made after buying and flying both. I like them both, but feel the CB100 is much more fragile and prone to breaking (either itself or whatever it hit) when flying indoors whereas outdoors it'll basically bounce off my lawn with no damage. My mSR seems almost indestructable, but is a horrible flier outdoors if there's any kind of wind (this is on longer swash balls and 100% throws compared to stock/inner balls on my CB100).
bassplayinDude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in