Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vbar Nitro Gov: Combined Mode

Hey guys. I'm going from v-curves to FBL gov on my nitro, and I had a few questions in setup. I watched the Mr. Mel videos, but they seem to refer to the 2-channel governor mode.

Quote:
Set linear throttle curve in TX (flight condition normal)
Easy enough, I set a 0-100 throttle curve in the transmitter.

Quote:
Adjust the throttle signal direction (full throttle = positive values)
Also easy, calibrate the throttle like every other channel. +100 at the top, -100 at the bottom.

Quote:
Adjust the throttle center using sub trim in TX to 0% in pc soft (Stick centered)
Also like every other channel, set throttle channel to center, adjust sub trim to get a zero.

Quote:
Adjust the "motor off" value to -115% including all trims down and possible throttle cut switch using the servo travel settings in TX
Okay so here is where I start to get confused. I think it wants me to put the stick all the way down, then hit throttle cut. So I have it set to -100 at low stick, I hit throttle cut, the value changes to -115, then I let go of throttle cut and the value returns to -100.

Quote:
Adjust the throttle trim range (stick down) from -115 to -92% - Use trim step adjustments in TX if possible
I'm not really sure what to do at this step. Do I just leave the stick in the lowest position (-100) and add throttle trim until I see -92? This is basically a starting point for setting my idle correct? If that's the case, can I use the same throttle trim value I had when I used v-curves?

Quote:
Adjust full throttle to 100% (use servo travel in TX)
As with other channels, set full throttle with endpoints to reach +100 at full stick. Done.

Quote:
Switch to governor 2 tab. Use collective control mode to check throttle servo direction. Reverse in pc soft if needed. Turn control mode off.
I did this. My servo moves backwards. I checked the box and now the servo moves the correct way.Bingo.

Side note, since I was on v-curves before, I had to have the throttle channel reversed in the radio. Now that I'm setting up governor I had to set throttle back to normal. I'll have to go back and rebind to re-set the failsafe position.

Quote:
Set throttle servo travel for "motor off" to -115%. Trim / switch to motor off in TX now.
Stick all the way down, hold throttle cut to get the throttle servo to move to its lowest position. Now type -115 into the box that says "motor off"

Quote:
Lengthen the rod for a even fully closed throttle in this position and mount it.
Seems straight forward. Move the throttle on the engine to the lowest position. Servo is in it's lowest position because I'm holding throttle cut. Now, set servo linkage to fit.

Quote:
Turn on collective control mode, give full collective (throttle)
On this part I've seen some people saying to set the "max throttle value down to around 70% here to ensure there's no binding.
Quote:
Set the full throttle servo throw as needed now
Increase the value in the "max throttle" box until the throttle on the engine reaches its fully open position.

I think I've done it correctly, but I'd like someone more experienced to weigh in. Thanks guys!
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No thoughts?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow. That's making it complicated. I e set up dozens of helis with Vbar gov and never went through a detailed process like that. I'm sure that will get it working perfectly. I've never gone through that complicated back and forth at different percentages like you did, but I always try to get it as close to 100% as I can by adjusting the arm and link. I don't worry about it once I get it within 10/15 points in either side. Just make sure it's always going the correct direction and you don't have any binding and you'll find the vbar nitro governor works great. If you're coming from vcurves you'll be blown away by how easy it is to get your headspeed perfect and how well your Heli flies.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2015, 08:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks?

It came straight from the vstabi website. I'll work on it this week
Old 11-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I've figured it all out. Last question, what do you guys like to set your "normal" curve to?

I've seen some recommending 0% flat and using trim to set idle.
I've seen some recommending ~4% flat and adjust percentage to idle.
I've seen some say to run something like 0-45-45-45-45 so that the stick still has control of the throttle in normal mode.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The last one is good. That way you cannot fly in normal mode....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in