Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trying to setup new Micro Brain

Hey guys, I just got a new Micro Brain for my Trex 250 DFC Plus w/DX6 and I'm already lost on servos. I have the swash type set to normal on Tx., I left the cyclic DS416 at 120Hz and tail at 200Hz. I believe I have the servos connected correctly on Brain. For pitch curve on DX6 -100,-50, 0, 50, 100 I think that's what the wizard is saying to do. When I'm looking at Tx setup in wizard nothing is moving correctly or with the correct stick inputs.

Holy Crap! I'm so confused???

Has anyone made a video of something other than this FBL on a 180CFX?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2016, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel your pain, for one what kinda RX are you using? does the tail move? i had issues with my rx not fully working and had to unplug and plug it back in.

you have to make sure you pick the normal on the tx, then the right lay out on the screen for servos.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dont look to the swashplate movements till you arrive to panel 7, for the tail go on with the wizard till the tail panel.
BrainDev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 04:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using a Lemon.

I feel better knowing the servos won't move yet until step 7. I thought I may have damaged them somehow.

In Tx setup on the Wizard stick inputs don't match what going on in the wizard still though.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's my setup videos. 4 of them are going over the MSH BRAIN system and 1 is specifically to the uBrain and setting it up to the 180CFX.
See if this will help.ypu understand better.
Mikes Guide on How To Setup The MSH BRAIN FLYBARLESS CONTROLLER: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...K4Z8nvB4PFUXVS

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchota View Post
I'm using a Lemon.

I feel better knowing the servos won't move yet until step 7. I thought I may have damaged them somehow.

In Tx setup on the Wizard stick inputs don't match what going on in the wizard still though.
you wanna set ur travel all at 100 for all controls then you turn off your expo and dual rates before you set it up..then go to the monitor screen and hold the stick left, right, back,forward until you get the green bar. and 100%
maybe this guys videos will help

Old 05-18-2016, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
you wanna set ur travel all at 100 for all controls then you turn off your expo and dual rates before you set it up..then go to the monitor screen and hold the stick left, right, back,forward until you get the green bar. and 100%
maybe this guys videos will help
I will have to correct you. You should disable any DR, EXPO in your TX, before any channel 'calibration' cfr getting to 0 and 100.

so expo , DR OFF , adapt endpoints/travel to get to 100. (NOT DR=> DR impacts resolution , endpoints/travel do not)
so 100 should be achieved by updating the endpoints in your TX.
Later DR can be used in 'corner cases'

Moderate amounts of Expo shouldn't impact 0 or endpoints alot, however it is still recommended to do setup in liniear mode ,because pre configured flight styles will add some expo (I think) , in this way both TX and FBL will add expo which is undesired.
That being said , great amounts of negative expo could potentionally already sendout a value while in channel calibration , and would sendout a value while 0 not longer be 0. Since some ppl fly without expo , others with 50 - 70 % the recommendation is to remove EXPO all together during calibration.
Never both
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I said..I thought... I watched part one of that video no disrespect but less talking about flowers and who you know and just get down to business

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Old 05-18-2016, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mike I appreciate the video but I'm still confused. Are you saying setup mine like in your video #1 of a Brain or that you have 1 video specifically for the micro brain. I see the micro brain video #5 but that's like halfway thru setup.

Edit: Nevermind, for some reason video 5 was starting halfway thru. Watching it now.

The wizard says to have the pitch curve at 100.100 and center at 0 so I put #2 and #4 spots at 50 but I think I'm wrong. Man I didn't realize this would be such a PITA.
Old 05-18-2016, 07:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's a pic. Don't laugh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2244.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	652814  
Old 05-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my pitch curves 0,25,50,75,100 not sure why u would want a v curve. Like that

Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I have my pitch curves 0,25,50,75,100 not sure why u would want a v curve. Like that

I originally had it that same way but that was how I interpreted the Brains Wizard. It says set pitch curve to 100, 100 and 0 at center.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you sure it doesn't say + and - 100? You don't want 100-0-100 pitch curve. I run 2pt pitch curves from -100 to 100.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I meant -,+. I have 5 pt. on DX6 with option to add 2 more. My problems are more than this at the moment. I had a 3GX MRS on my Trex 250 and for the most part it worked just fine. With the micro brain installed and I go thru the steps the swash goes way out of whack and in Tx setup on the wizard the sliders don't move correctly when I give stick inputs. For example: If I give it right aileron the elevator slider moves, if I give it left aileron the tail slider moves. With throttle all the way down the slider is at 0, halfway is 100% and full throttle brings it back to 0.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchota View Post
I originally had it that same way but that was how I interpreted the Brains Wizard. It says set pitch curve to 100, 100 and 0 at center.
Please, can you tell us where have you seen to set +100 / +100 With 0 at center? It may be that escapes us something, but we can't correct it if we don't know where. In annex the instruction that we see in the official SW release (1.0.018).
Thank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PiuMenoCento.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	652857  
BrainDev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can actually watch all of my videos.
The uBrain and Brain setup is identical for the most part.
There are a few minor differences between the 2 systems more specifically dealing with the throttle and gov setup. About 98% of the setup is identical to the original Brain.
Just based off your responses I would highly recommend watching them from the beginning to end paying close attention to servo layout and how to calibrate your TX to the Brain and uBrain.

Your aileron, elevator, pitch, throttle, Rudder, controls in your TX all need to be linear not the Vcurve that was posted in the pic.

instead of making adjustments in the dual rates and expo parameters of your TX you need to instead be adjusting your endpoints values until you achieve the -100 and +100 readings and in the proper directions in the transmitter calibration setup page of the software.
If you find yourself completely lost or not fully understanding what is required it may be best to find a local flying field and reach out to soneone within the heli community that is near you to maybe help personally walk you thru the flybarless setup process.
The Brain system is the easiest system on the market to setup but that being said if a person has not set a flybarless system up before or does not understand what is required it can be a very daunting task to try to learn without some forms of help.
Sometimes finding a person to physically walk you through a setup once will be far more valuable than anything else.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
Please, can you tell us where have you seen to set +100 / +100 With 0 at center? It may be that escapes us something, but we can't correct it if we don't know where. In annex the instruction that we see in the official SW release (1.0.018).
Thank
Sorry it's not +/+. I thought I corrected that comment. It is -/+. After talking with AMain Hobbies they suggested sending it back because it was doing weird things and it wouldn't get power from the usb, I had to get power from battery.

I got my new one so I'm going to give her a try again.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hope everything works out this time.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are not supposed to power it from USB. Just FYI..
Old 06-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, so far so good except for the elevator servo being fried. Even though I had frequency at 333 on the old brain the servos still got HOT. Like we had talked about. Other than that I had no problem binding the sat to the brain this time. Transmitter tab shows sliders moving correctly and with corresponding stick input. Still not sure why the swash is so far out though. I have swash type as normal on my DX6.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in