Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Speed Helicopters

Speed Helicopters Speed Helicopters. Any brand as long as it goes FASSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!

Old 07-04-2015, 04:27 AM   #21
kasmirov
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_kubes View Post
Is it possible to set up a Goblin 700 Competition to do the speed runs? The more I look at things and my style of flying, I lean more to the Speed flying side of the sport. Any recommendations or would I be better off getting another heli?
I reached 214 km/h average speed at 200m distance.
G700comp, 2150 rpm, Pyro800, railblades 696, vBar.
However I think the real speed was little less because of a tailwind.
kasmirov is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:47 AM   #22
robbarnes1098
Registered Users

Running my Diaolos S #47 on the new vbar NEO . Style set at 50 , Agility turned right down to 65 and tail gain at 60, although I have to put in full right rudder on spool up to compensate the tail .
Im running 2600 head speed and 15.5 degrees of pitch .

This set up works really well but I have no figures for speed as yet .
robbarnes1098 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #23
remco960
Registered Users

Default heli

nice
remco960 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #24
CarloSteyn
Registered Users

As many others, i'm also hooked onto speed flying. I fly with fellow HF member Vinger, who currently holds our national record with his R5, so it remains a talking point with us. So much that we (ok, more him and another flying friend) put together the Sleipnir speed testing system - shared by Linus here on HF.

My concern though, and seems i'm the only one, is the length of the run. I understand the reason behind it as Vinger explained to me, but at more than 100m away to the one side i find it hard to see the heli and orientation.

I've almost lost one heli due to it, and witness another go down due to orientation loss (while i was the caller ).

Anybody else having the same problem?
CarloSteyn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 AM   #25
Vinger
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's why speed flying is so much fun!! Granted difficult to see the heli, but practice and muscle memory will get us there to control that little spec out there and get her lined up for the gates.........
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:43 AM   #26
CarloSteyn
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
That's why speed flying is so much fun!! Granted difficult to see the heli, but practice and muscle memory will get us there to control that little spec out there and get her lined up for the gates.........
I'll probably mumble and bitch about it for a while until i get the hang of it

...hoping not at the cost of a few helis
CarloSteyn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:13 AM   #27
john2kx
Registered Users

I had difficulty seeing my R5 at 200-240 meters the first few months out with it. I wear glasses and the first area of business was a trip to my eye doctor for a new pair of shades. That helped but still not where I wanted to be. As Vinger mentioned, it gets better with practice.

Now with almost 100 flights behind me, my left thumb does not shake to the point I'm needlessly turning tail gain down I get comments all the time like "I don't see how you know what it's doing way out there".

There are situations where I find it difficult to see even close up (while circling in front of me during my cool/slow down lap. This narrow fuse goes into stealth mode at certain angles and keeps me on my toes more so than when I am 200+ meters away.
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Speed Helicopters

Speed Helicopters Speed Helicopters. Any brand as long as it goes FASSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!