Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 01-04-2017, 07:18 PM   #61
senzafine
Registered Users

So I might be the only one here but I think it would be cool to compare my flights to others. Like a friend feature or something? Being app based I am not sure how viable this would be. It would be nice if it partnered with something like http://rcheli.club/ or something of that nature. I am an IT geek so I am into the "DATA" (said in my best RC Heli Nation Dan voice). Thanks for making the app, it looks really great!
Old 01-05-2017, 04:09 AM   #62
DrSteve
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by senzafine View Post
So I might be the only one here but I think it would be cool to compare my flights to others. Like a friend feature or something? Being app based I am not sure how viable this would be. It would be nice if it partnered with something like http://rcheli.club/ or something of that nature. I am an IT geek so I am into the "DATA" (said in my best RC Heli Nation Dan voice). Thanks for making the app, it looks really great!
I've had some communication with the developer of that site. Nothing for definite yet, but in the future the app might be able to share data with website.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Align T-Rex 600EFL Pro, 550E DFC and 500 PRO DFC
Blade mCPX and mSR. Spektrum DX9
RC Flight and Battery Log App
DrSteve is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:04 PM   #63
jharkin
Registered Users

Ok I downloaded it and imported my data from TechDad (android to android via dropbox). My version of Techdad is 3.1.14.

Observations..

Bugs:
  • The app did not properly convert the fuel used statistics from my models from gallons into liters. One heli that had 16.05 gallons usage it converted to 2.055L, another that had 12.78 gallons it converted to 1.636L
  • Log all models freezes the app often if you tap the calendar view
  • Battery logging - I see that the cycles associated to flights from my old Techdad archive properly show up in the battery log, but if i create some new charge entries and flights on the battery in the app the battery log only shows the charge events - it doesn't correlate to the flight and capacity used
  • New model setup allow me to create a model without a name

Minor feature requests/nitpicks:
  • It would be nice to have the option to switch from metric to imperial units. I track my fuel usage in gallons and ounces living in the states.
  • In the model list, can you add cumulative fuel to the summary data for fuel models (same as TD)
  • It may just be me but the format of day.hours:minutes:seconds for total flight time is not immediately intuitive. I'd rather just see total flight time in hours:minutes:seconds.
  • In the model list, can you add last flight date to the summary data (same as TD)
  • I mentioned it before but for fuel models it would be neat to have fuel user definable the way batteries are (similar to what TD does), so users with lots of different fuel can define various mixes and keep track of how much of each is used.
  • The "Log all models" view is very helpful It is a little buggy so I'm having a hard time trying out everything but one cool enhancement is if you could:
    • Add a flight counts and fuel used columns to the model table
    • Have an option to view the data for all time or look at specific years
  • Can we define which packs a model uses (same as TD) [edit - i see that the model setup can define a cell count and then it auto selects compatible batteries - cool!]
  • Might just be me, but the way the battery tab re-sorts the list each time you charge one, rather than keeping them in alphabetical; confused me at first
Enhancement ideas:
  • Can we add support for parallel charging?
  • Make battery management track cycles and utilization like in TD. I can fly, do a storage charge, then do a top off full charge and then fly again. In the log it would add up the storage and top off charge and record that as the capacity used on the previous flight
  • You could simplify the interface and eliminate the setup tab by adding and "add new" option to the models and batteries list, and then put an edit button within the entry for each model and battery
  • Maintenance entry is a very cool feature. Can it be updated to automatically annotate with the flight count & fuel used at the time of the entry? This would be useful for folks who do maintenance at defined intervals- like greasing grips every xx flights or replacing plugs every xx gallons.
  • If you can do the above then a cool enhancement to the log view for a model would be to have filters under the log sub tab to show flights or maintenance
, Futaba 14SG
jharkin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:52 AM   #64
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharkin View Post
Lots of good stuff....
Hi,

I sent you a PM concerning some of the issues you raised, did you see it?

Cheers,
Stephen
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #65
senzafine
Registered Users

I would like to be able to change the default save location, if I could save it to my one drive section I wouldn't have update anything *it should* just update when one drive does. I also use two devices, mostly my Android tablet but if I forget it I always have my Android phone with me.

I wanted to compare some of the apps out there, so in 2017 I have been using.
RC-Battery Flight Log
RCHeli.club
RC Flight & Battery log "RC-Battery Flight Log" gives more options your application is quicker/easier to use.

I'd like to be able to compare flights to other friends, but I am sure that increases the complexity quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharkin View Post

Enhancement ideas:
  • Can we add support for parallel charging?

***It would be cool if it took the mah # and split it per battery***
Old 01-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #66
DrSteve
Registered Users

Default Version 1.5.0 released

Version 1.5.0 is now available on all platforms.

Enhancements include:
Receiver pack support added (single pack with multiple flights per charge)
Log all model page now select summary per year, or all years.
Added import help page.
Bug fixed: Renaming of models and batteries does not mess up logs.

The next release will include at least:
Improved flight logging with selectable year/month/day on log. Click on calendar view, auto selects date in log view.
Configurable sort order of models and batteries.
Bug fixed when editing flight time, model total time correctly updated.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #67
joelr
Registered Users

I must say that I'm really pleased at the support that is being given to this app. Bug and feature requests are being handled promptly, and support requests get a personal reply very quickly.

If you haven't had a chance to check the app out, I recommend you do so. Now is the time to have your feedback heard!
joelr is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #68
Tcrook
Registered Users

👍 great updates since releasing this app, Nice job!
Tcrook is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:33 AM   #69
Argypak
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Argypak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:41 AM   #70
Argypak
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just had a look and it's great so far.
Can you also add flight history for each model to be per year? Or year selectable as well as overall?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #71
joelr
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argypak View Post
Just had a look and it's great so far.
Can you also add flight history for each model to be per year? Or year selectable as well as overall?

Download the latest version, select log all models, take a peek at the options. He's also announced enhancements coming for this in the next release.
joelr is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #72
JohnCrashes
Registered Users

This app sounds really great and I'd love to give it a shot. My only concern is that I have a few years of data wrapped up in RCLogBook and a custom excel spread sheet.

Dr. Steve, do you have any information on the import/export capabilities?

Ideally, I would be able to take data exported from RCLookBook and import it into RC Flight and Battery Log. Afterwards, and on an ongoing basis, I would then like to export data to the excel tracking spreadsheet that I've been using. I have no issues in manipulating data as needed, but I just want to get a sense of RC Flight and Battery Log's import/export capabilities.
JohnCrashes is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:51 AM   #73
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrashes View Post
This app sounds really great and I'd love to give it a shot. My only concern is that I have a few years of data wrapped up in RCLogBook and a custom excel spread sheet.

Dr. Steve, do you have any information on the import/export capabilities?

Ideally, I would be able to take data exported from RCLookBook and import it into RC Flight and Battery Log. Afterwards, and on an ongoing basis, I would then like to export data to the excel tracking spreadsheet that I've been using. I have no issues in manipulating data as needed, but I just want to get a sense of RC Flight and Battery Log's import/export capabilities.
The app can directly import T3chDad RC Flight Log data from it's Dropbox backup.

I have also been able to import data from S. Sherrer's 'RC-Log LiPo & Flight Log' app using an program on my PC.

I have start working on a conversion program for RCLogBook, one person has sent me a 'DbSnapshot.db' to convert. I'm having a few issues with that one due to the way it stores the data and asked the sender for more information about their data - they have yet to reply.

If you could send me your db file, or data in some other form, I'll see what I can do. Please contact me via PM.

Exporting data is something I have on my todo list.

Cheers.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #74
DrSteve
Registered Users

Default Version 1.6.0 released

This should be live on Android now, coming within a couple of days on iOS.

One user has reported a bug in 1.5.0, which is now hopefully fixed, I would suggest not adding any IR log entries until you get 1.6.0 (if you have don't worry contact me and we can manually sort out the problem when you get 1.6.0).

Here is a list of the updates in 1.6.0:
Improved flight logging with selectable year/month/day on log. Click on calendar view, auto selects date in log view.
Flights per month and year added for all and individual models.
Configurable sort order of models and batteries.
Bug fixes: when editing flight time, model total time correctly updated
Summary page total flight time correctly shown.
IR Test incorrectly listed as Partial charge.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #75
Argypak
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr View Post
Download the latest version, select log all models, take a peek at the options. He's also announced enhancements coming for this in the next release.

Sweet

Old 01-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #76
JohnCrashes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
The app can directly import T3chDad RC Flight Log data from it's Dropbox backup.

I have also been able to import data from S. Sherrer's 'RC-Log LiPo & Flight Log' app using an program on my PC.

I have start working on a conversion program for RCLogBook, one person has sent me a 'DbSnapshot.db' to convert. I'm having a few issues with that one due to the way it stores the data and asked the sender for more information about their data - they have yet to reply.

If you could send me your db file, or data in some other form, I'll see what I can do. Please contact me via PM.

Exporting data is something I have on my todo list.

Cheers.
Hey Dr. Steve - I just sent you a PM. Please give me a call if you'd like.
JohnCrashes is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:31 AM   #77
Flyingzook
Registered Users

Default RC Flight & Battery Logging app

Updated to V1.6.0 and when I go to log all models it doesn't show correct fuel usage in the general section? But when I go to my nitro model total fuel used is correct. Other then that it's working awesome. Its amazing how quickly the hours and flights add up.
Flyingzook is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #78
DrSteve
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingzook View Post
Updated to V1.6.0 and when I go to log all models it doesn't show correct fuel usage in the general section? But when I go to my nitro model total fuel used is correct. Other then that it's working awesome. Its amazing how quickly the hours and flights add up.
Thanks for letting me know. I will investigate and fix it.

Cheers,
Stephen
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-12-2017, 06:07 AM   #79
DrSteve
Registered Users

Default Nitro mesaures in US and UK

Question for people flying nitro models in the USA.

I know over here in Europe we have generally happy with litres/ml to measure fuel.

And in the USA you are happier with gallons. BUT, obviously the quantities used in the heli's are smaller than a gallon, so what unit do you use? I'm guessing US fluid ounces?

Whilst investigating this I did not realise:
US gallon = 16 US fl.oz
Imperial (UK) gallon = 20 fl.oz

But the US fl.oz is not the same as the UK fl.oz!!

If I add support for US gallons and US fl.oz, are there any UK users who would like to use the UK imperial measures?
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-13-2017, 10:52 PM   #80
JoeRuscito
Registered Users

Sorting is nice thanks for updating!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please