Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Speed Helicopters

Speed Helicopters Speed Helicopters. Any brand as long as it goes FASSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!

Old 02-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
RCBound
Registered Users

Default Stock electronics for 270 CFX speed runs.

I'm not so worried about the Talon 35

What I'm more worried about is the not so tight gear train in the never crashed HK3050/60 servos. Also about if they are even strong enough really.

The Talon's BEC should be good enough...but hey I'm no expert so let me know.

I'm upping the HS for my next runs to 4050 governed with 12 degrees pitch, then up to 12.5 degrees pitch if all is well. My initial runs were at 3800 and 12.5

I'll be using my 40ish gram heavier than stock 1000mah 40C Zippy Compact and 1000mah 25-50C NanoTech for practicing my speed passes. Going to try and stick to 2 passes per pack from now on...had way too much fun my first time out for speed passes and flew too long.

Again, I'm mainly worried about having a failure because the servos aren't up to the task.

I'm not worried about a pitch up, that I can handle. I'm learning to be graceful with the elevator and not to be too sharp with the collective. Learning a lot as I read on HeliFreak and listen to what Justin from RCHN has to say.

I have other plans for the 270...so I really want to see how fast it can go as is before making any changes.
https://www.youtube.com/c/RCBound#699RCHN
RCBound is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:32 PM   #2
RCBound
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Since I've posted, my heli has been stretched to 325, flipped and upgraded with custom 1950kV 2216 Scorpion motor, running 1200mah 40C 6S GensAce packs and has a 3Digi on its back!

posted this pic in a couple other places but only pic I currently have online showing the stretch with upgraded motor.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
slikwrik
Registered Users

that's a sick looking little set up you have there, how is the fuselage going, can you post a pic?!
slikwrik is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
BrokeDad
Registered Users

There's a free 270 for parts in New Zealand .. all you have to do is find it
Old 11-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #5
RCBound
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikwrik View Post
that's a sick looking little set up you have there, how is the fuselage going, can you post a pic?!
Thanks!

Here is the rough mock up of the full fuse. I never ended up mounting the boom cover. I realized I need some more money and a proper setup to make the fuselage properly. It came to a screeching halt at that point as other things took priority. I have little over 1 semester left of Machinist Tech school and after that I will consider revisiting the project. However I am more focused in larger helis now.

I have been using the canopy continuously however! Looks real rough but can't tell when it's in the sky.

New servos to perform better, as well as tried out the Brain v1 on it for a while. It's back to the 3Digi though and the Brain is on my Protos 500. I also converted to the Tarot swash and Blade450X metal tail case because I simply could not get rid of tail vibes no matter what I tried. Plastic tail case was just too worn out and I wanted a solid tail case. Found the Blade tail case for super cheap.

I have more pics and videos posted over in the 270 CFX forum.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:13 PM   #6
RCBound
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
There's a free 270 for parts in New Zealand .. all you have to do is find it
Aw dang, not able to find it after a crash I assume. Would be another story if you said somewhere off the coast haha.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Speed Helicopters

Speed Helicopters Speed Helicopters. Any brand as long as it goes FASSSSSSSSSTTTTTT!