Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would have to agree, the Raptors are great machines. They are more than capable of 3D flying. Parts are inexpensive and can be found just about anywhere. The new Titan SE has some refinements that make the machine just that much better.
A pilot at the local club can do any move with the Raptor that he can do with the T-Rex, even at about the same speed. The design has stood up against the test of time (didn't Leonardo da Vinci fly a Rappy ).
Broken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What I'm interested in is a simple question: what .50 to .60 class helicopters exist that are both legitimate 3D machines and do not use CCPM? Specifically helicopters I can buy new and get parts for. Simple, factual question with simple, factual answers.
See below
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Titan SE

But like Chris said, agility has no bearing on how you move the swash. Paddle weight, cyclic throw, servo speed, flybar mixing ratios, dampeners, and blade selection do.
http://www.jaxrc.com
BarracudaHockey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Umm

Quote:
Last time I checked my 90 3D at the post office it was 10lbs/9oz..Man,what do you have on that thing?
LOL. nothing really.. For one its an early edition raptor 60. It has a TT, an os70 and Thunder Tiger Carbon Blades ( they look heavier than normal black carbon blades) an Arizona Regulator, a 6.6V LithIon battery which is super light, a 601 Gyro and 9252 servs and a multigov..I got a flybarcage as the only upgrade... thats it.. pretty stock

My weight came from one of those fish scales (digital) where i hang the chopper from the hook...

Maybe its because its the older edition plastic everything? not sure really

All i do know is it fly's a bit heavy but with the .70 engine she has plenty of power for all the maneuvers. Upside is i flew it last week in super gusty winds, and it was soo smooth!

I love flying it!

P.S. I will have to double check now that i know yours comes in at 10lb 9oz... If i could shave weight, she would fly better!! The blades i have on it, i might have to weigh them they look heavier than normal...they have a white gel coat on them..
pkfrizzlefry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the 90 3D is the lightest one and I also have other parts that took a little weight off.I had a standard Raptor 90 with OS 70SZ-H/Hatori SB-70,Thundertiger 680mm mains and loved it.Not sure on the weight but it flew very good.After putting a new Ring and rear bearing in it,the OS 70 would do anything I wanted it to do and is awesome on fuel .They do fly so nice in wind,this is my 90 3D in 20-30 mph winds .Can't really tell because there was huge dirt hills all around me but once I got up there you can feel it .
FlyingHigh 450 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

The question: is MCCPM really easier to set up as ECCPM? I think they both require an equal amount of work. I personally don't see going to MCCPM is going to magically alleviate the hassle of setup.
Sure there are some fine MCCPM heli's still being made. But why limit yourself to a few models over the ocean of heli's to choose from that are ECCPM?
dhc8guru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one - it ROCKS

Plenty of parts availability too, and no too pricey either

http://vimeo.com/6580691
50 Titan SE
Ecov is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhc8guru View Post
The question: is MCCPM really easier to set up as ECCPM? I think they both require an equal amount of work. I personally don't see going to MCCPM is going to magically alleviate the hassle of setup.
For me,I went from Mccpm to ccpm then back to Mccpm,Mccpm is alot easyer to setup.Once people get into 3D flying is where they will notice a tiny bit of interaction with ccpm,it had to be 100% perfect and sometimes you have to use radio mixes to get the interaction out.Some radios can't take interaction out so you deal with it.With Mccpm you don't have to go through all the steps like ccpm and there's no interaction at all.There's more to do and more to worry about with ccpm imo.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh 450 View Post
For me,I went from Mccpm to ccpm then back to Mccpm,Mccpm is alot easyer to setup.Once people get into 3D flying is where they will notice a tiny bit of interaction with ccpm,it had to be 100% perfect and sometimes you have to use radio mixes to get the interaction out.Some radios can't take interaction out so you deal with it.With Mccpm you don't have to go through all the steps like ccpm and there's no interaction at all.There's more to do and more to worry about with ccpm imo.

I think you'd be surprised at how many people are doing 3D with horribly setup helis.

mechanical mix is tons easier to setup!
hornet dave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet dave View Post
I think you'd be surprised at how many people are doing 3D with horribly setup helis.

mechanical mix is tons easier to setup!
O-I know there is,I was at one time.I flew my Trex 600N for months with interaction that I couldn't get rid of.Once my flying got better the more I noticed the heli doing goofy things.I spent 3 days trying to get rid of interaction,I even sold my Futaba 7CHP radio /Hitec HS-5475HB's servos and bought a DX7/Align DS610's .Interaction was still there even after spending another 2 days screwing with it .Guys at the club tried setting it up but it was still there.I had 2 choices,fly it the way it was or buy a high end radio so I can use mixes to take the interaction out,well I flew it the way it was .The radio and servos might not have taken care of the problem but I did get a good upgrade lol..
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzapper View Post
So, uh, to rerail this thread: I'm not interested in the argument over whether CCPM or mechanical is better.

What I'm interested in is a simple question: what .50 to .60 class helicopters exist that are both legitimate 3D machines and do not use CCPM? Specifically helicopters I can buy new and get parts for. Simple, factual question with simple, factual answers.
Raptor Titan SE. People who have direct experience with this helicopter and it's eCCPM counterparts report very similar weights and performance. It WILL do everything you need it to, except ward off the idiots at the field that give you a hard time because it's a Raptor....
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in