Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Normal throttle mode

Set to a flat curve 30,30,30,30,30( th to cut on off) will it then fly inverted with negative pitch as the iu1 flat 70 and u2 flat 100.
To windy here to try.
Jim
jmurray74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2017, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. Dont forget to change your pitch curve to match your other idle up curves. I would also recommend a second throttle hold or throttle cut switch incase your primary TH switch fails.
gryzor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurray74 View Post
Set to a flat curve 30,30,30,30,30( th to cut on off) will it then fly inverted with negative pitch as the iu1 flat 70 and u2 flat 100.
To windy here to try.
Jim
I would suggest that you post your pitch curves as well before attempting to go inverted.
Been windy there in Mebane too?
Hopefully will get a break to fly this weekend
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Normal throttle

I am using 0 25 50 75 100 on all modes.
Thanks
Jim
jmurray74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 06:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks
Jim
Jim,

This ESC does not work like the ones in the other Blade helis like the MCPBL or 130X. It is not proportional and has 3 speeds built into it which is what confuses a number of people. The lowest head speed is obtained with around 25-30% throttle. On some Tx's you can get a second speed at 70% and the top speed at 100%. That is why HH recommend a 0-25-25-25 for normal mode and (on my Tx DX6i) Stunt mode of a flat 100% throttle curve.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
Jim,

This ESC does not work like the ones in the other Blade helis like the MCPBL or 130X. It is not proportional and has 3 speeds built into it which is what confuses a number of people. The lowest head speed is obtained with around 25-30% throttle. On some Tx's you can get a second speed at 70% and the top speed at 100%. That is why HH recommend a 0-25-25-25 for normal mode and (on my Tx DX6i) Stunt mode of a flat 100% throttle curve.
I think what jmurray47 posted was his pitch curve, even though the title of his post says throttle curve. If 0-25-50-75-100 was his throttle curve we'd be having a totally different discussion by now

Actually, the ESC is fully proportional like other ESCs - you just have to change a few settings with CastleLink.

-John
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not much info if that is pitch or throttle curves.
Assuming is pitch curve, 0-25-50-75-100
I would check that you have 0° at mid stick and equal blade pitch at low and high stick.
I would not try to flip the heli having 30℅ on throttle, switch to idle one, 70%, and flip it.
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least for me, 30% is too slow for flipping. Also, ...

If you have a 0,30,30,30,30 normal throttle curve and pull the throttle all the way back, it will drop like a rock because when you get below 30 it shuts off the motor immediately and it will not spool up quick enough to fly. Just about the time you hit the ground from ~10', it starts to re-spool. You can count on replacing the landing gear, torque tube, boom, and boom supports & maybe even a TT pinion and main gear. Been there.

I suggest either dropping the 0 in the normal mode and using the TH switch for On/Off, or immediately get into IU1 or IU2 after lift off & landing in IU1. Of course, this makes Normal rather useless when you can use a TH switch for on and off and use the Normal mode (with 30,30,30,30,30) as a nice tame mode to fly around in w/o the danger of dropping like a rock!.

As far as changing ESC settings to stop it from dropping like a rock and spooling back up in a timely manner, I would like someone to post the exact settings that precludes the drop and slow re-spool. I have spend days froggin' around with the settings and talked with HH Techs. I have not seen this BAD feature of this ESC eliminated yet, w/o changing out the ESC. For the average sport flyer, this is a crappy copter. By far the worst of 6 copters that I have.
Len Todd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're flipping the heli or attempting inverted in "Normal" mode then you should not have a 0-30-30-30-30 throttle curve.

You should have a 30-30-30-30-30 throttle curve and be using throttle hold (0-0-0-0-0) to start/stop the heli.

Your "Normal" pitch curve should then be 0-25-50-75-100.

If you want 0 to be your first throttle position, but don't like the abrupt change when you get to 30 then you should turn off the governor and enable fixed endpoints mode (fully proportional mode). Then you can set whatever throttle curve you like ... 0-40-75-90-100 (example) and you will have smooth operation between 0 and 40. My blog explains how to do this.

Don't get caught up in the "Normal" vs. "Stunt" vs."IdleUp1, IdleUp2" descriptions ... they're just user-configurable flight modes that can be set to whatever you like. Instead think "Flight Mode 1", "Flight Mode 2", etc.

-John

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 03-04-2017 at 01:08 PM..
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in