Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 400 3d . Forum thoughts please

Hi

I've found a unused 400 with dx6i for sale. I'm currently flying mcpx and weighing something by Blade in 300 to 450 class. The seller has flown msr and 120 and decide to sell 300 instead of having it end up like other two. They used tx to fly msr and 120 but only bound 300 to check cyclic . Are parts available .

Your thought please.

Thank you

Rick
Koopyetz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's the 400 with the fly bar run away as fast as you can.
Twill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2015, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rick,
You mention 300 and 400, which is it the guy is selling? As said, these days flybarred helis are outdated and don't offer the stability / consistency of a well setup FBL heli. So the original Blade400 is something of an antique.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah the 400 is antique status. I kinda have 1, but it has been transformed into a frankenblade 400. Tarot fbl head, trex450 follower arms, 450× mainshaft, been through about 10 different aluminum tail cases, which an eflite cnc currently sits on it. Parts are discontinued for the blade 400 so you have to mix & match to keep it operational after crashing it. Trex 450 tail parts will fit, but the trex boom is shorter. The blade 450 has a larger diameter tail boom & that is actually the biggest difference between a blade 450 3D & the blade 400, also the main & tail gears are different but you can run the white 450 gears on the 400. I think the black blade 400 gears have stronger teeth, both use a different one way bearing set up though. If you want to convert the 400 to a blade 450 all you would really need to do is buy a 450 frame, tail boom, & everything that goes ON the 450 tailboom, the belt is the same as well as the the tail drive pulley. The tail shaft is bigger on the 450, also bigger than trex 450 tail shafts. You d be looking at spending close to another 100$ to update to a blade 450. Or you can do like me & build a frankenheli which cost about the same for the fbl head & parts & zyx s fbl gyro
brettskywalker48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it weren't for the Blade 400 I'd venture to guess there would be a whole lot less of successful heli pilots out there. You guys are cracking me up saying a Blade 400 is an antique. Barely 5 years ago it was Blades Premier heli. Stock I'll agree they needed some help. I flew one with Hitec servos, a GY401, and a JR 290G in the tail for hundreds and hundreds of flights and I just sold it to a guy who was learning to fly. With the DX6i and some electronics upgrades there's NO reason it can't be a viable trainer for someone. I now have 4 FBL helis and lately I find myself flying my Flybarred Raptor 50 with non digital servos more than any other of my helis. Guess I'm getting old.
Align 700N LE BeastX
Avidflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2015, 03:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the issue with the 400 is parts availability. I'm fortunate that a local hobby shop still has a pretty decent stash of b400 parts. If the OP doesn't have that he could be in trouble at the first crash.

Having said that, my FBL b400 conversion is a wonderful flier, easily the equal of my 450x. I didn't enjoy it much as a FB heli.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

Shoot, this day and age anything over 6 months old might as well be an antique.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in