Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'd have to upgrade the DX9 to 1.08 (October, 2015) or later to have the Center Tone function.

I'm on 1.09, because I hear you about unnecessary firmware upgrades. 1.10A is current, which has been out since February, 2016. I'll probably upgrade to that over the winter.
flightengr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2016, 02:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have collective tone, only rotary and sliders. Ya I'll upgrade it over winter as well.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right, but having the Center Tone feature is what allows you to adjust the tone on everything - knob, sliders, sticks, and switches. You can add it in places that didn't have it before, and you can remove it from the knob and sliders if it has annoyed you for all of these years.
flightengr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I guess I should have added I thought it was odd I have center tones on rotary and sliders, not collective, and no way to turn them off (or on, they're on natively) in any menu whatsoever. It's too bad Spektrum couldn't beef the crap out of their airware with greater control. I don't want this to come across disrespectful in the Spektrum forum, but I'm seriously considering Jeti for the almost limitless customization.

Steve
Old 11-08-2016, 04:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Ya, DX9 with 1.05. It has been working perfectly so I haven't wanted to update the airware, always afraid of problems.....you know how it goes. Plus, it's crazy warm here so I'm still flying, have to take full advantage of that where I live.

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Well I guess I should have added I thought it was odd I have center tones on rotary and sliders, not collective, and no way to turn them off (or on, they're on natively) in any menu whatsoever. It's too bad Spektrum couldn't beef the crap out of their airware with greater control. I don't want this to come across disrespectful in the Spektrum forum, but I'm seriously considering Jeti for the almost limitless customization.

Steve
I simply don't get your point, Steve. You're running your radio with outdated AirWare several versions behind (v1.05) and you are criticizing Spektrum for missing features that are already implemented in more recent updates?

Carlos
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh it's not just the beep, my friend, even with today's firmware I cannot personalize this radio anywhere near the other brand. But for now I'm ok with that, but I am looking elsewhere unless there happens to be MAJOR changes in the near-ish future.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

First get into System Set-up.

Scroll down to Warnings and select.

The second item down is "Throttle" (which for you is collective) and it warns when over or under 30%

Select it and then scroll it down to Inhibit and select.
Bob Mikels is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2022, 07:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mikels View Post
First get into System Set-up.

Scroll down to Warnings and select.

The second item down is "Throttle" (which for you is collective) and it warns when over or under 30%

Select it and then scroll it down to Inhibit and select.
Welcome to HF, but you might want to look at the dates of any discussions before replying. This is a very old discussion from 6 years ago, so I doubt they are still waiting on a response, and likely have it sorted by now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in