Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HF Vendor Support > HeliDirect Support

HeliDirect Support HeliDirect Vendor Sponsored Customer Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shipping slowing down??

Not here to bash, just wondering if it is holiday backlog?
Past couple orders I placed have taken longer then usual. Order placed sat,dec6,
paid for 2day priority,and showing expected del. Fri? Use to get orders placed on weekend by Wed, Thurs the latest. My location is only few states south of HD in the NorthEast. I'm sure most of it is USPS backlog but might get here quicker First Class?
crickr1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I work in the mailing industry, not USPS, FedEx or UPS, I just produce millions of pieces of mail and give to the USPS to deliver.

From about Nov. 15th to Jan 8th, the USPS delivery slows down, at least 2-3 days. The only thing that doesn't seem to be affected is First Class letters. But Packages and Parcels? oh yeah, slow.

VControl, Neo, Hobbywing, Goblin 570(s)
povern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, not only on the general slow down but with HD in general. I too am fairly close to them(Ohio) and i have ordered things from them and also from aloft which is clear across the country and have gotten my aloft items before HD.

I'm also not here to bash just interesting i guess to see how different companies handle shipping.
Persistence and disposable income required
stevolution is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2014, 07:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Why bother paying for 2 day shipping?
Ordered last sat, Still not here,I'll try first class next time.
Usually, Malden,Nashua, Kearney. For some reason stopped in Flushing along the way?

Whatever, just looking Fwd to some new parts, My protos has been on shelf for while and grabbed some Lynx deals, had little time tonight was hoping to put back together and get a flight or 2 tomorrow. Oh well
Old 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Slow? How about this? Ordered a set of zeal 155mm blades for my 180cfx last Friday at 5am..just got a tracking# says they'll be here Thursday..almost a week for them to ship a set of small blades from Massachusetts to Maine....the only thing between us is the tiny state of New Hampshire..really guys? This is the first time I've experienced this with HD..kinda sad
longhammer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let's remember that last week was a Holiday week for most. Yes, I know Friday was technically the day after NY, but many people use those short weeks for vacation, family time etc, and many employees are off.

You cannot count weekends, as there is no shipping those days, so you essentially placed an order on Friday and will have the item 6 days later, only 4 of which are business days.

Have we really become that much of a "I want it now" type of people? Is anyone old enough to remember that anything purchased through the mail used to take 4-6 weeks minimum to receive after you mailed them a check?

We have only been able to shop online for a few years now the way we do today, yet the younger generation which hasn't ever experienced life without cell phones, PCs ,Pay Pal and instant communication tools think it's been this way forever
Old 01-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shipping slowing down??

I am aware of all of these things, but it wasn't even processed til late Monday. It's not that I need it "right now"..my point is that I have never experienced this with HD in my two years of buying from them, and just found it odd. I order stuff from other countries, west coast, etc. Heli Direct is based one state away from where I live, so yes, a week to process and deliver two small main blades seems a bit off to me, that is all. Will I still do business with them? Of course! They are one of my favorite vendors. Maybe if your post was a little less patronizing, I would have let it go....I wish just once I could post an opinion without having someone try to "educate" me on the process in which my opinion is based on..this is not an attack on helidirect, or the shipping industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhammer View Post
I am aware of all of these things, but it wasn't even processed til late Monday. It's not that I need it "right now"..my point is that I have never experienced this with HD in my two years of buying from them, and just found it odd. I order stuff from other countries, west coast, etc. Heli Direct is based one state away from where I live, so yes, a week to process and deliver two small main blades seems a bit off to me, that is all. Will I still do business with them? Of course! They are one of my favorite vendors. Maybe if your post was a little less patronizing, I would have let it go....I wish just once I could post an opinion without having someone try to "educate" me on the process in which my opinion is based on..this is not an attack on helidirect, or the shipping industry.

Then maybe posting on public discussion forums where others are also free to post their opinions as well isn't for you

My post wasn't intended to be patronizing.......just my opinion from another person on the outside looking in is all. I'm sorry if I offended you.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not an offense...I was just commenting on the fact that shipping has slowed a bit. I had ordered a canopy from heliparts direct during the week of Christmas, and was perplexed as to why a canopy being shipped from Florida took less time to ship than a pair of main blades from Massachusetts, a state I can drive to and back home in three hours..
I apologize for my response, I could have worded it differently. No worries...been a bit grumpy lately due to the fact I have two new helis for over two weeks, but am grounded due to an endless string of bad weather

Old 01-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, so the first few times this happened, I gave HD the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm starting to wonder. If someone pays the money for 2 day shipping, it should not take 5 days to ship something from mass to maine. I do know we have had some crazy weather (pretty bad storm up here) but its funny that another vendor in texas could get an order, made on the same day using the same 2 day shipping, here in 3 days in the same conditions. I have had it with HD. They don't update their website when things are sold out, and lately, they have really let me down when it comes to getting orders out in a timely fashion. If something is ordered on a friday morning, it should be shipped out on friday, not the following monday. I used to really enjoy ordering from them, but this is the last straw. Good bye HeliDirect, Tmkarc1hobby will be getting ALL my business from now on
Old 01-30-2015, 03:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The first thing I would check if I were you is did they ship with the right shipping option I chose. If they ship with the right shipping I chose, then if there is any delay, that because the shipping carrier, not them.
ddhuans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Their site is definitely having problems. I placed an order on Tuesday, which has been "processing wait4label" for an entire 24 hours now.

Not sure what is going on, but it isn't good.....
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got an order from them yesterday. I placed it on Monday, it shipped Tuesday and I got it Wednesday.

Course I only live 30 minutes by car

We did just get 46+ inches of snow.
Ewizza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2015, 09:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

You now have option for "Expedited Processing" $3.99 extra to be processed quicker

Still seems like a crap shoot, not carrier, on their end of processing, maybe just backed up with all the 380 goblin orders? Right,,
Stuck in checkout, will not finish processing, Quick sale, 20 min of BS! still cant "PAY!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in