Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My lhs told me the 120sr was an awesome heli. Hell even a customer raved how great it was.

They were right it's a sweet heli for the money. Extremely durable as well.
EmbraceTheHate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the 120 is a great heli even though it is old. I fly many different heli's and for the money and cheap maintenance you can't beat it.As for the tech not being new,so what!!! I fly for the pure love of flying,I don't feel the need to 'keep up with the neighbors" That's just d-k wagging!!!
dumbledoobie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 10:37 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Still got mine.

I had my 120 up on the shelf for awhile but just started flying it again. Picked up 5 new batteries for it and a spare gear and tail motor. Best time I have with it is early morning in my back yard when it's not windy. If you are outside and get into trouble you can just cut throttle and let it fall onto the grass, very rarely will it be damaged. Enjoy your 120 SR !!!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzzaudae View Post
Congratulations on getting a 120SR.
Actually 120SR is a very good low power basic trainer for indoor flying. That being said many people try and fly outdoors and quickly find it's not a good plan to fly it in any kind of wind. The helicopter has it's limitations!

Flying outdoors in the evening with zero wind is a blast. But it's best at a school yard or other large flying field where there is nothing to fly into and break the helicopter.

As I now fly mostly larger more powerful CP helicopters and I rarely fly 120SR, I do remember the hours and hours of fun I had learning how to fly this wonderful little helicopter.

Ron
+1
navag8ter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's just my opinion. But, I love my SR 120. I have rex 700, two 600, and two 500. I have had many hours of fun with my 120. I think it's a Great little Heli to learn on. I just bought my grandson, one for his Birthday.He will be eight and I'm seventy I hope he has as much fun with it, as I have had.I say just enjoy it for what it is, and do watch the wind, if you're outside. Also avoid ceiling fans inside. The results can be really bad.
Little Richard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

In a week, it will have been a year since the OP's last activity on HF
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
In a week, it will have been a year since the OP's last activity on HF
Must,remember, to look at the dates..
navag8ter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was my first heli and I loved it! Great flying and tough! I eventually binded it with my DX7 and it even flew better.
johnthom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good choice for your first flight, from the first reply and saying that its old technology, yes it might be, but i have found that the blade 200srx is not the type of helicopter you want to be flying indoors.

The blade 120sr is on the other hand, all you need to do is practice your side in hovers and nose in hovers first. the blade 120sr is the best thing to be learning this stuff with because it is so forgiving in the stick movements, i would advise now you have it connected to a customisable transmitter, to turn up the DR/EXPO setting and the TRAVEL ADJUST settings, make it really sensitive in flight, that way when you come to fly the CP models it wont be so difficult, that's just my personal experience.

Happy flying! =)
clarkieboii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in