Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the ESC boots up with trim in the centre then yes just rebind with RX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess my question would be should I center my THR trim on the stock Tx and reprogram my Align ESC?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
I guess my question would be should I center my THR trim on the stock Tx and reprogram my Align ESC?
Yeah, I don't think it was the TX that had the problem. It was the crapesky ESC that thought that throttle trim was someone giving the ESC throttle.

-Jonny
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok I'll give it a go!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Yea! View Post
Ok I'll give it a go!
Let's us know what happens. (Should be ok)

Chad, why don't you give in and get a DX6I. It will change your heli life. I can tell you are dieing for one

PS.... Gooo oooooonnnnn

-Jonny
Old 01-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The lowered throttle trim comes from our Lama days. All the Lama manuals said to keep the trim all the way down, and with the later ones, the 4 in 1 wouldn't setup if the trim wasn't all the way down.

Moving on to the Belt, here is a blurb from page 5 of the Belt manual.

mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyheli View Post
Let's us know what happens. (Should be ok)

Chad, why don't you give in and get a DX6I. It will change your heli life. I can tell you are dieing for one

PS.... Gooo oooooonnnnn

-Jonny
No money is stopping me dead in my tracks. But as soon as I can afford one I will have one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwizard View Post
The lowered throttle trim comes from our Lama days. All the Lama manuals said to keep the trim all the way down, and with the later ones, the 4 in 1 wouldn't setup if the trim wasn't all the way down.

Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm, Now does this have to do with the Esky electronics, or does it have to do with TX programing?????? I do know that the Lamas and the Belt use the same Tx they are both 6 channel devices. The difference is the Lama Tx's don't have any thing hooked up to the 5th & 6th channels. They have the same THR curves and programming. With some soldiering and switch flipping you can built a Belt Tx with a Lama Tx. So I figured I'd better add some confusion before I go and need to do an emergency disconnect. Those blades hurt alot at 2300 rpms. I don't really want to find out how they feel at 3300 rpms! Or do another rebuild due to chicken dancing!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chad, i'm pretty sure it's because of the ESC not the TX. The stock esky TX is like any other TX but it's not computer and it doesn't have as many features.

I say reprogram your ESC with the throttle trim centre. And while reporgraming make sure your throttle knob is at 0.

-Jonny
Old 01-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwizard View Post

Same for Walkeras..........
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 03:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So here's what I did. I had to replace my stripped MG so while I had the head off and no MG, I decided to try. I reprogrammed my Align ESC with the THR trim centered stick at full throttle(as required to enter prog. mode) and it worked! The Soft Start starts way softer and it takes about 3 clicks on the stick before the moter even wants to start. So it has to be the crapEsky electronics. I will test further tomorrow as it's too late to fly in the living room. I also took the UBEC off the TV and put it on the bird! I'm ARTF I just need to get the tail set up been doing some gyro fiddlin to see if I can get both modes to work decently! One last thing I want to try before I give up and go fulltime HH again. I only use HH anyway but I just want to see if I can! I was watching some of Bob's vids today and I'll try his way of removing servo creep(in the Telebee gyro vid) to see if it helps using the stock Tx. If not I know what works!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice Chad! I knew it would work!

Just shows how shit the Esky ESC's are.

There's only one thing Esky are good at makeing and that's batteries but they are still too expensive for what they are.

-Jonny
Old 01-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, Esky lipos are pretty good! I have put at least 200 cycles through my stocker and I was really hard on it before I knew proper lipo care! It is showing some signs of power loss now but I rate them highly. I think they also did a good job with the 704A gyro! That must be why they don't make it any more. They can't have anything good ruining their reputation!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Back on topic! I think that any ESC that you can program the THR range should work, otherwise you should have your THR trim at the bottom, not just for the crapEsky ESC.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless the ESC is programed at centre trim in the factory

Lol they stopped making the 704A gyro because it was too good and they didn't want to spoil their bad repition lol I like it

-Jonny
Old 01-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok I've run some tests and it starts softer but I lost some head speed. I put the trim back down and it's more to my liking! It was worth a shot though thanks anyway! As far as the gyro Bob's technique failed as well.(cause its the stock Tx not Bob's fault) But now I'm getting Tx glitching again so I fixed that I hope. I will see when my lipos finish charging. Other than that she was flying pretty good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in