Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2 crashes with weird heli behavior

Hy guys,

I would like you to check out this photo and tell me what could get better in this beastx installation!! Besides the stock tape that I will change for the 3M one. I had 2 consecutive crashes and I think that was because the heli tried to something that I did not want! I have flown this heli (Trex 500 EFL PRO) about 20 flights with no problem. Than I started to check my tail beastx setup like the stick post of nwmtech and I had to do a lot of piros to check it out! In the first crash I did all the piros and when I was in a hover to land the heli lost control and hit the ground (I thought that could be some short circuit! All the thing were very quickly! Without blades I turned the motor on and checked all the wires and everything was OK. Rebuild the heli and went to the field again! I flew the first pack with a few piros during FFF and everything was OK. The second pack, in the middle of the flight I started to make some piros in a hover and change direction quickly then the heli lost control and hitted the ground! Seemed that she tried to tip over!!! I don´t know!! What could it be!!!!????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120503_121617.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	313477  
Alexandre Najar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try the harder pad, they are better when hard mounted. You need just enough to dampen vibrations. IME the 3mm pad allows the unit move enough to give false sensor readings.
PlaneHazza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

probably just your radio set up' everyone and their brother is doiin the same thing. Trims memorized by comp radios@! Also a 30 second check but what are manuals for anyway;s dont read then ignore the rest. 99 percent of all of you having problems obviously have trim stored on your tx. Maybe the next tx will come out with no trim available for dummies
So sorry if I have offended you but this is and alway's been the bottom line and getting so old it is nonsence
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Change the pad for sure..I can already tell its too soft by looking at the one you have on it..You need the thin/gray color 3M tape..
Old 05-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys. It is so nice to have people with much more experience helping us! I have already changed my pad to the 3M gray one! What about my wires? They are not tight and my receiver is installed with some hook and loop tape at the side of the heli. Is it OK!? Another thing that I would like to ask is about the beastx N menu setup "pirouette optimization". I confess that I am a little confused with this. For a Trex 500 EFL Pro with the beastx mounted at the gyro tray I found, reading the manual and holding the heli....bla bla bla, that it shoul be in (reversed) -blue light! Am I correct?!
Alexandre Najar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The point about step N is that whichever way it tilts when you go into that step, moving the heli will have no effect on that tilt, with reference to the rest of the universe, lol. Try this, go into step N and pick up your heli by the head button, and then spin the heli around underneath the button and look at the swash. The swash should appear to be stationary in space, even though the servos are moving all over the place. If it is set incorrectly, then it will wobble around like crazy.

Stable swash, when you spin the heli, is what you need to look for. When you see it like this it will be obvious you have it right.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
probably just your radio set up' everyone and their brother is doiin the same thing. Trims memorized by comp radios@! Also a 30 second check but what are manuals for anyway;s dont read then ignore the rest. 99 percent of all of you having problems obviously have trim stored on your tx. Maybe the next tx will come out with no trim available for dummies
So sorry if I have offended you but this is and alway's been the bottom line and getting so old it is nonsence

Wow your a barrel of laughs with an attitude like that! How do you know he has any trim in the TX? More likely as mentioned above point N being set wrong.

retired to the black bin bag!!

Flying_Amp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post

WOW !

I will have to make a note not to ask you for help. Whatever happened to the "love" and helping each other. If you can't say anything positive why bother replying? Sorry if I have offended you but your reply was really out of place

Have a nice day

Wizzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any luck with your issue by the way? Did you have chance to re-visit piro comp at set-up menu step N? You did ask how do you know how to set this correctly. Hopefully you have been able to verify this step now.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in