Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Evolution (formerly ALeeS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Possibly getting a 750

as the title implies I may be getting a 750. All it needs are electronics. I know there are some things if want to put in it, others I would like your opinions.

FBL: Bavarian Demon 3SX
ESC: CC edge HV 120/160? I will be running a 12s set up. I will
Kiel to eventually run 750 blades on this. I would like your opinion on this one
HV servos: I like MKS, but I am open to other high quality brands. I would like your opinion on this one.
Motor: I want a quatum and would like to run a high HS. I would like your opinion on this one.
All electronics will be run off a 2s lipo.

I look forward to you your feedback.

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the savox 2283 and 2284 brushless servos on my 6hvu and they are sweet. Super fast.They are 140 each. I'm putting a set on my new rush. You won't be disappointed if you go with these. I was reading some posts on direct to swash vs bell cranks, some were saying that bellcranks are faster off of center. I can't wait to see how true this is. My 6hvu is amazingly fast and if it bellcranks are faster than that I will be blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kane601 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most everything I seen you mention, OP, is good. Be careful going above 2500 HS, as you can elongate the thru holes on the blade grips for the main blades. Id look to stay around 2300. Flight times will suffer a little at the higher head speeds, but Im sure that it will be one hell of a fun ride!

The ESC, it depends on how hard you intend on flying. If you plan on the stretch kit, definately go with the 160A esc. I fly on a 120A CC, i come down warmer than what I like, but per the CC log, Im drawing around 90A.

Servos... Im a Savox guy as well. Im running the 1267 on cyclics and a Futaba 256 on tail. They have performed flawless for me. All hooked up to a mini vbar and a 8ch powersafe dmss JR Rx.

You wont regret buying a Rush. I know I havent!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-fry View Post
Most everything I seen you mention, OP, is good. Be careful going above 2500 HS, as you can elongate the thru holes on the blade grips for the main blades. Id look to stay around 2300. Flight times will suffer a little at the higher head speeds, but Im sure that it will be one hell of a fun ride!

The ESC, it depends on how hard you intend on flying. If you plan on the stretch kit, definately go with the 160A esc. I fly on a 120A CC, i come down warmer than what I like, but per the CC log, Im drawing around 90A.

Servos... Im a Savox guy as well. Im running the 1267 on cyclics and a Futaba 256 on tail. They have performed flawless for me. All hooked up to a mini vbar and a 8ch powersafe dmss JR Rx.

You wont regret buying a Rush. I know I havent!

Interesting info on the head speed, thanks Chris.

Just since we are talking about it, what is a typical head speed range for a pilot who does some big air with smack-ish type flying mixed in? I ask because I am not familiar with 700 sized heli head speeds.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I run 1750, 1850 and 1950. I will change it up 100 rpm per flight mode as well.

I like the long flight times that 1850 provides. 7.5 minutes with 5300mah packs.
markrj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm at 2050 for all big air type stuff, with some flips, stationary type rolls, sideways tics, and learning the forward/aft tics and I'm at 5 mins on 45C 5000's. I'm landing at ~30% remaining. But I'm also running a Scorpion HK-III 4035-560. I'm pulling 103A for a peak, but that was on dad's Rush, with the same power system.

I could drop my HS like Mark did, and pick up some flight time. But 5 mins, and pretty well spent for the next 15 mins. I like flying a bit faster as I feel it makes the bigger air type manuevers look cleaner.

Thats the reason we suggest staying under 2500 HS. It is also possible that you could bend the bolts too.

But for general sport flying, some big air type stuff mixed in with some smack....... 2000 sounds good. Feel it out at different head speeds, and find out what you like best. What one of us likes, the next one may not like it. But that is what makes the world go round. But if you do decide to stretch your machine, I would look at dropping the HS to around 1850.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Recently I changed my 750 back to 695 cyclones. I didnt change anything on it but blades and boom. The thing weighs 13 lb 10 oz with the big 5000 mah 7s packs. I fly fairly hard 3d with fast big air and little smooth 3d. On sunday I only ran 1900-2050. It was still awesome. One flight around 2000 rpm after 4 minutes throwing it around, the batteries had 51% left. Shocking.

Point is. 2200+ is fun I guess, but you don't need it. Less head speed and more pitch is what I like right now. A wise man said this passed Monday, "I run the lowest possible head speed that my flybarless unit will tune well at." And then just add pitch until you get the pop and stops how you want them.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys, and one more question.

The guy I bought this heli from was flying it on 12s, using 3600mah packs. They seemed to work well for him and he says he was getting over 4 minutes with them. They seem small and light for this heli, and I'm thinking I'll set the timer for 3 minutes to be safe.

Anyway, I guess my question is what is the optimal size pack for this machine? I basically don't have any packs for this machine save for the 3 sets of the 3600 packs that came with it. I also have a couple 4400 packs that I use with my Goblin 500.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly 4400's on my dedicated 12s Rush 700. I did this for weight savings. But since I am getting such great preformance with my other Rush that is running 14s 5000, I will be getting a set of 5000's for the Rush 700. Anything between 4400-5300 is great. 6s or 7s depending on your set up and flying style.

Do you have anybody close that you can borrow a set of packs to try? That is what I did for the 4500 6s before I bought them.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelinpr View Post
I fly 4400's on my dedicated 12s Rush 700. I did this for weight savings. But since I am getting such great preformance with my other Rush that is running 14s 5000, I will be getting a set of 5000's for the Rush 700. Anything between 4400-5300 is great. 6s or 7s depending on your set up and flying style.

Do you have anybody close that you can borrow a set of packs to try? That is what I did for the 4500 6s before I bought them.
What kind of flight time do you get?
Old 10-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sunday I flew the 14s on 695 cyclones. After flying 4 min I had 51% in the battery. I could have pushed another 1 1/2 min no problem. The 12 s 700 on cyclones I fly 4 min with 4500 and have around 30% left. I fly both fairly hard. The 12 s 700 has a weird set up and isn't very efficient for some reason. I just put the gov on and I do not think it is working very well. Lots of heat in the system.

Normally I fly the 14s on 753's. If I do a nice smooth 3d flight around 1700-1750 with no gov, I can fly 6 1/2 min.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrsteele View Post
as the title implies I may be getting a 750. All it needs are electronics. I know there are some things if want to put in it, others I would like your opinions.

FBL: Bavarian Demon 3SX
ESC: CC edge HV 120/160? I will be running a 12s set up. I will
Kiel to eventually run 750 blades on this. I would like your opinion on this one
HV servos: I like MKS, but I am open to other high quality brands. I would like your opinion on this one.
Motor: I want a quatum and would like to run a high HS. I would like your opinion on this one.
All electronics will be run off a 2s lipo.

I look forward to you your feedback.

Thanks!
If you are going to stretch to 750 sized blades and you want to buy once to be future proof, I would get the HV160. The Servos are pretty much your choice, but I have OMG H4's on my Rush and they will be on my EVO, as well.

Motor for high head speed, it depends on how you want to go. The machine at 700 size can take around 2500 but please check the blade bolts and brass inserts regularly. If you stretch to 750, we do not recommend higher than 1960, but it has been tested at 2300 with no issues other than checking the blade bolts and brass inserts on the blades. Motors--- for 700 anything 500 kv up to 530kv should work, but you will want to change gears for super high head speeds. For 750's, 430kv up to 495 kv should work fine again changing gearing for higher head speeds.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My setup currently is an xera 4035 with helijive 120 running 695 blades. I haven't tached my headspeed but it's probably around 2150. I have 3 sets of 4500 6s packs and one set of 5000 6s packs currently. I fly 4 minutes and 4:30 respectively. I'm flying hard 3d including some big air fast stuff. I land with 3.75-3.80V on the cells depending how hard I push it. With the 4500 packs my heli is 11.78 lbs. rtf. My current rush is setup on the light side so I find the 4035 has plenty of power with this combination. Of course power is fun, so I have a much more brutal setup waiting for my Evo. Personally I've been a long time user of mks servos and I think they are fantastic. I've been eye balling the new bk servos though and I'm thinking about giving them a try. If you think your going to stretch, definitely go for a 160 esc. Previously I ran a scorpion 4525 le but I could over amp the jive so I reduced the motor. I think you'll be very pleased with the Rush. It flys fantastic, is easy to wrench on and just looks good to boot.
-Phillip Johnson, AMA #954735
LegndarySaiyan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in