Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail gain for kdbb and vbar?

I'm running the stock align ds650 servo on the tail, 105mm kdbb's (bright orange, awesome) a headspeed of 2350 and a full size vbar, 5.2.

I'm just starting to attempt backwards inverted hurricanes, however the tail goes nuts during this (back and forth real fast like it can't quite decide if it wants to compensate left or right). I've lowered the gain down a little (to 88 in the vbar software) but now when I do a full pitch climb out the tail blows out a bit.

On the tail servo I'm using the middle hole so I can get maximum travel, on the inner hole it wasn't going all the way to one side.

What do I need to do to be able to do pitch pumps, and hurricanes, with the tail holding? Is the servo not good enough? Are the blades too soft (ie flexing)?
Dan E is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you have the pro software or just the express software
if you have pro click on the little hat in the top right corner of the tail controlls and you have better tail setup adjustments there

you might need stiffer tail blades
kbdd now has a stiffer version of their tail blades you can get
I fly sab on mine and dont have any trouble but they are about 35-40.00 a set
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly the kbdd extreme tail blades on all my helis and they are great. I dont know what the gain would be on vbar on the pro but start around 50 and adjust from there.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The KBDD 104mm EE's are stiffer and have a different taper and airfoil.

I am running the 96mm on all my 600 sized machines and the 104's on the 700 sized ships.

The tail should hold, with no wag or blowouts, with the older style KBDD's, though.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a similar issue and doubt it's because of the KBDD blades. I'm running CF 105's but running beastx.

Doing the same maneuver I have the wag also. I had to drop the tail gain down to stop it, but it also doesn't feel as locked anymore. I think that might be the downside with running the 105.
Emurzion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm having the same problem. After some investigation I found that one of the bearings of the tail slider arm was shot. It still moved but was kinda sticky when far out to one side. Have to wait for spares now. To compensate I treated myself to an upgrade:-O
daran0815 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 05:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Glad I'm not unique in this issue. Those that have it, which tail servo are you running?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan E View Post
I'm running the stock align ds650 servo on the tail, 105mm kdbb's (bright orange, awesome) a headspeed of 2350 and a full size vbar, 5.2.

I'm just starting to attempt backwards inverted hurricanes, however the tail goes nuts during this (back and forth real fast like it can't quite decide if it wants to compensate left or right). I've lowered the gain down a little (to 88 in the vbar software) but now when I do a full pitch climb out the tail blows out a bit.

On the tail servo I'm using the middle hole so I can get maximum travel, on the inner hole it wasn't going all the way to one side.

What do I need to do to be able to do pitch pumps, and hurricanes, with the tail holding? Is the servo not good enough? Are the blades too soft (ie flexing)?
can you post up your vbar file so I can look at it.
in the pro software your have several gains you can adjust but in the express (stock) software its limited.
I run pro on all of mine and its great. I'm not saying you need to upgrade your software but it sounds to me like your a serious flier so it might be something you want to look at
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have the pro software already, got it straight away. Ill post the file up over the weekend. Currently out of town

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in