Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2017, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Main spindle

Anyone got a source for these, preferably in the US? I have looked as of yesterday and results were nil. MSHUSA had some for a minute, but I stalled and missed out.

Next time I order them I am ordering a dozen If anyone gets them in stock.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll look around when I get some time but at a glance only saw them in stock in Canada.
You just looking for a spares or do you need one now for a rebuild?

If you need one so you can fly just PM me your address and I'll send you one.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I saw the same in CA, but shipping was almost $9 so I didn't order. I was going to order 6 to sort of offset the cost, but just gave up on it.

I need one to fly. I smacked something so hard it popped the thing in half and didn't even leave a scratch on the mains. Damn trees, lol. Not sure if that is now the result of going to Lynx metal grips.

Thanks for the offer. I found one on ebay. The part number crossed, but will see what I get. I'll let you know.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
I saw the same in CA, but shipping was almost $9 so I didn't order. I was going to order 6 to sort of offset the cost, but just gave up on it.

I need one to fly. I smacked something so hard it popped the thing in half and didn't even leave a scratch on the mains. Damn trees, lol. Not sure if that is now the result of going to Lynx metal grips.

Thanks for the offer. I found one on ebay. The part number crossed, but will see what I get. I'll let you know.
Damn trees always jumping in the way..lol

Could be, one crash in grass the Lynx grips appeared to save my spindle but a tree is a different story

Put a new one in mine for no reason when I put a fresh set of dampers in so have a perfectly fine used one you're more than welcome to have free of charge if you want it.

Pretty sure I have enough to send you the used one plus a nice shiny new one too.

Just let me know
Old 01-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just fyi I have 2 part #'s for Mini P spindles. MSH41096 flybarless spindle kit and MSH41002 which is a 2 pack.

Don't have as many as I thought but still have enough to send you 1 NIP spindle if you need one. Thought I had a bunch but 3 of the bags contained tail shafts not spindles. .lol
Old 01-28-2017, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Just fyi I have 2 part #'s for Mini P spindles. MSH41096 flybarless spindle kit and MSH41002 which is a 2 pack.

Don't have as many as I thought but still have enough to send you 1 NIP spindle if you need one. Thought I had a bunch but 3 of the bags contained tail shafts not spindles. .lol
Check that they are the same length - from memory the twin pack was the old fly-barred spindle
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
Check that they are the same length - from memory the twin pack was the old fly-barred spindle
That crossed my mind but they appear to be the same length when lined up. Imagine the fb and fbl spindles would be the same anyway...
Old 01-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I rcvd one in the mail Wed. Haven't had a chance to start working on her yet. Hopefully tomorrow or maybe later tonight. Hopefully they are back in stock soon. I think I bought the last remaining in the United States, lol. I have to search the other part number.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me too cause Mike has me wondering now....lol

Now that I think about the fb hub on my P50 used different dampers than the fbl so the Mini's probably the same way so maybe they do have 2 different spindles for fb/fbl
Old 01-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good call Mike, 2 pack spindles are just a hair shorter than the one labeled as fbl. Looks like they'll work if you use regular washers instead of the slightly thicker spindle bolt washers that come with the spindle
Old 01-29-2017, 12:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
Good call Mike, 2 pack spindles are just a hair shorter than the one labeled as fbl. Looks like they'll work if you use regular washers instead of the slightly thicker spindle bolt washers that come with the spindle
Unfortunately that would mess up the geometry - the longer shaft with deeper washers is needed to line up the balls on the rotor grips.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Unfortunately that would mess up the geometry - the longer shaft with deeper washers is needed to line up the balls on the rotor grips.
Crap, figured there would probably be some kind of problem trying to use them. Was thinking they'd make the grips too tight against the dampers causing them to bind or something along those lines, linkage alignment hadn't even crossed my mind.

Have you ever tried to make it work? Looks like it would only be about a 1mm difference on each side.

Was going to play around with it cause I have all the parts to build a spare head/main shaft/swash assembly but if you already tried and it was a no go or looked iffy then I won't even bother.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could be the guinea pig...

Old 01-29-2017, 07:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
You could be the guinea pig...
I'll definitely give it a shot if Mikej hasn't already since I have 2 of the damn things NIP...

Should have enough stripped airframes and various bits laying around to be able to Frankenstein something together. Shim here and/or there and I'm pretty sure I can get em to work with the Lynx grips, not so sure about the plastic grips though
Old 01-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried it. My understanding is that cyclic movements would not be in the correct orientation, i.e. because the main grip servo ball is not completely in the middle of the mainshaft so for instance an elevator flip would not end up straight but each part of the flip would be slightly off straight, a loop would end up being a slight cork-screw
Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I just ordered up 6 from the Canadian site. Tried to order more, but that was all they had. $8.50 for shipping But hey, desperate times...

My luck they will be back in stock coast to coast tomorrow. Haven't seen OTS mention anything, though.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
...a loop would end up being a slight cork-screw
Sounds like a way to pull off some cool moves

Old 01-29-2017, 08:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I haven't tried it. My understanding is that cyclic movements would not be in the correct orientation, i.e. because the main grip servo ball is not completely in the middle of the mainshaft so for instance an elevator flip would not end up straight but each part of the flip would be slightly off straight, a loop would end up being a slight cork-screw
It wouldn't effect phasing, which is what you are talking about. That is based on the swash ball alignment, but it would effect delta. This is used to effect how a blade reacts when the spindle moves in the dampers and can have effects on reaction of the head in gusty wind as an example.

Delta was used more with FB heads to tune responce, the majority of FBL heads use 0 degrees of delta, I.e. Grip ball in line with the mainshaft. I would just try it and see if it causes you any issues, it may not be enough of a change to upset the Heli, and get the correct ones next time.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Dennis - you're right I was thinking of Delta
Old 01-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll play around with it sometime when I get bored. I don't know if they even sell these ones anymore since they came with one of the used Mini's I got out of the classifieds. Might as well try and get some use out of them.

Since the balls on the Lynx grips sit parallel to the spindle and use a med length ball, I think I can get things to line up by using a shorter ball. Have a few different lengths laying around that are the right diameter.

Thanks for the info guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in