Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derfman View Post
what is the difference between the "HOLD" in the throttle menu, and "HOLD" in the pitch menu?
One adjusts the throttle curve under "Throttle Hold" and the other adjusts the pitch curve under "Throttle Hold". These radios are very flexible - just because it's called throttle hold, doesn't mean you have to use it to hold the throttle, that's up to your programming.

Just don't change the behavior of the TH switch to do something different and hand your Tx to someone else without warning them!
hemp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Ron,

Thanks a lot for this clear and effective way to get rid of the negative pitch at 50%!
My mcpx came with the same neg pitch out of the box. I've been thinking how I could correct it. I did it at first through programming my Tx but a balanced setup is how it should be ofcourse! So tnx again!!!
JeffheaD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default He Hold

RE Hold.

The throttle hold shuts the main motor off when in the hold position.

The hold in the pitch curve section can be used like this.

If set say 50,50,50,50.50 the hold in the pitch curve menu sets your blades at zero pitch no matter the collective position.

If you set it 0,25,50,75,100 it allows full collective pitch for auto rotation landings with helicopters equipped to with driven tail and one way bearings on main gears.

Hope this helps you.
Ron
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzzaudae View Post
The throttle hold shuts the main motor off when in the hold position.
That is true by default, but current radios can be programmed to change that. On a DX6i for instance, via the HOLD curve in the THRO CUR menu. Change it to 50% in the sim and you'll see that flipping the throttle hold switch 'holds' your throttle at 50% regardless of collective.

Not sure what uses one might have for throttle hold at something other than 0, but it is possible.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have three sets of settings for the McpX from John Salt, and he agrees with what you all are saying about negative pitch. My beginner settings for learning hover, go from +3 to +7 degress. Once I get cocky his regular outdoor settings call for a -3 to +8 degrees. His hot shot settings range from -9 to +9 degrees. Once I get the training wheels on, I will be ready
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello and welcome to the forum

Please keep in mind that the above settings are only used to zero the pitch of the blades on the helicopter when the throttle stick on the transmitter is lined up at mid stick.
All this does is align the helicopter and the radio.

If you would like to look at the newbie DX6i settings for flying the helicopter please feel free to fallow the link bellow
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=407020

This link will show you a more advanced setup!
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=433975

Hope this helps you.
Ron
Old 08-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread I I am about to try your toothpick method. Guess I was one of the V2 lucky ones bound mine looked at it looked half a ok went flying. I have done some fine tuning to cyclic endpoints etc. extended boom but other than that and KBDD blades nothing else modified.
Managed to wipe out model memory setting up new model for 700 in radio so now I am about to set whole thing again will try this toothpick system now see how far off mine is....

Last edited by sarpilot; 08-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: correction
sarpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Had to do mine on a heli that I bought about a week ago (HP05). Performed ok at first, so I didnt think to check it. However, when I governed it down to accomodate my skill level (65%), it wouldnt go past a slow climb at full throttle. Checked and sure enough, was several degrees off.

Evidently the higher powered motor was masking the problem.

Wanted to throw that out there in case this "suddenly" crops up for anyone.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well just checked mine via toothpick and looks like mine is setup reasonably well from the manufacturer. Mine is still relatively new have taken a few hard hits but so far the only major damage was flying it into an outdoor lawnchair and snapping the boom.
Now I have the HH extended boom w KBDD blades fore and aft.
The real problem I see with setup is there is just so much slop in the swash. I have at least 2 degrees of variance positive and negative just really sloppy. Does not affect the way it flies seems fine. Soon as I break a ball on it guess it will be time for one of the metal ones.....
Again great idea for setup.....
Old 08-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #51 (permalink)

Default newbee

Thanks 2 Imzzaudae 4 an excellent p0st.

I have 2 junk helli's t sell.... cx2 and a mx2...... N0 reas0n t0 relearn...

have sim which is helping and a used msr... My friends at the L0cal h0bby st0re were n0
help and screwed with a newbee....... Barrie ah0les....
sailaway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Welcome to the forum

I'm in Petrolia Ontario and have family in Orillia. Small world.
Glad my post helped you.
Ron
Old 08-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Hello Ron: I used your method for 0 the pitch at center stick. It is awesome. My biggest problem was finding a round toothpick!!! The McpX V2 only took one full turn on the servo rods to line the toothpicks. I tried flying it with a set of Xtreme training gear, but it shook so bad I landed, then tried it again with the same result. I then took the training gear off and flying we went. The little sucker flew up and hovered all by itself. This is my first flight ever on a CP heli, and I just assumed something was wrong as everything you read about CP tells you how sensitive they are. I now have 18 flights and just over one hour flying time and having a blast. It is very quick, and if it looks like I am over my head, I hit TH and it plops on the grass or carpet inside. Mind you I have it set on the baby settings from John Salt, however it is still very lively
Old 08-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello renefigueroa

You may enjoy some of my other posts at the links bellow.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=407020

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=438158

IDLE UP FOR INTERMEDIAT MCPX NEWBIES
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=433975
Old 08-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you sir I will. I now have 30 flights and about 2 hours TT and all is well!!! I just put my second, (spare), brand new 120SR on Ebay and ordered another McpX. I have to be sure to have the equipment available. This little sucker is a hoot, I can hover, or my version of hovering, far easier than the 120SR. It will run away from you in a hurry that's for sure. I am practicing 360 degrees turns while staying within the confines of my 94 acre farm, lol.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is a hand full that's for sure working on setting zero pitch now thanks for all Tue help guys hopefully I can help someone like you all have helped me

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
gsxrflash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by renefigueroa View Post
I am practicing 360 degrees turns while staying within the confines of my 94 acre farm, lol.
Bring your binoculars!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoa mine was way off no wonder I had issues it's dark here in Toronto so ill have to wait for morning to see how she flys

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
gsxrflash is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrflash View Post
Whoa mine was way off no wonder I had issues it's dark here in Toronto so ill have to wait for morning to see how she flys
In theory, not having zero pitch at mid-stick may not have any impact on how the heli flies, it would primarily impact where you move the stick to get the desired pitch. Of course if it's off far enough then you may not have sufficient servo travel to get the pitch you're seeking, but it would have to be a really long way off.

An out-of-level swashplate, however, will definitely impact flight characteristics. If you followed the process laid out here you may also have leveled your swash. The change to look for would be a more stable hover (less tendency to drift in one direction.)
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is a swash plate level tool needed? or can I just eyeball it. I bent my rear servo arm a bit and noticed my swashplate is a tiny bit lower in the back. Flys fine for me ( I'm 2weeks new to heli's )

If a swashplate tool is needed is the round looking Xtreme one good? or the Rakon? I was leaning extreme since on ebay they ship from the USA and not the UK..so was just thinking it would get here faster.

Also my mcpx came perfectly zero pitched out of the box. I watched indoorheli's video on just eyballing the flat spot on the blade grips, I also look at the screws and mine are basically flat and lined up.
KTMDirtFace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in