Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MKS ds8910a Tail Servo

I'm looking for a Cheaper version of the MKS ds8910a Servo. $75 is just a little high for me. Can anyone suggest a Tail servo that has comparable stats for less $$$? Also I would like to know what Tail servo's you are flying with. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I couldn't justify ditching the Align DS 525 on the tail. 40 bucks and it can do it all.
That servo is fast enough and strong enough to rip invert funnels in the wind on a 450. No tail wag.

I can't get anything negative out of it.. and even the local guys at my field who don't like Align use it and say its good. They are V bar guys and use the DS525 on their 450s.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

for my lighter 3S setups I use the KST 215mg, for my 4S setups I use the KST 515mg(it's a bit heavy but I use a 4S lipo which balances it self out)
Old 03-21-2015, 11:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get the mks ds8910a+, You won't regret it. Or any other 760us servo. You CAN feel the difference. Mine is 3 years old with 900 flights and works like it did day 1, and still no tick of play in the gears.
3dblair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OMG H1 are the shizz, man! $40, it's all-metal, blazing fast, higher torque than most mini servos and tough as an Abrahms tank. I have them in 450s and 250 alike. Best servo for the money I've ever found and I've tried just about all of them.
skunkworx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mks ds8910a+

been flying one on my trex sport v1 since i got it about 3 years ago. paired with a spartan ds760 its one bad a## servo. ive got well over 1000 flights on it now still going strong. it shed a tail blade last summer and the tail held strong all the way to the deck under control other than the vibes from the missing blade. its well worth the cost.
tigger69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2015, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworx View Post
OMG H1 are the shizz, man! $40, it's all-metal, blazing fast, higher torque than most mini servos and tough as an Abrahms tank. I have them in 450s and 250 alike. Best servo for the money I've ever found and I've tried just about all of them.
Can you tell me where to get one. I was running them on my X3 and one developed about 5mm of play at the end of the servo arm from a few crashes and now nobody in the US has them. I like them but avaliblity has gone down the tubes. Amain has been OOS for almost 2 months now and OMGUSA.com has been two weeks going on three. OMG.net wanted $20 in shipping, forget that. I agree with you they are good servos but not if you can't get gears or replacements when you need them.
Larryu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe try calling the number and see what's up with the shipping? I can't imagine it being $20 for shipping, but I guess it depends if it's coming from overseas or something. Gear sets aren't up on the website yet but if you call they will be able to give you a more direct answer I think?
Old 04-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have called no gears and no servos. I was told week an a half, three weeks ago. The $20 shipping was from China but I've bought a lot of stuff from China and not paid that much for shipping. I'm about ready to sell them off to somebody as spares. I have gears I need a new servo.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Crapola, man. Sorry to hear that. FWIW I'm doing some checking around. Maybe I can help turn up a stone you might not have looked under yet and get you back up and running.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

There be here this week
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkworx View Post
Crapola, man. Sorry to hear that. FWIW I'm doing some checking around. Maybe I can help turn up a stone you might not have looked under yet and get you back up and running.
Thank you shunkworx, I didn’t see your reply since it’s been a few days I guess you didn’t find anything either. I got tired of waiting and replaced them with the KST-315’s that Alofthobbies is carrying, I already had a KST-215 for the tail so I’ve been up and flying.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony whiteside View Post
There be here this week
Thank you for the update Tony, I want to put the OMG’s onto an OXY3 so I’ll keep an eye on the web site. Have been waiting for the H1 servos to come back in before I pulled the trigger.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryu View Post
Thank you shunkworx, I didn’t see your reply since it’s been a few days I guess you didn’t find anything either. I got tired of waiting and replaced them with the KST-315’s that Alofthobbies is carrying, I already had a KST-215 for the tail so I’ve been up and flying.
Well, fortunately if you're up and flying again then that's the most important thing. Sorry I couldn't help you locate one. The H1s are super popular so they seem to sell out quick. Hopefully you can get the remaining one and have a set for the Oxy if you get one. It'll be nice to know how well that machine does.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
The man behind CHC

I have your servos and gears call please 502 386 3333

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in